1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 38 minutes
Closed Thread

Thread: Quick question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quick question

How do I complete/pick up the quest so i can start receiving catalysts when I mine? What npc do I start this quests from?

TY for your help. This site has always been the best for information!

Random Question thread

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/990...31#post4967831

To answer though, you get it from a goblin around level 18 (or 20) north of camp black brush. You'll see a tall pillar of smoke, that's where you need to go. Same NPC that introduces materia and melding. You can get the quest that leads you there in town.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

What they said. Also, important notes:

You can start getting catalysts as soon as you pick up the quest. If you go into your journal, select the quest, and hit 'map', it will probably indicate an area where you can't actually obtain catalysts anyway, so just go to whatever zone is appropriate for your DoL and start gathering. Once you've obtained a single catalyst from anywhere, you can return to the guy to complete the quest, but since you already have the ability, there's no rush to actually complete the quest.

Don't forget to equip the ability it grants, or else you won't get any.

The list of what catalysts can be found where and by whom is listed here. Search for <catalysts> to jump right to that part of the patch notes.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looked for similar thread, didn't find. I got an e-mail stating ffxiv free phase was ending. I'm bored and could use a game. Obviously those playing think I should play, so tell me why.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Bold assumption. I believe that those who are not currently playing should just hold off until 2.0. If you weren't already suffering your way through it, you probably don't want to. I have no reasons for you to join. I only play because I am an incredibly boring person and don't really have anything else constructive to do with my free time.

Also, very off topic, but I suppose the thread title was vague.

Little Mother
    BG Level

That's that. Use the random question thread in the future for your random question, and... quick question needs. Please. Keeps the forums clean.