Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

FFXI Randomly causing sound card to crash(Win 7 64 bit)

The past two days XI has been randomly causing my sound card to crash and also my game. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum card. Newest drivers, etc.

I tried googling but haven't found anything substantial. The issue seems most common when I'm on Ventrilo with my Turtle Beach X11 headset

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How do you know it's FFXI causing these crashes? If Ventrilo exacerbates the issue, it likely has everything to do with your sound card, since that application and Ventrilo are completely separate.

Also, when you say that your sound card is crashing, I assume you're referring to your sound card's proprietary software. How do you know it's crashing, besides the game shutting down? Does your sound go dead? Do you see any error messages? If so, what are they? Are any logs produced that may point at what the issue is?

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well, I can be on Skyrim and Vent or anything else and there's no problem. The crashes are ONLY happening when I'm on XI. I'm not running any software for the sound card but the Windows 7 Volume Mixer goes dead and the game freezes. It's weird because XI's music still plays fine; usually when the game locks up the last few seconds of audio just loop over and over but it's not doing that in this case. Hell, Vent, system sounds, music playing, EVERYTHING else audio plays fine. It's just XI and the volume mixer go dead so I presume it has to do with the sound card.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Try checking your FFXI files for broken files. One of them could be corrupt, causing the sound card to fail/crash.

Does your FFXI crash too or just the sound card?

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Sometimes XI just hangs for 5-10 seconds and sometimes it completely freezes. It always causes the volume mixer to freeze but I can still listen to music or w/e perfectly fine without rebooting. I'm wondering if it's a conflict with my G510 keyboard that I have my headset plugged in to.