FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

BG Forums Donations Drive 2012

What the hell? Its 2012 already? 2011 just started!

Anyway, its that time again. 2011 was a banner year for BG forums, as in we banned a ton of people, got rid of some trash, made up reasons to get rid of others we didnt like, and generally caused a ton of mayhem. Servers held up fine until about midway through the year when we started getting overloaded. Many of you might remember these hours of downtime, one was almost close to a day long. After having to pick a fight with our host, we got our new machines and migrated over to them in short order.

The forums have maintained a massive precense, growing again to around 1200ish users on at any given moment, rarely dropping below 1000 users, even in the middle of the night. With BG-Wiki taking off like crazy and the random image thread giving birth to the BG Bucket and the new chat that most of you forget is there, its been a huge jump for us.

Our latest get rich quick scheme didnt work either. Kryes insistence that people would pay a handsome reward to get him unbanned didnt work at all so once again we look to you, mighty forum readers of BG to help us with our goal.

Same as previous years, our goal is 3000, and as always we will document everything so you know that we are buying the best quality blackjack and hookers that can be ordered on the internets.

I will, once they come in, post the information about the awesome donation prizes that people send in for you to have on the raffle. Please contact me if you have any donations, you can IM me at SonomaaKitty or send me an email at Sonomaa @ gmail.com with any questions, or PM me on the forums. We will grant custom titles for all donations over five dollars.

2011 saw the rebirth of the new FFXIV project 2.0, heralded by the mighty Yoshi-P, who on SEs dime flew me and Ragns out for a knock down drag out interview in which he answered every question we had plus a bunch more via email. Keep on rockin SE, show us what you can do with this XIV stuff.

Because of PayPal QQing, we have to use one of their buttons, sorry about that, it doesnt give you a lot of leeway with custom amounts, but we set it in common amounts.

Money is tight as always, so we understand if you cant donate, in fact, if you cant afford it, save your money. Food and rent is more important than trolling.

THUS, BY THE HERALD OF HERALDING!

RaffleCopter IV: The Last Year Before People Stop With That Mayan Talk

FAQ:
    Q: Is there a min amount to donate to get in the raffle?
    A: You must donate at least 5 dollars to get in the raffle.

Q: What other cool shit can I get for donating?
    A: At least five dollars gets you a custom title of your choice, twenty dollars gets you a ban credit (A ban credit lets you remove most bans from your account, some restrictions apply). Fifty dollars lets you pick a spam forum flavor of the month. Fifty dollars also lets you ban a non-staff member from the forums for 7 days. You must pick your bonus when you make your donation by sending me a PM once youve made it. Im sorry but I cant go through a few months worth of notes because you forgot you made a donation.

Q: Can I get a drawn avatar if I donate more?
    A: Ill talk to some people.
    (artists, give me a buzz, great way to show off your talent!)

Q: Why does Ragns hate spiders so much?
    A: Spiders attacked Ragns village when he was just a small server operator, wiping it all out. These giant spiders let loose a decade long imprisonment, forcing Ragn to administrate from 56k speeds. Thus, once rescued by me and Nikkei and brought into the loving arms of the BlueGartr server, he has been unable to stave off the fear associated with these ten food tall bone, sinew, metal, and stone machines we call 'spiders'.

Q: u?
    A: no u.

Q: Whats the chance your going to head to vegas for blackjack and hookers.
    A: Why would we need blackjack if we had hookers?

Q: I used to be a BG server then I took an arrow to the knee.
    A: Oh, havent heard that before, fantastic.

Q: Pony?
    A: No.

Q: Seriously, how much money to get nudes of Isla.
    A: What the fuck is wrong with you, she's married.
    srsly though she is hot as hell.

--

Donated items thread: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108...2-Rafflecopter

Dole Edit:
    Hello, Blue Gartr! This is your friendly neighborhood horse god wanting YOU(not you aurara!) To donate your unwanted steam games to the donation drive!
    >BUT VANDOLE WHAT DO?
    It's simple, add me on steam or simply use my steam URL to gift the prizes. http://steamcommunity.com/id/vandole/
    >VANDOLE I GAVE YOU SOME DLC FOR THE TRAIN GAME AM I STILL GETTING A CUSTOM TITLE?
    Well timmy, since what you gave me was valued over $5 USD you ARE getting a custom title, sir! Also, if the game is worth $50 or more, you get a free ban ticket! This has the same rules as the monetary donations, but we would much prefer a monetary donation. This is the communities gift to YOU! Also, if you add me on steam and I message you and your name is Dickgirl124 DO NOT be surprised when I say "who the fuck are you?" instead of Hi Isladar!
    > VANDOLE U R THE BEST
    >2012
    >BG Raffle
    >Vandole has good ideas
    >Steam games
    >More prizes for all
    >BG lives on

Horsegod out.

--

*Terms and restrictions apply. Not valid in Hawaii, Alaska, or Quebec, because for whatever reason no fucking contest/giveaway/prize thing ever is valid in Quebec. I mean what the fuck. I fucking love poutine. Bastards have to be French Canadian in the first place, but they're like perma-banned from getting a fucking send-away prize from a box of Cap'n Crunch. Or should I say, MON CAPITAINE CRUNCHAY. Let's have a moment of silence. If you pony up the entire amount (and we're talking the full 5k here, in small, unmarked bills), you will be eligible for a SPECIAL PRIZE. Proof of aforementioned ponying up must be supplied in the form of a picture of said ponier rolling around in money ala Indecent Proposal. Upon confirmation of receipt and analysis of proof the ponier will be entitled to a digital photograph of a regular user of IAS. Choice of who said user will be will be the decision of the governing body of ISLAREICH CORP, GmbH, LLC., and is non-negotiable and will most likely be Callisto doing a stupid face, at which point you'll have spent 5k on a photograph of the skinniest, whitest motherfucker ever. But just in the interest of facilitating ponyage, yes, Virginia, on a scale of 1 to UNLIKELY there could be a chance of settling the age-old question, iykwim. ISLAREICH CORP, GmbH, LLC., is not in anyway responsible for any inferences drawn by the use of 'iykwim' or any of its variants. For external use only. Please consult BG medical to find out if BEING A MAN is right for you. Allow 6 - 8 weeks for delivery. Tiny tiny text is fucking awesome.

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'll start this off with a $50 donation, BG definitely worth it me.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As much as i'd love to, i can't afford to donate anything this time, but good luck!

No progress bar at the top this year? Was pretty cool last year.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    No progress bar at the top this year? Was pretty cool last year.
    progress bar, as always, doesnt appear until we actually get some donations confirmed from paypal

actually... no, because you said it, there will be no progress bar anti
    NONE
    AND ITS YOUR FAULT.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I never got my kraken club from last year. Also, after payday, you can expect the usual lump sum from me.

New Odin
    BG Level

made up reasons to get rid of others we didnt like
    Precisely, but who is to say you won't just make up another reason later to get rid of me if I donate and un-ban myself (unless I can't lol).

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

So THAT'S Ragn's name, just donated and wow totally wasnt expecting that.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Is it possible to link a prepaid credit card to Paypal? If so I'll be donating 20 bucks as soon as it's activated.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

<--- artist if needed.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Is it possible to link a prepaid credit card to Paypal? If so I'll be donating 20 bucks as soon as it's activated.
    Yes.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

OH SHITS RAFFLECOPTER

Edit: wait we have a chat function

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    progress bar, as always, doesnt appear until we actually get some donations confirmed from paypal

actually... no, because you said it, there will be no progress bar anti
    NONE
    AND ITS YOUR FAULT.
    q_q

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Trolling keeps my day busy at work so i definintly will donate to the cause. We might solve world hunger with this one!!! The FFXIV Forums keep me entertained. Keep up the good work trollers!

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I still think Sono is making a mistake by not going with my "Gimme Five Bux Or You're Banned" campaign

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Chipped in $10. I'd donate more, but I'm currently buying an engagement ring that is making me very poor this year, heh.

Here's to another year

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You'll shutup and take my money come Friday, maybe at the end of the month depending on how the turn-of-the-year fuckery goes with my insurance.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'll chip in my 5-10 dollars when I get paid on Friday.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I never got my kraken club from last year. Also, after payday, you can expect the usual lump sum from me.
    Ill try to message the guy who was supposed to send it out, but he kinda vanished from BG

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    Ill try to message the guy who was supposed to send it out, but he kinda vanished from BG
    oh man it's been awhile since we've had a good trade scam drama on BG

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast