+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

It's the canadian-sister site of Coastal Contacts, both are owned under Coastal which itself is out of BC like you mentioned.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Got the final word back from the eye exam site.

Denied
    How is it even possible to be denied from practically every form of social program and low-income assistance out there? I'm not exactly well off myself, but you're basically homeless. Something does not compute at all.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Got the final word back from the eye exam site.

Denied
    Do you think it's because while you have no income except I'm assuming what you get for school through pell, you can't claim any of the housing/electric/utility bills because none of it's in your name? The woman I mentioned before was approved for $140/month food stamps in less than a week and while filling out her application, it basically amounted to "I have no income, my bills amount to $700 a month and a parent is currently paying them out of state". Seems almost like the ideal situation would be doing well enough in school to get a grant/scholarship or, if it's an option with any family, ask that they might pay for you to live on campus such that you at least incur bills in your own name and can take advantage of the fact that you not being able to find work or have an income is affecting you to the point of needing assistance.

It just seems like you've fallen into a really shitty spot that says "you're being paid to go to school and aren't liable for any other bills so you don't qualify for assistance" when the reality is much different. I'd think regardless, unless you've already been down this road, is to try and setup a meeting with someone at DCF (aside from the usual stuff they also handle food stamps and other benefit programs) to see if they have any advice or can actually do anything for you. I don't know how or if your uncle complicates any of that, though.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Pretty much hit the nail on the head w/ that one

you're being paid to go to school and aren't liable for any other bills so you don't qualify for assistance
    Pretty much what it amounts to, though I didn't get any aid last semester (getting aid this semester though). Didn't qualify for it for w/e reason for fall, they wouldn't even let me take out a loan, which was going to be one of my last resorts. (Thankfully, grandma chipped in).

As far as campus goes, it's a community college, so there's no dorms here.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

just got back from the gym to see my glasses came in today. i put them on and got angry cause it felt like bifocals, but then i realized i need to bend the frames a little to focus it. these are perfect. took a pic but excuse the shitty quality and grunginess

also changing title

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Mannoroth

I thought you were a horse.

CS: SPC, yeah?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Yezzir (gibbs and clearwater campuses)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Mannoroth

Ah. Was wondering, had a friend who was considering going there. I'm at HCC myself over in Tampa. (Dale Mabry/Ybor)

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

these were Joseph Marc Brown/Green

I got a few more but two of them haven't yet arrived.

Came with a hard case, soft case, lens cloth and repair kit, plus a coupon for each pair to give to a friend to use. Not a bad deal for $6.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

PS I'll give one of the coupons to someone who amuses me.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

sera, just make a new account and use it yourself. backup glasses are the shit. i'm doing it when i get a little spending money. i had to spend $20 to get compressed frames, worth every penny.

i say use it yourself because anyone here can just use the promo in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Draygon View Post
    I thought you were a horse.
    the horse god takes many forms.

Don't think the FIRSTPAIRFREECA code works on clearlycontacts.ca anymore.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

balls, I was afraid of that. Sera had the idea of a US friend acting as a go-between, can't think of what else y'all could try.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    sera, just make a new account and use it yourself. backup glasses are the shit. i'm doing it when i get a little spending money. i had to spend $20 to get compressed frames, worth every penny.

i say use it yourself because anyone here can just use the promo in the thread.

the horse god takes many forms.
    derpy derp, I bought like 5 pairs at 5-6$ per pair. I'm good on glasses and backup glasses for now, and that also means I have 5 coupons. I can afford to share one or two. The coupons I think MAY work for a canadian, which is why I wanted to share one, as there doesn't seem to be a restriction or stipulation written on the coupon code. I think the coupon code also works on pairs that the FIRSTPAIRFREE code may not have worked on.

But again, someone has to amuse me.

I'd test one of those codes for you. However, as a Canadian, I am inherently boring and wholly non-amusing.

(Self-deprecation is amusing, right?)

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanMeow View Post
    I'd test one of those codes for you. However, as a Canadian, I am inherently boring and wholly non-amusing.

(Self-deprecation is amusing, right?)
    Keep trying!

edit: or don't! Shiro tested and my coups don't work for canucks. Sorry Canadabros!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    just got back from the gym to see my glasses came in today. i put them on and got angry cause it felt like bifocals, but then i realized i need to bend the frames a little to focus it. these are perfect. took a pic but excuse the shitty quality and grunginess

also changing title
    i got the same ones lol

thanks again @sath and sera for the heads up! :D

i owe you guys

i've gotten 3/4 so far under 30 bucks

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/4...1306222167.jpg

its hard to get a pic without glare, and the webcam didnt help, but here is 1 of my pairs. its a woman's oscar de le renta, and i love it. its comfy as hell and i busted it out during a lecture today.
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6494/img0607jt.jpg

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Lol it's only 5 bucks, just gonna order a pair and see if the vision is better than my non glasses vision

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

honestly why don't you just print out an eye test and give yourself a test

http://www.aao.org/eyecare/tmp/Home-Eye-Test.cfm

http://www.ehow.com/how_4597007_give-vision-test.html

http://www.thirdeyehealth.com/eye-test.html

http://motherboard.vice.com/2010/7/8...ll-phone-video

One of those is bound to work. I didn't have any of the other measurements it asked for btw, I only knew I was -1.25 in each eye and mine work just fine.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Because of this site, i laugh at people who spend $500 on a designer frame then bitch when they sit on them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast