Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Avatars are also listed in zones where mobs use Astral Flow(Kirin). Maybe on of the mobs calls an Avatar and uses Flow on everyone(would be funny if like Paramount Botulus summons Odin to Zantetsuken you)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm having a difficult time assembling a group of people to tackle this event. We've done it as an ls 4 times and have wiped in the hall of An, first wave, every time. No, we don't have nabs. We have no less than 17 Relics in the ls with 2 of those being Aegis Pld's. I've done Einherjar for years, getting 5/5 Shadow set and my eyepatch. What I am seeing though, is that Abyssea and yes, even Voidwatch, has softened alot of people. Seems to me that people in today's ffxi expect a mob to roll over after a couple WS's or Nukes go off and a chest to magically appear. Crying fowl because there's actually new content without any atmas, staggers, or temp items, OH MY!!
    What I'd like to do is get a group of 36, which I have already, get em pumped, and get them to follow a strategy to clear these. What I lack is a strategy for the Hall of AN that is virtually fool proof. We've done the Pld's holding Jormy and aspid while DD's zerg KB, but that didn't go too well. Pld holding Aspid was killed right away. Stoned, etc. We've done the Pld's holding Jormy and KB while DD's SC for the Blm's on Aspid. That worked better, but we still lost on KB. Now, before morale goes to hell, can someone with some success offer me any advice please?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lol

Seems like your problem is with KB.

Spam dispel on it's spikes and it won't cast meteor lol.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thank you. Is there any particular order in which to kill? Alliance build, Etc?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not sure exactly how the spikes thing works but it definitely doesn't prevent him from casting since we've had him cast a couple of seconds after spikes being dispelled. In my experience it prevents him from 'chain-nuking' which I've seen him do and also means he's less likely to use other more annoying TP moves.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The turtle is just annoying as hell. There's no way any job can keep hate off BLMs due to it's retarded PDT/Defence. Our initial theory was that after behemoth is dead the turtle will take ~double magic damage, certainly seemed that way to us anyway but it's just speculation on our part since we've only done it once.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dont think thats the case. My super gimp blm mule (few +2 af3 pieces, HQ elemental staff, AH gear across the board) was doing 2k+ normal nukes. botosi, another really gimp blm (jk), was able to sneak in a few magic bursts of 4k+. Turtle is EXTREMELY easy to nuke and kite as long as blm have a form of erase and stona (cor/whm for rolls and stuff). If you are running with 36 its super easy. 8-9 blm to burn it down while you have 2 sams sc on it for magic bursts when it stops to cast. As noted before, a lot of the AOEs have reduced range so you can easily outrun a lot of the tp moves of the turtle.

With 36 people you can have your parties of blm nuking down turtle, party of ranged DD (relic rngs are best) to pluck away at wyrm, and your DD parties to fight behemoth all at once if you dont want to hold mobs.

As for holding the mobs, a pld whm rdm group can hold anything just fine. This isnt abyssea or vwnm, so your pld will need some sort of support, especially on T2.

Anyways, right now its seems for 18 man groups best to just spam wins (first wave kills) for boss chamber runs until they adjust the hp.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only runs we did (2 total) we entered with 18 and 21 so taking 8-9 BLM's wasn't really an option. Holding the turtle was fine solo until he randomly decided to hit me for 750+ through a shield block (reprisal fired so definitely blocked) when previously he hit for 70-100. I have no idea if this was a glitch or not.

He did seem to hit progressively harder but holding with Ochain is so fucking monotonous, it's hard to notice if anything triggers it.

Alkimi was dropping some huge nukes on him (I seem to recall 5-6k+ being mentioned) but we only had like 4 BLM's or something. I think bad positioning left them with a shitty kiting path on the original try. Then on the second try we didn't kite it so yeah.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

LS I'm in doesn't have the people in it anymore to do this. We tried and got a strategy to test for An.
    3 pt: PLD, WHM, BRD, SMN and 2 DD's to make Light and Dark
    3 pt: pure magic dmg. BLM's everywhere, some sch's, cor's, brd's or w/e to give MP, weather, emnity- or w/e else.

Try it out, some notes
    use smaller nukes to stay off the top of the hate list for as long as possible; when hate get's random go big and all mages enmity douse.
    make sure some DD can make skillchain while wyrm is in the air
    1 tank party and 1 blm party per mob, kill all 3 at the same time and if one finishes earlier, they just help whoever needs help more.
    do not feed tp; should already be obvious from the setup.

I wouldn't use SAM's to SC on turtle, it's a pain if you're kite nuking. Use your CORs instead.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably easier with cors. the bonus to magic bursting from sengikori speeds it up a lot though.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm considering all of the above. My ls has the members, it has the Aegis's, the Ochain's, the WF cors, and certainly the Blm's. Holding 2 while doing 1 at a time might be better and faster in the long run; even kiting Aspid.

King chamber, this is what I think would work best

DD DD DD COR BRD WHM
    PLD Anni_Yoichi/SAM SMN BRD WHM SCH
    COR BLM BLM BLM BLM BRD_RDM

Or some variation with parties, swaps and whatnot.

The first wave is pretty easy, DD party can kill the behemoth on 36p in under 3m easily, and make the wyrm fly before turtle is dead, so I imagine 18p would not only be faster, but the wyrm would be closer to flying and turtle closer to dead.

PLD and RNG work away on the Wyrm, put it in the air, shift a couple BLM's over to MB the SC's/free nuke it down, kill it, shift back to turtle if not dead. COR's do rolls and SC on the turtle.

Second wave, not sure. I tested the Yibelgan's defense, and it didn't seem too buff. The behemoth puts cursed spikes up so that's obviously a problem. The turtle is nasty. If anything, I would probably try to immediately kite/nuke the turtle and destroy the Yibelgan with your DD's and RNG's. This needs to happen quickly so the BLM's have room to kite, just like the first wave. The entire group would be busy as shit for 30m in an 18p, which is the inherent problem in 36p because you simply won't find 36 self motivated, educated people who know what their role is and do it at all times. Standing around isn't really an option.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We have 2 alliances Churchill, and if someone's "Standing around" it's pretty obvious. Everyone has a role. KB's meteor has been our problem, as well as a suitable kite path for Aspid if KB and jormy being held by pld's. I think holding aspid first and killing KB instead may not be the way to go as Aspid hits really really hard, even on a capped -pdt Galka Pld. Not sure on this though as our first attempt on this strat was fail because galka pld died way too fast. I'd consider PD'ing KB, but would rather save PD for second or last wave

Okay, well you ignored what I said and focused on an irrelevant portion of what I presented.

36p means double the parties, it's that simple.

Saying to kill turtle first is great, but what do your DDs do? They don't actually hurt the turtle, so they are fairly and 100% worthless on it. Then the wyrm flies, so again, worthless, what can they be doing? Oh right, killing KB in 3m or less, then shifting to the wyrm.

Tanking the turtle? Why? It moves slow, kite/nuke, win. You can always just dispel KB, he doesn't meteor without spikes up. I thought this was common knowledge for anyone reading this thread.

The question isn't how to kill wave 1, that's easy.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok, so tank Jormy only and have DD's and Rdm's on KB while Blm's kite kill aspid, got it. Have 1-2 Emp/Relic Rng's on Jormy with the Pld as well?

I'd go with Relic or it doesn't work as well unless someone is there to take their hate. Spam Coronarch, wait for DD's, make it fly, do SC's while stealing a few BLM's, land, DD's kill. Turtle will most probably still be alive with 36p HP levels but very close to dead.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

kk, I think I got it. Means I'll be on Blm then.. I'll have 15 heavy DD's and 2 Rdm's on KB while 8 Blm's are on Aspid then. Aegis/Ochain Pld and 1 Relic Rng on Jormy. Did I miss anything? Also, same strat on 2nd wave should be good? Or should I mix it up a tad?

15 DDs is too many DD's and not enough support.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

8 Blm's, 2 Rdm's, 6 Whm's, 4 Cor's, 1 Aegis/Ochain Pld, 1 Brd would leave 14 DD's total, including the Rng