Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Doesn't seem to be a timer in place on test server. Wish they'd implement the gameshark NPC/commands already, this can't be done as lowman group for testing.

NMs possibly don't regen also. Staring at something we wiped too here and it's at 95% still.

Killed an Auspicious Entity (Elemental) via some nukes. Non-agressive mob, just wanders even when attacked, gave only the killer a temp: Fanatic's Powder.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    yep. yilbegan/anguis are prolly classified as Zilants.

never knew about that Varanus thing. how long has it been there? does it look anything like the Gyves in Lilith BC? or identical? cos if its different i'm gonna have to find it and thats gonna be a bitch
    Varanus don't look like Lilith's gyres but they do essentially the same thing.

Poison and amnesia are what they do iirc but they're weak and die in one nuke.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Doesn't seem to be a timer in place on test server. Wish they'd implement the gameshark NPC/commands already, this can't be done as lowman group for testing..
    But it was designed to enter with only 3.. seems odd they would put a requirement of number of people entering and make it that low if you couldn't accomplish something lowman

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My thinking is minimum is 3 per alliance, since you can have up to 36 people. Could have one ally of 18, then an extra group of 3 if high attendance.

Also, fun note. The mobs can spawn right where you get ported to from the lobby, so make sure you use the 4min you're allowed in the lobby to fully buff. They also seem to have really long aggro distance. 20'ish? Seemed impossible to keep them away even if saccing them away from the group.

Atma Weapon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zadora Madruk
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I thought they only set it that low in order to get in with the low number of people on the test server.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So far they have specified if they made the test server a special lower amount. Like for example nyzle isle was reduced to 1 for soloers

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not like you could do shit solo in Nyzul v2. NMs take forever to kill.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Plus if you got lamps you were SOL lol

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Varanus don't look like Lilith's gyres but they do essentially the same thing.

Poison and amnesia are what they do iirc but they're weak and die in one nuke.
    Crapshoot. The FFXI bestiary zoologist in me wants to track down where it's dat is. I believe I've seen it before but now I hope I can find it again to add to my list

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

http://bg-wiki.com/bg/Varanus

sum of my experiences with them in flux7; the trigger for the aura is weird (much like Anguis') and they spawn on the primary target of Chilling Roar

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So is this just beating up more NMs? Is there anything different to it?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

First test run - you trade Legion Tome -> transport to Maquette Abdhaljs-Legion (setup room).

Then you click on Legion Portal -> Teleport to Hall of Skies -> go to Horutoru like hall -> 30 minutes to complete the battle -> 3 mobs pop-up:
    - Soaring Vampyr
    - Soaring Corse
    - Soaring Dvergr

Mobs hit for 350-500 dmg (NIN AF3 5/5 + Kannagi 99)

Normal hits: 21-60 dmg / crits 107 - mobs seem to have A LOT of hp.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by huckster View Post
    3 mobs pop-up:
    - Soaring Vampyr
    - Soaring Corse
    - Soaring Dvergr
    Are they separated sufficiently such that you don't need to fight all three at once? Any shared hate mechanics? Do they roam the area and aggro? Just wondering how this plays out.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by huckster View Post
    go to Horutoru like hall
    So what zone does this take place in?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    So what zone does this take place in?
    Zone is called Abdhaljs-Legion or something like that. Zone isn't searchable on the test server, nor appears on the area list, but will show as 'Legion' if you see a player that happens to be in it. It's just a recycling of the Horutoto tile-set since god knows this game has no budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Are they separated sufficiently such that you don't need to fight all three at once? Any shared hate mechanics? Do they roam the area and aggro? Just wondering how this plays out.
    Random spawn locations. We've had one spawn right on top of us after we exited the lobby, and then the other two were close enough with their enormous aggro distance to tag along also.

It really feels like an event where you want three groups killing them all at once since you'd be wasting potential power having a dedicated sac puller. Seem to have alliance hate or something also as we couldn't keep one away from our group when we tried to sac it far away.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Zone is called Abdhaljs-Legion or something like that. Zone isn't searchable on the test server, nor appears on the area list, but will show as 'Legion' if you see a player that happens to be in it. It's just a recycling of the Horutoto tile-set since god knows this game has no budget.

Random spawn locations. We've had one spawn right on top of us after we exited the lobby, and then the other two were close enough with their enormous aggro distance to tag along also.

It really feels like an event where you want three groups killing them all at once since you'd be wasting potential power having a dedicated sac puller. Seem to have alliance hate or something also as we couldn't keep one away from our group when we tried to sac it far away.
    I thought that they were just renaming "The Last Stand", a zone which has been in the game since at least RotZ or not the original game.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Would be nice if someone with some dat-finding knowledge would see if Legion did replace the Last Stand zone dat, or if it's a new one. SE typically reserved the Last Stand zone for battle testing no?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'm curious with that concept art released in.. September..?, that displayed Kaggen, Ig-alima, one of the concept art was what appeared to be a new zone with a giant crystal, and crystals spouting out of the ground.. looked cool and >_> I wonder will ever become of that, I was half expecting that to be something tied in with Legion, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Unless the zone is still in development and these Inner Horototo Ruin chambers are just place holder areas to fight these mobs in for now, and that will be the final end product.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...%93-March-2012

Concept pic under February. The pics in that post entirely feel thrown in at random, so I'm unsure as to what they'll actually use it for. Doesn't seem appropriate for the dungeon crawl system, and I wouldn't put it past SE budgeting a new zone for the VW finale. Would be a nice chance of location for Legion though over the boringness that is a single large-room tile from the Horutoto zone used for all of the halls.

[EDIT] Another tiny concept pic of it here also - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ing-April-2011

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Damn Shien beat me to it.

What happened the crystal battlefield?