FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://cdn.bluegartr.com/wiki/c/c5/I...-20-2011_0.jpg

I save these things for a reason...

The Last Stand, aka Legion was originally scheduled to be on the test server in December. The zone with the Crystal is probably the Dungeon Crawl system which was scheduled to be put on the test server in February.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Last Stand, aka Legion was originally scheduled to be on the test server in December. The zone with the Crystal is probably the Dungeon Crawl system which was scheduled to be put on the test server in February.
    Just like Voidwatch Ch.3 Pt.2 and Ch.4 Pt.1 should be on the test server now right? THey shouldn't have to delay this shit if they, y'know, released a viable distribution system in the first place.

I recall someone on the official forums arguing that the reason they didn't want a community pool is because, technically, one player could walk away with 90-ish items. Except the logic fail is that if you had 18 people, and spammed a fight, with an option to add to the community pool, you'd need to do maybe 30 fights max, with the same group, to cap everyone on drops. Can only hold so many R/E items at a time yo.

God forbid SE thinking the playerbase could work together to maximise loot.

OR DID THEY!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I'm curious with that concept art released in.. September..?, that displayed Kaggen, Ig-alima, one of the concept art was what appeared to be a new zone with a giant crystal, and crystals spouting out of the ground.. looked cool and >_> I wonder will ever become of that, I was half expecting that to be something tied in with Legion, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Unless the zone is still in development and these Inner Horototo Ruin chambers are just place holder areas to fight these mobs in for now, and that will be the final end product.
    I've always kind of assumed there'll be some final voidwatch alliance BC (kind of like Shinryu was for Abyssea) since they'd tried to introduce a vague (and crap) storyline to it - and that that crystally BC would be the zone for the Mega Jabba The Rex's Slightly Gnarly And Even Slimier Evil Cousin.

May be the cynic in me but I can't see SE adding tier after tier of VW without some final zomg fight that requires you have cleared every single one prior to it (and with content you won't reasonably be able to miss out on because we know they like to force you to jump through every single hoop they've put in the entire game - Pankration I'm looking at YOU).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aemora View Post
    Just like Voidwatch Ch.3 Pt.2 and Ch.4 Pt.1 should be on the test server now right? THey shouldn't have to delay this shit if they, y'know, released a viable distribution system in the first place.
    I recall them saying that there might be a delay of one month actually.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wonder how many people are up to date with current content and just paying monthly subscription waiting out next update.

Aside from Spamming 300 stones in 3 weeks trying to get 2 pieces of gear which really do nothing outside of alleviate an inventory slot (Mekira) and is slightly better than what I have (Ace's), I'm doing Assaults and Salvage.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Zone is called Abdhaljs-Legion or something like that. Zone isn't searchable on the test server, nor appears on the area list, but will show as 'Legion' if you see a player that happens to be in it. It's just a recycling of the Horutoto tile-set since god knows this game has no budget.
    Really? Haha. Yep it sounds like they used the ancient battle testing area that's been in the game since it was released. I didn't think they would use such a boring place but nope! If it's that same zone it would be really simple square rooms, a large one with just one or two pedastal platform things. Then a middle sized room. Then a small room. None of which connect.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone get any legion points or see any list of items that can be traded for said points?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    I wonder how many people are up to date with current content and just paying monthly subscription waiting out next update.
    The number of people who are is probably much smaller then one would think. I don't think I know anyone in my LS or friend list that is caught up with absolutely everything. Can't speak for anything else of course.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    Bullshit droprate aside, I've done all of VW & WoE. Granted I feel I'm in the minority on that one, but it's honestly a paltry amount of content assuming you are in groups that are capable of killing these NMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Anyone get any legion points or see any list of items that can be traded for said points?
    None of the NPCs gave me an option to check my points or items to trade for, so I suspect it's not implemented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Really? Haha. Yep it sounds like they used the ancient battle testing area that's been in the game since it was released. I didn't think they would use such a boring place but nope! If it's that same zone it would be really simple square rooms, a large one with just one or two pedastal platform things. Then a middle sized room. Then a small room. None of which connect.
    All I've seen is the tile infamously known for Mordion Gaol, and the generic large pillared room. No clue if the fourth hall (which is inaccessible until you beat the current three halls) is the same or uses that one large room The Last Stand was known to have.

Took a couple pics of it all, really isn't that much to see.
    Spoiler: show

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...XI/legion1.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...XI/legion2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...XI/legion3.jpg
    Apparently siccing my Carbuncle on the Dvergr made the corse in the rear link onto me mere moments later.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yep that's almost certainly the old battle test zone. Here's what the zone should look like as a whole, pretty basic.

http://www.bluegartr.com/2.bp.blogsp...2BOverhead.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rK8HOFAmWB...d+Overhead.jpg

The map is facing north/up south/down. So you could deduce which room is which by matching the room with the pillar positions and the compass direction. The new WoE reskin zone better be cool yeesh.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cmon guys...who cares what the zone itself looks like. The goal of Legion is to kill as much as possible in 30 minutes, not admire the scenery . Just my perspective.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

scenery wont matter when you have like over 9000 people on your screen going all over the fucking place when you're trying to coordinate shit properly

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

einherjar 2 pretty much.

theres nothing to see in Hazhalm either.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    There were three sets of gear that looked similar to old purchasable with points gear sets, so I suspect it might be those, especially as they didn't get added in the last update.

THIS IS NOT VERIFIED
    Set Bonus Set 1 (likely no partial scaling on set bonus):
    Head: Attack+15 Haste+4% STR+7 Set: Haste+6%
    Body: STR+10 DEX+8 Attack+10 Accuracy+10 Crit Rate+3% Set: Haste+6%
    Hands: DEX+6 Attack+15 Haste+3% Set: Haste+6%
    Legs: DEX+7 AGI+7 Attack+10 Evasion+5 Haste+2% Set: Haste+6%
    Feet: STR+8 DEX+5 Enmity+4 Set: Haste+6%
    96 WAR PLD DRK BST DRG

Head: STR+5 DEX+5 MND+5 Attack+10 Haste+5% Set: Crit Rate +5%
    Body: DEX+6 AGI+6 MND+6 Acc+10 R.acc+10 Evasion+10 Haste+4% Set: Crit Rate +5%
    Hands: STR+5 DEX+5 AGI+5 Double Attack+3% Set: Crit Rate +5%
    Legs: STR+5 DEX+5 Store TP+5 Haste+3% Set: Crit Rate +5%
    Feet: DEX+6 AGI+6 Evasion+5 Haste+2% Subtle Blow+5 Set: Crit Rate+5%
    96 MNK RNG SAM NIN THF COR PUP DNC

Head: HP+30 STR+5 INT+8 MND+8 M.acc+3 Set: M.acc+5
    Body: HP+40 MP+40 INT+10 MND+10 CHR+10 Cure Potency+5% MAB+5 Set: M.acc+5
    Hands: MP+30 M.acc+7 Fast Cast+2 Enmity-4 Set: M.acc+5
    Legs: INT+8 CHR+8 Summoning+6 MAB+3 Enmity-5 Set: M.acc+5
    Feet: HP+25 MP+25 MND+9 CHR+9 MDB+5 Enmity-7 Set: M.acc+5
    96 WHM BLM RDM BLU SMN BRD SCH

THIS IS NOT VERIFIED

I hope not that looks garbage as fuck

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

idk some of it looks decent especially if you don't have VW stuff especially considering it's just point bought stuff

I can't find another piece of gear to consider using on any job aside from the WAR body for Ukko's, and that's without doing any math. The second set has the look and the feel of the new pink.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I can't find another piece of gear to consider using on any job aside from the WAR body for Ukko's, and that's without doing any math. The second set has the look and the feel of the new pink.
    I think that's exactly the point. Teal/Aurore/Perle were bought with points, and were inferior to the "good" gear that came from NMs.

This isn't any different.

Einherjar point items also weren't particularly good, to compare to a similar system.

And there are useful items in there.

The body on the second set is pretty boss for eva tanking. 4 haste and 13 evasion. (and acc and random other crap)

Mage hands are best for fast cast, I think. Nebula +1 was supposed to only have 1 Fast Cast on it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

the light armour feet is a pretty decent set of shoes for an evasion set it looks like. I don't know if you can manage more though.