BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Nattack View Post
    the light armour feet is a pretty decent set of shoes for an evasion set it looks like. I don't know if you can manage more though.
    Athos's feet are straight up superior (3 haste 10 agi 5 evasion) unless you *reallly* love Subtle Blow, but they're decent if you don't have those.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well yeah but for those of us without all the higher VW drops... i mean I still see thfs in pink lol. Even ones with Th7...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well yeah but for those of us without all the higher VW drops... i mean I still see thfs in pink lol. Even ones with Th7...
    token poking thief, even when they're useless, they're sorta useful. but only sorta.

Unless I misinterpreted though, SE said Legion gear bought with points and dropped were going to be the same...which...yep.

No it's not gonna be to same. Was posted somewhere.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    Einherjar point items also weren't particularly good, to compare to a similar system.
    Umm...

http://cdn.bluegartr.com/wiki/4/4b/M...escription.png

http://cdn.bluegartr.com/wiki/1/17/A...escription.png

http://cdn.bluegartr.com/wiki/f/fe/G...escription.png

Before the cap was raised, they were some of the best pieces that mages could equip in those slots. Atum still wears his Morgana's Choker for the sexy, sexy MP.

And a general thing about the Legion point items, on the legion announcement they stated:

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein
    *Equipment rewards currently implemented on the test server are placeholders and do not reflect the rewards that will be obtainable in the release version.
    So we potentially could get better rewards. Or we could get something much, much worse. lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd say some of the almost best peices. Except on a few jobs that couldn't wear the better stuff and actually really wanted those stats back then.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Before the cap was raised, they were some of the best pieces that mages could equip in those slots. Atum still wears his Morgana's Choker for the sexy, sexy MP.
    And some of the pieces in that set (the hands in the mage set, the body in the light armor set, body in the heavy armor set for crit WS) are the best pieces to equip in those slots for certain uses.

So I'd say the comparison was pretty apt.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by damet View Post
    No it's not gonna be to same. Was posted somewhere.
    Even if a player fails to obtain an item through lotting, that player accumulates Legion points with each run, which will allow the player to possibly trade for the item.
    Maybe I fail at reading comprehension but how can that be interpreted as anything but the same item? Although I guess there is always the disclaimer of 'possibly'.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    And some of the pieces in that set (the hands in the mage set, the body in the light armor set, body in the heavy armor set for crit WS) are the best pieces to equip in those slots for certain uses.

So I'd say the comparison was pretty apt.
    You said "Einherjar point items also weren't particularly good". Some of them were quite nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Maybe I fail at reading comprehension but how can that be interpreted as anything but the same item? Although I guess there is always the disclaimer of 'possibly'.
    Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    Alrighty, I have a couple answers to some questions I am seeing in this thread.

Dropped items/point items

The items you can receive via drops will differ from those that you can obtain by exchanging Legion points. Apologies if it was misconstrued from previous posts that they would be the same items. Essentially even if you lose a lotting battle to obtain an item, by participating in the battle and saving up points you can get a reward.

Cool down timer for re-entry
    There is actually no cool down timer and as long as the area is free and you are in possession of the key-item needed to enter, you can repeat this content again and again.

Also, in regards to the specific questions on point acquisition, I am still checking with the development team and should have an answer pretty soon.
    Dreams crushed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You said "Einherjar point items also weren't particularly good". Some of them were quite nice though.
    I meant AVG{} not CEIL{}.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

So.. is this book thing perma or are we gonna flood the NPCs pockets with 360k each time we wanna go and do this?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    So.. is this book thing perma or are we gonna flood the NPCs pockets with 360k each time we wanna go and do this?
    Sounds like each time. Game needs a gil sink right now.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dreams crushed.
    Also seems like they are desperate to take gil out of the economy by having no cooldown on the event. Can't wait for the 1% drop-rates.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Sounds like each time. Game needs a gil sink right now.
    Meh, gives me something to spend gil on other then random currency that lands me a relic without paying attention.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

That doesn't make much sense really. The economy is fairly reaching a stable equilibrium now. It's just a different kind of stability than before. Adding a gil sink just ensures that cruor burns will continue.

If Joe Farmer wants to make some gil, he can choose between a variety of old content options (Dynamis, Salvage, Limbus, etc.), new content options (Walk of Echoes, Voidwatch), or he can cruor burn. The only option that adds gil to the economy en-mass is cruor burning. The more gil that is added to the economy, the lower the value of gil becomes and the higher the value of currency becomes. As currency prices get higher, it makes sense to farm them instead of cruor burning. Eventually Cruor burning wouldn't even be a good way to make money, because its income in gil/hr is relatively fixed (by NPC prices) while currency prices are variable and capable of far surpassing it.

Right now when I go to make gil, I think:
    * Dynamis - Sometimes competition, but I can make north of 1mil/hr without that much difficulty. Lasts two hours.
    * Salvage - No competition, but 500-700k/hr. Lasts about an hour and a half.
    * Limbus - Hardly competition, 500-700k/hr and not much of a time commitment (30-60 minutes?).
    * Cruor farming - Probably 2 hours to set up the alliance, get lights, and start killing. Then you'll cap out at ~500k/hr/character.

Cruor farming has the highest time commitment/annoyance factor but a moderate/nice return with two characters at the moment. Still, we don't even need further inflation to push me two the first three events. They're more fun, smaller time commitments, and less annoyance overall. Generally I'm choosing which one or two events I will do on any given night. I don't have time to set up and really get something out of cruor farming.

Well, if you wanted to, you could make 16 extra characters, 1 THF and 15 WHMs in addition to what you have and make back the RL money you're spending paying for those 18 characters in 2h, after that it's pure gils.

With 3 Characters, 5h Cruor farming is ~6.5m. If I can go afk, even better lol. I don't really do it, but for the amount of actual work it requires (usually) it isn't bad. (18 characters for 5h is 39,600,000g@200k/h)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Dreams crushed.
    How did I miss this..... sad day well thanks for clearing that up

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Well, if you wanted to, you could make 16 extra characters, 1 THF and 15 WHMs in addition to what you have and make back the RL money you're spending paying for those 18 characters in 2h, after that it's pure gils.

With 3 Characters, 5h Cruor farming is ~6.5m. If I can go afk, even better lol. I don't really do it, but for the amount of actual work it requires (usually) it isn't bad. (18 characters for 5h is 39,600,000g@200k/h)
    On our server, someone made (at least six) mules and named them cruormulenum (e.g. cruormulefour), and guess what he does with them? I haven't done a cruor burn in a while since I haven't really needed gil for anything recently, but yes, they are the easiest way to make money in my opinion.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

edit. read the rest of the fucking thread before you reply shagg...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast