Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I'll take a look at it later
    Much appreciated.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Streamlined? They are more accurate than they were, but full break's defense down still does not land on Bismarck.

Angon will, and shoha might.
    Streamlined, as in evenly accurate across the board, pending elemental resistance.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Curious as to the accuracy of Metatron Torment while we're on the topic of debuffs attached to weaponskills.
    Somebody posted some info on this back around the time that Metatron's aftermath was quantified. I think it was Sirahin (sp?); best I can recall it's more like Full Break as opposed to a newer high-accuracy debuff WS.

EDIT: I was close! http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/835...ment-Aftermath

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Somebody posted some info on this back around the time that Metatron's aftermath was quantified. I think it was Sirahin (sp?); best I can recall it's more like Full Break as opposed to a newer high-accuracy debuff WS.

EDIT: I was close! http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/835...ment-Aftermath
    Yeah, I remember that thread but that was 2010 and SE has been messing with values behind the scenes for other weaponskills so I wanted to see if perhaps Metatron was touched.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

99 Vere MNK did pretty well in Hall of Im. Was doing 5k VS and shit and parsed first but like I said, DDs were getting Chaos/Fighters/Samurai/Rogue rolls so the MNK had like 47% crit which is pretty sweet for MNK. Also hundredfists+enfire seemed to be pretty boss. Speaking of enfire, the enspell damage added about 25k when you add up all the enspell damage from all the melees in 30min.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

MNK is acceptable in Im, considering a lot of the mobs there have blunt weakness. Hundred fists does nothing besides a tp set adjustment, assuming you were all embrava+hasted.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    99 Vere MNK did pretty well in Hall of Im. Was doing 5k VS and shit and parsed first but like I said, DDs were getting Chaos/Fighters/Samurai/Rogue rolls so the MNK had like 47% crit which is pretty sweet for MNK. Also hundredfists+enfire seemed to be pretty boss. Speaking of enfire, the enspell damage added about 25k when you add up all the enspell damage from all the melees in 30min.
    +16% crit rate and +21% crit dmg during impetus, and ~15% more for victory smite ( so 75% crit rate, abyssea like). Hundred fist is extremely underwhelming now that magic haste caps your delay; you can slightly upgrade it by equipping multi attack gears but lets say it, mnk 2h sucks balls. I wish they changed it to 100% double attack rate or something simlar.

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    +16% crit rate and +21% crit dmg during impetus, and ~15% more for victory smite ( so 75% crit rate, abyssea like). Hundred fist is extremely underwhelming now that magic haste caps your delay; you can slightly upgrade it by equipping multi attack gears but lets say it, mnk 2h sucks balls. I wish they changed it to 100% double attack rate or something simlar.
    I understand your sentiment in the context you put it but lets look at some of the others before we start crying that Mnk 2hr is lol

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Now no one get the wrong idea and assume I bring BLUs to Legion either, but I'd probably bring one of those before MNK too. At least we get useful enfeebles to go with our shit 1h Legion damage
    Which is totally usefull since everything is PD zerged, oh wait lol. It's not that "1h damage" sucks it's that "1h DD except monk" suck, but 2 handed DD beside WAR also suck, except if they have a mythic (all of them). Just need to use either motenten spreadsheet with fixed conditions or have a look at my mythic thread. Even with a myhtic a DRK or a DRG barely beat mnk, sam does it decently though. But as soon as you look at relic for instance their DPS is ultra fail. So if you got mythic DRG-SAM-DRK, sure, act as if you beat a monk. I've read plenty of bullshit in the relic thread when people claimed my comparison were wrong since I used a mob with low defense and low level and low agi and low vit. They completely suck on trash, they are not any better on harder content unless you purposely use more buff on 2Handed DD than other. Whenever you give chaos roll to DRG, you can give war's roll or rogue's roll to a monk, a war or a sam/war which is all the more usefull as pdif goes down, since with 21 level correction a crit is worth +102% on 1H (+93% on 2H DD) as apposed to +46% at capped pdif for 1 handed DD and +35% for a 2 handed DD. This alone exlude any DD without crit WS. Math are wrong though, always, and parsing is better.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe it's because the simple fact of the matter is that your math does not actually match what people see in practice most of the time. It's very hard to go along with the theory when your eyes show you something entirely different.

It's all well and good saying how awesome MNK is on paper but if that does not hold water in practice then people are not going to take what you say seriously. Especially if they had reservations with your initial math/conditions.

It's like me saying I'm a far better runner than my friend because of x, y and z. However whenever we race he always wins and then I turn around and say 'Ah but he has better running shoes than me plus it was windy and the race was over 5 miles, now if it had been over 5.5...'

Everyone knows your favourite job is MNK and so regardless of whether what you say is valid or not you will always come across as white knighting MNK to the detriment of other jobs because of how people view you.

I respect your math when it is done under the correct conditions but even I find it hard to take you seriously whenever you compare MNK to anything else because my head automatically screams that you're going to be biased regardless of if you are being or not. Just the same as I probably am when I have to compare DRK to other jobs.

EDIT: And I apologize, that's come across far more dickish than intended. I'm talking in general regarding your above comment as I am well aware in Legion MNK is very good with the correct conditions. (Note that I do have access to Spharai + Vere so I'm certainly not trying to be a MNK hater).

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What Jem said.

Also because you're a douche.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

my group, 2x botulus kill 1x gallu time out/wipe on 2nd gallu
    0 smns

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

How the fuck? You just stun all TP moves and enfeeble the shit out of the monsters? It didn't even look like they were auto-attacking.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

3 sch/blm stun rotation, stun every action, only problem was gallu's melee hits 1shotting in full pdt but we had arises

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Pandum View Post
    3 sch/blm stun rotation, stun every action, only problem was gallu's melee hits 1shotting in full pdt but we had arises
    Yeah what was your stun rotation? All SCH/DRKs?

edit: beaten.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

We've killed 3 mobs in wave3 many times now using the PD method. Been waiting to post a vid of 4 wave3 mobs cleared, but best was 30% on 4th(rex). But now that we know the PD nerf is coming, it's nice to know it's still possible to be successful without it; just need more real people instead of SMN mules.

High House Shadow
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Artemas Artemas
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well done.

Register to see the NSFW content

(Yugl's Edit: Use the fucking NSFW tag moron.)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

^Wow

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

wrong tag there bro

should be filed under "do not want"

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Got a question about Mul.

PLD was kiting. DDs voked the Ironclad off of him to kill it first, but the PLD got immediately killed by Death Prophet so we were forced to do our best with all of them beating on us and then wipe and try again (got the IC and Harpy mostly down before we wiped). Second attempt, PLD kiter ran in and once again got immediately DP'd. Needless to say the run didn't end well.

How do folks handle this DP-on-pull bullshit? Our revised plan now is just to try to pull them from the farthest point from the Mantis but I'm not sure how safe this is.

Thanks and sorry if this was discussed previously.