Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Our pld just casts flash on one of them and runs. They will all link so there is no need to run right up next to all of them.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Cool, sounds like our PLD just fucked up and ran way too close, then... twice.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Pandum View Post

my group, 2x botulus kill 1x gallu time out/wipe on 2nd gallu
    0 smns

Very impressive!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There was some talk about using banish over tomahawk against narakas, but I'm starting to think that's a bad idea.

The rationale behind it is that banish removes 95% or so of the resistance and tomahawk only removes 25%, but the melees were saying that it felt like it's resisting damage more. Correct me if I'm wrong, but tomahawk removes both undead damage penalty and all other -pdt (Yaksha Stance) while banish only removes undead damage penalty, right?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ihina View Post
    There was some talk about using banish over tomahawk against narakas, but I'm starting to think that's a bad idea.

The rationale behind it is that banish removes 95% or so of the resistance and tomahawk only removes 25%, but the melees were saying that it felt like it's resisting damage more. Correct me if I'm wrong, but tomahawk removes both undead damage penalty and all other -pdt (Yaksha Stance) while banish only removes undead damage penalty, right?
    Incorrect. I've tested using Excalibur on Hahava. Tomahawk only affects the slashing/piercing resistance. Yaksha PDT is completely unaffected.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hmm, I see then. Have you done further testing to see if tomahawk and banish stack or overwrite each other?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm told banish overwrites and prevents(you get a no effect msg) tomahawk on undead mobs. But I have not personally tested that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's been a while, but I vaguely recall from the old KRT mnk burns, that the special defense removal part of Banish could resist. On WHM I'd have to sometimes cast a couple banishes on the ghosts (which seemed to be more resistant than skeletons) before the mnks were seeing an increase.

Teleport-Mea Extraordinaire
    BG Level

Scaling follow-up

I know this has not been talked about in a while on this thread, but does anyone have specific numbers on the HP difference between the 18 and 36-man legion battlefields?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I can't absolutely swear to it because I can't find the link, but I'm fairly sure SE has stated that 36-man mobs have twice the HP. Also, I think I've heard they have twice the drop rates?

If that's the case, you're one party better off going with 36 than 18.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They definitely have twice the HP, per info from SE. They may or may not have twice the drop rates - info from SE indicates that the amount of "rewards" you get would be higher with the 36 man version, but is no more specific than that. So, it's likely a higher drop rate, but it may or may not be double.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

More or less a kind of follow-up to that video. Mul does not need any Summoners, if anything the SMN would be there to debuff mobs and not to PD. In fact, I find having Perfect Defenses slows you down more than it does good. Our typical setup is something like this:
    DDx4 WHM COR | RNGx3 WHM BRD COR | PLDx2 THF SCHx3

Started using a second PLD to hold the Naraka, and call out when he's in MDT stance to kill it faster to save more time. The RNGs all have either Yoichi or Anni, and properly buffed completely destroy anything inside of legion without getting hate off the DD. The SCHs take turns stunning TP moves and high tier spells, those crepe foods for magic accuracy help if you don't have the ToM staff.

Also, it's far easier to kill Botulus before Gallu, as you will not have to deal with Astral Flow if he is killed fast enough. 2 of those DD are WAR usually, and have Tomahawk maxed, so 1 of them is enough per Botulus. Needless to say, the CORs and BRD rotate during the run and keep buffs up.

The RNGs eliminate the entire "turtle up to kill and it wastes time" arguement, as they do not have to turtle up at all, and the DD will be in their hybrid build which is enough to survive and to maintain 21-26%(in WARs case) haste. We have done it this way with 2 RNGs instead of 3 before which worked as well, but only killed 3 wave 3 mobs that way on our best runs, and have been clearing 4 rather often since switching to 3 RNG. The same setup and strategy works for every other chamber just as well as it does for Mul, and is a lot faster than the old Perfect Defense one.

Edit: Note that our direct DD(not the RNGs) are not always the best of the best, and we still manage to clear that much. That strategy really relies on those RNGs, but if you have them, by all means, go for it, you will love it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The speculation on 36 man having double drop rates was from a JP SS showing an overflowing loot pool iirc.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

How good are your stunners? How often do TP moves/spells get off?

What Crepe food gives MAcc?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
    Edit: Note that our direct DD(not the RNGs) are not always the best of the best, and we still manage to clear that much. That strategy really relies on those RNGs, but if you have them, by all means, go for it, you will love it.
    What's stopping you from bringing 3 more melee DD instead of RNGs? Are mobs getting off so many TP moves that your DD need to be out of range or turtle up? What's that second WHM doing if the RNGs never take any damage?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that there are viable non-PD methods, but I'm not really following why the whole strategy relies on RNG. I'm also not seeing how skipping out on minimal effort, and in most cases mule, SMN for PD is helping any group out there that doesn't have 18 active members(7-8 chars we normally bring are mules).

As for PD method, I don't agree that it slows a group down. We've cleared 5 wave3 mobs a couple times(30% timeout on 6th one time), with 4 being very common. Granted, the method for using PD has evolved a whole lot since killing 4+ wave3 mobs became a common occurrence. We typically kill wave1 in 3min using only 1 PD at the start, wave2 in 4-6min using PD only for Naraka, then 4 PDs left for Gallu+Rex for the rest of the run.

Until the nerf, I just don't see why anyone would want to bring more characters to accomplish the same thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post

I would imagine the Chocolate Crape would have magey stats, but the Pear or Mushroom Crepes could. Or they could just suck.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

36man definitely has better droprates but i can't say if it's double or not (only done it twice)
    also getting closer to clearing 4th wave every week!
    Spoiler: show

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post

pear crepe, and its is very very rare for a tp move to go off with 3 good sch with /p stun macro

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    What's stopping you from bringing 3 more melee DD instead of RNGs? Are mobs getting off so many TP moves that your DD need to be out of range or turtle up? What's that second WHM doing if the RNGs never take any damage?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that there are viable non-PD methods, but I'm not really following why the whole strategy relies on RNG. I'm also not seeing how skipping out on minimal effort, and in most cases mule, SMN for PD is helping any group out there that doesn't have 18 active members(7-8 chars we normally bring are mules).

As for PD method, I don't agree that it slows a group down. We've cleared 5 wave3 mobs a couple times(30% timeout on 6th one time), with 4 being very common. Granted, the method for using PD has evolved a whole lot since killing 4+ wave3 mobs became a common occurrence. We typically kill wave1 in 3min using only 1 PD at the start, wave2 in 4-6min using PD only for Naraka, then 4 PDs left for Gallu+Rex for the rest of the run.

Until the nerf, I just don't see why anyone would want to bring more characters to accomplish the same thing.
    Any videos by chance? I would like to see how you're maneuvering the mob to hit each within that limit since I imagine that just moving the mobs to the DDs would cut into that 3min period (Or I'm just underestimating how fast the mobs move).

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Any videos by chance? I would like to see how you're maneuvering the mob to hit each within that limit since I imagine that just moving the mobs to the DDs would cut into that 3min period (Or I'm just underestimating how fast the mobs move).
    ive been meaning to stream the runs, we go monday again, so ill try to fix my prog and make sure everything is running ok before i do.
    o realized you were responding to ejiin not kalasin lol, but this is w/o any SMN, so i will try to stream it anyway