FFXI Server
    Asura

Nvm I'm blind

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If you were going full out in this strategy and bringing a reliable source of Def down, I don't think Amano would be the best melee weapon for SAM to be using.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How much def - is box step ? We use that too and yeah amano sam can use rcb in there. 160 str seems kinda low, 25str from boost str+ w/e minX3 give us, rest seems to be what we use.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sakura Ephemera
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Seems like your ideal DD would be KC RNG then and get rid of the SAMs. Last stand spam is going to destroy namas, and accuracy is not an issue with a good KC build (plus RNG accuracy bonus traits). And yeah, I don't get why you would ever tp with amano + yoichi. Should, at least, be using a multi-hit weapon.

Also, I thought eirene's manteel was the best stun body for SCH? Hedera will reduce recast by the same amount I believe, but eirene's also reduces cast time. Not a major improvement but might as well use it. I may be forgetting a body though.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Seems like your ideal DD would be KC RNG then and get rid of the SAMs. Last stand spam is going to destroy namas, and accuracy is not an issue with a good KC build (plus RNG accuracy bonus traits). And yeah, I don't get why you would ever tp with amano + yoichi. Should, at least, be using a multi-hit weapon.

Also, I thought eirene's manteel was the best stun body for SCH? Hedera will reduce recast by the same amount I believe, but eirene's also reduces cast time. Not a major improvement but might as well use it.
    lol that sounds fucken awful, im sorry. with many multiple 17 wins (around 10) and 1 18 win. it is easy to see that 18 is around the max you are able to do on a perfect run (wcx2 success, no death etc) we have tried many job set ups, and you can ask ccl or any of us, its pretty much maxed out there on a perfect run.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly though, I think we're focusing on the wrong part that is the main contributor of Ominia's group being so successful. It isn't their DD's, it's their support. Buffs are never down, stuns are fantastic, so is status removal and melees are always topped up so rarely die.

The DD's may be exceptional now but they didn't used to be yet their success was pretty much the same. I remember the first run I went with Ominia's group, it was a 27 kill Ki which was apparently the norm for them even though I was doing virtually double the damage of most of his normal DD's (This was like 8 months ago, I was asked to go along by a friend since they were 1 short)

It certainly isn't the caliber of the DD's that make his group so good. It helps but that isn't the main factor.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As I said before and Jem said, SUPPORT ARE AWESOME in JP land, clearly it's what NA side lack atm.

ps: byrth: we tp in hybrid set and use rcb, wich wpn would you tp in with mainly attack buff, rcb to have no accuracy trouble beside amano ?

edit:@ helel, assuming KC rng can cap accuracy and attack, any triple attack would killed them wich make it not viable for us at least.

edit2: I'm gonna assume no one did more or came close to 18 since no one posted any kill number/screenshot !

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hedera's is better for Stun recast because Haste can go up to 68.75 recast reduction for spells and Fast Cast can only go up to 50% recast reduction. Also, with Haste+Embrava the Scholars are much closer to the Haste cap than the Fast Cast cap.

Re:CCL
    With a Madrigal, probably anything.

4-hit build on the OAT should be easy, especially with Yoichi's TP return. I don't know how easy it would be on a non-AM Amano. It might even be worth eating Sushi for, depending. The TP advantage of OAT scales with DA%. With a lucky SAM roll (assumed to replace Fighter's), Amano would get pushed to a 4-hit and OAT would be a 3-hit.

40% DA (Fighter's + /WAR + Gear):
    OAT 4-hit TPs 11% faster than Amano 4-hit
    OAT 4-hit TPs 30% faster than Amano 5-hit

20% DA (/WAR + Gear):
    OAT 4-hit TPs 14.5% faster than Amano 4-hit
    OAT 4-hit TPs 37% faster than Amano 5-hit
    OAT 3-hit TPs 50% faster than Amano 4-hit

Even if you have to swap to Sushi to maintain that, it might be worth doing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm finishing my bow in a day or 2 whenever the goblin is done playing with it, I'll look into it, but I'm scared sushi might make attack to low. We do use sam roll/chaos roll/fighter/hunter when we only have 3 rng, remove sam/hunter when 4 rng.

But I'm def gonna look into it and switch to amano for both Naraka. with rcb/hunter/madX1 I cap accuracy on early wave, but I'm at like 85-89% on gallu.

But looks like Yoichi sam is common for mul on JP side since Taint said they also do that on Cerberus.

Do you guys tp in Hybrid set too ? 1 Madrigal def doesn't cap us with the set we use atm. If anything I'll use 2-4 on wave 1+2 and amano on gallu/rex if it come down to this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post

Also, I thought eirene's manteel was the best stun body for SCH? Hedera will reduce recast by the same amount I believe, but eirene's also reduces cast time. Not a major improvement but might as well use it. I may be forgetting a body though.
    what the fuck am i reading, meleeing on ranger in legion

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    394 Ratk from skill (with merits)
    ~80 Ratk from 160 STR
    8 Base
    10 from /WAR's Attack Bonus
    This puts you at a base around 500 RAtk before gear. If Legion monsters have 600 Defense (and get -20% Def), this means you need another 940 Attack from in order to cap.

232 Attack from your minuets
    ~40 from gear?
    +10% from gear (Phorcys body and Drachenhorn)

Then again, toss in the unquantified range penalty for being face to face with the monster. I'm not sure where that would put you relative to the attack cap, but it definitely means you have room for improvement.
    Doesn't change your point at all, but some minor nitpicking:

You get 62 ratt from most SAM Namas sets (30 from bow, 12 from Unkai kote +2, and 20 from Terebellum). I've seen a few use Clearview instead of a second str earring, no clue if it's actually better or not, but 4 more there if it is.

160 str is a bit conservative. A Hume would be around 170-190 off gear alone, before food, boost-str or minuet bonus.

Was there ever any confirmation on Phorcys and Drachenhorn providing ranged attack?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Did Iarumas really use his Amano over his Koga in there? Wasn't sure if DB was using Rag or Ukon but would have thought Iarumas would have used Koga. Although I guess Namas AM would fuck up Koga AM3 so makes sense.
    i was rotating mura/koga for rex/gallu respectively (using pizza, seemingly parsed 92% acc in this set, though brego gloves and nq phos since herpderp poor, and koga/pole instead of masamune/rose), though honestly, of course, having to rotate the weapon out after a mere 3-4 ws's at most after the rana really hurt my parsing capability, enough to where i ended up more or less matching the conqueror warrior's results (whom of which was using his actual tp gear here and there from what i could tell, though understandable since he seems to be one of the original members, so they know he'll use non-hybrid here and there)

but yeah, due to having to rotate repeatedly (and lose my aftermath time and time again), i eventually just began using amanomurakumo for gallu out of frustration (like you haven't heard my displeasure of mythic usage enough already), though koga may've been a slightly better choice even with the headache of reapplying aftermath every reengage of gallu, but don't take my word on that, since i was playing semi-shitty this morning, i'll admit (tired as hell, oxycontin and thorough physical pain, MMMMMMMMM)

sweet and simple, ccl's drk was about a full ~1% in front of conqwar and me (koga/murasam), which was approximately ~15k damage, and i'd like to think that was because of souleater refreshing (random deal and wild card), ignoring the fact that of course he as a player parses top-tier out of this entire server (other examples being jem and breezyy, and i'd name more but my head hurts as per usual as of late, don't mind me)

keep in mind as well that i use maximum reduction for my hybrid set too, to where after capping haste, i'm not even putting brutal on over darkness earring for example, though after seeing Ominia's shell's performance, i will openly admit to that i in fact should be going a bit lighter on the damage reduction, simply because the support - as Ccl has stated - is literally fucking flawless, enough to where i could probably drop to about ~-30% physical and still be fine, pardon my french

but yes, on-topic with kusanagi and yoichi's bow: after seeing the absolute SHEER inconvenience of being hit with amnesia (and being STUCK with it for ~40% of most rexes), being able to stand off behind that fat fucker and wail on him with namas, all while sustaining your melee hit rate via amanomurakumo so you can utilize rcb will most likely be my preferred setup after i try it out next time they go (if i'm invited and i'm around), simply because what good is murasamemaru if you can't even ws with it on the naten: pudding edition (and if the retort is stand to the side instead of the front to avoid amnesia, woohoo losing overwhelm, giving the bow all the more leway)

when i was informed about the blade and bow combination, rest assured, i was just as doubtful as the next person, but after seeing a play-through of a flawless instance of mul-legion, i have to say i'm convinced even before trying it, it's just that logical to me

*edited because i spotted a typo and i have aids

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

as good as a DD with 99 relic/mythic can be.... its all down to perfect stuns and fast buffs/rebuffs/status cure/panacea to go far, those are definately harder than just spam the WS macro

DD job in there is make sure u have the meds, the gear sets, spam the WS macro and wait for "gooo"

support is way more than that

the max i done is 3 gallu and 2 flan from a shout group.... they only bring 2 brds no cor and like 1-2 smn, stuns are near perfect tho but buffs/explanation in between waves sure kill some time ;o but its a shout afterall so its actually pretty awesome....

my weekly static has got the best weapons any legion group would want. 99 yochi/anni/rags/murasamemru/etc etc etc and we tear things fast... but the support is aweful, stuns are semi reliable, and buffs are always wrong (rng pt with 2 minuet 2 march dafuq?), cor switch pt with chaos roll 3 or 8 when snake eye is down etc, smns are dual box and only does perfect defence when times comes, whm are awful and doesnt haste or remove status cos they assume everyone uses panacea and have max haste gear with aura

sounds awful i know but its just weekly and still go to waste 3 hrs of my life :X its a JP static so i dont bother explaining shits right with them cos we all know JP is resistant to changes

all in all, support is most impt inside yo!!! give your local whm/sch/brd more credit than they deserve!!!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i'm sorry to hear that about your weekly static Arthars; as much as this may sound like a bit of a sarcastic insult at first glance, i'm dead serious

the number one thing i absolutely loathe about legion is just that it's an event that should've been around back at seventy-five and not ninety-none, honestly, because releasing it only after abyssea has absolutely ruined most players' play skill, and not only that, but a bulk of the playerbase has relic/mythic (and empyrean) syndrome still, thinking they're the shit if they have a 99 weapon when fact of the matter is it's along the lines of have a hagun or perdu voulge back at 75

so, not only do those people in particular look like shitheads naturally, but they've also naturally degeared all of their mage/support jobs as well, making it to where a majority of the game's remaining populace are not only inefficient at crucial roles, but they don't even have the shit suited up for in the first place lol

only 1-2 properly successful groups per server? SEEMS LIKE A LEGIT EVENT TO ME #squareenixlogic

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    as good as a DD with 99 relic/mythic can be.... its all down to perfect stuns and fast buffs/rebuffs/status cure/panacea to go far, those are definately harder than just spam the WS macro

DD job in there is make sure u have the meds, the gear sets, spam the WS macro and wait for "gooo"

support is way more than that

the max i done is 3 gallu and 2 flan from a shout group.... they only bring 2 brds no cor and like 1-2 smn, stuns are near perfect tho but buffs/explanation in between waves sure kill some time ;o but its a shout afterall so its actually pretty awesome....

my weekly static has got the best weapons any legion group would want. 99 yochi/anni/rags/murasamemru/etc etc etc and we tear things fast... but the support is aweful, stuns are semi reliable, and buffs are always wrong (rng pt with 2 minuet 2 march dafuq?), cor switch pt with chaos roll 3 or 8 when snake eye is down etc, smns are dual box and only does perfect defence when times comes, whm are awful and doesnt haste or remove status cos they assume everyone uses panacea and have max haste gear with aura

sounds awful i know but its just weekly and still go to waste 3 hrs of my life :X its a JP static so i dont bother explaining shits right with them cos we all know JP is resistant to changes

all in all, support is most impt inside yo!!! give your local whm/sch/brd more credit than they deserve!!!
    In defense of the Stunners, Legion has some terrible lag (dont ask me why). Theese Lags come in spikes and sometimes the mob just teleports from one place to the other. My connection is very good and I never have lag in FFXI ecxept when in Legion. If you dont live in Japan you will suffer some lag there and when those Lagspikes occure (which happens almost every fight once around the 2. wave) you will most likely miss 1-2 stuns, which can screw up your entire run. We even had GMs (called them to report those lag issues) watch us on a successfull run and even they were baffled as to how much Lag there was in Legion, they told us that they will hand this issue to the Devs after witnessing the Lag themself.

This Lag prolly affects your healers and support too, nothing is better then when your cure macro goes of 2 sec later when you pressed it allready <3

EDIT: This Lag may be Server dependant, apearantly Bahamut has Lag issues on Legion while other server do not have any Lag issue (not sure about this, but someone in shell said that the Lag on Bahamut Legion is craptastic compared to their previous server)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, R>2000 is very normal for me on the second wave of Legion. That's why I wasn't sure even a bot could be perfect.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by IronPandemonium View Post
    i'm sorry to hear that about your weekly static Arthars; as much as this may sound like a bit of a sarcastic insult at first glance, i'm dead serious

the number one thing i absolutely loathe about legion is just that it's an event that should've been around back at seventy-five and not ninety-none, honestly, because releasing it only after abyssea has absolutely ruined most players' play skill, and not only that, but a bulk of the playerbase has relic/mythic (and empyrean) syndrome still, thinking they're the shit if they have a 99 weapon when fact of the matter is it's along the lines of have a hagun or perdu voulge back at 75

so, not only do those people in particular look like shitheads naturally, but they've also naturally degeared all of their mage/support jobs as well, making it to where a majority of the game's remaining populace are not only inefficient at crucial roles, but they don't even have the shit suited up for in the first place lol

only 1-2 properly successful groups per server? SEEMS LIKE A LEGIT EVENT TO ME #squareenixlogic
    Pretty much. The best way to judge your DDs is by how tactical they are. Do they carry medicine needed for an event? Do they do basic stuff like varying food by mob within an event? Are they willing to compromise personal bragging rights for the benefit of the event? The terrible DDs tend to forget one, if not many, of these aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Yeah, R>2000 is very normal for me on the second wave of Legion. That's why I wasn't sure even a bot could be perfect.
    I've had up to R3500 with FiOS. I can tell you programs/plugins aren't perfect stunners from experience. Aside from the program simply missing the stun, I've had an instance where the stun never went off lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Pretty much. The best way to judge your DDs is by how tactical they are. Do they carry medicine needed for an event? Do they do basic stuff like varying food by mob within an event? Are they willing to compromise personal bragging rights for the benefit of the event? The terrible DDs tend to forget one, if not many, of these aspects.

I've had up to R3500 with FiOS. I can tell you programs/plugins aren't perfect stunners from experience. Aside from the program simply missing the stun, I've had an instance where the stun never went off lol .
    This is one of the reasons I dont use spellcast on sch at all in Legion and have made some oldschool macros for it. The difference is HUGE. Add the Lag + spellcast delay and you are screwed. We have had instances where I got the /tell that I am next on stun before the animation went off or it showed up in Log, where as we also had the instance where the animation went off, you saw it in the log, but the /tell never arrived the other person. Happens rarely but it happens.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok, I won't be able to provide parse of Yoichi sam as of now, simply cause they don't keep them.

They should just scale the event down to 12 and to 6 people.... that way the only benefit of zerging is #kills (and hence #loot). I want to enjoy all content but I don't know more than a handful of competent players in my time zone.