Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

got my copies from my LCS, including winning a raffle for a Jim Cheung variant.
    Spoiler: show
    starts up with Nova crashing to earth and says "it's coming" before passing out. They analyze it and detect the energy source of the Phoenix force on his suit. Cyke is training Hope on Utopia, training her harder and harder. Cyke keeps taunting her and she lashes out with the Phoenix force. Avengers have some sensor that detects it. Cap talks to Wolverine and Wolverine says the Phoenix is headed for Hope. Cap goes to Utopia and he and Cyke get into a verbal fight. Cyke blasts Cap. Cap calls for all the Avengers. Pretty standard fare. Since Bendis wrote it, you can expect how it reads. May be good or bad, depending on how you feel about him. Personally I'd give it at 4/5

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    got my copies from my LCS, including winning a raffle for a Jim Cheung variant.
    starts up with Nova crashing to earth and says "it's coming" before passing out. They analyze it and detect the energy source of the Phoenix force on his suit. Cyke is training Hope on Utopia, training her harder and harder. Cyke keeps taunting her and she lashes out with the Phoenix force. Avengers have some sensor that detects it. Cap talks to Wolverine and Wolverine says the Phoenix is headed for Hope. Cap goes to Utopia and he and Cyke get into a verbal fight. Cyke blasts Cap. Cap calls for all the Avengers. Pretty standard fare. Since Bendis wrote it, you can expect how it reads. May be good or bad, depending on how you feel about him. Personally I'd give it at 4/5
    Absolutely loved Cyke calling out Cap on the Avengers never really caring about Mutants, since they are the target of some of the biggest threats on Earth...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

stuff I read digitally(didnt get to my LCS today to get stuff yet )
    Thunderbolts
    Continuing the time traveling, the T'Bolts encounter the original group. Was cool to see the old costumes again, but I'm kind of ready for this whole bouncing around to be over. Granted that leads to Dark Avengers and most of the team disappearing.

Venom
    Fucking Remender is awesome. I liked most of the art, but Peter Parker looked nothing like Peter Parker. I like that the symbiote has become like an addiction for Flash. That can lead to a lot of interesting storylines. Also Eddie Brock killing other symbiotes? F ya

AvX #1 side thing off the Marvel Infinite whatever the fuck its called starring Nova
    its 99 cents, so thats a plus. It is what happens to Nova when is racing through space and crashes into Earth. Does not explain WHY Nova is alive at all. It also reads sort of like a motion comic. It was interesting as a technology thing, but it isn't necessary for AvX #1 at all.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Best part of AvX

Wolverine runs the school while in costume

p.s.
    After reading the comic I'm 100% sided with X-Men and got into an argument with Scun b/c hes all CAPTAIN AMERICA IS RIGHT, LET THEM FUCKING TAKE HOPE AND DEAL WITH THE PHOENIX BLAH BLAH. Shouting match ensued.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

stuff I read digitally(didnt get to my LCS today to get stuff yet )
    Thunderbolts
    Continuing the time traveling, the T'Bolts encounter the original group. Was cool to see the old costumes again, but I'm kind of ready for this whole bouncing around to be over. Granted that leads to Dark Avengers and most of the team disappearing.

Venom
    Fucking Remender is awesome. I liked most of the art, but Peter Parker looked nothing like Peter Parker. I like that the symbiote has become like an addiction for Flash. That can lead to a lot of interesting storylines. Also Eddie Brock killing other symbiotes? F ya

AvX #1 side thing off the Marvel Infinite whatever the fuck its called starring Nova
    its 99 cents, so thats a plus. It is what happens to Nova when is racing through space and crashes into Earth. Does not explain WHY Nova is alive at all. It also reads sort of like a motion comic. It was interesting as a technology thing, but it isn't necessary for AvX #1 at all.
    Goddamn I need to pick up on Venom. How does Eddie kill symbiotes without his Anti-Venom form?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
    Best part of AvX

Wolverine runs the school while in costume

p.s.
    After reading the comic I'm 100% sided with X-Men and got into an argument with Scun b/c hes all CAPTAIN AMERICA IS RIGHT, LET THEM FUCKING TAKE HOPE AND DEAL WITH THE PHOENIX BLAH BLAH. Shouting match ensued.

TEAM X-MEN /highfive

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I already knew it was gonna be this way, but having it confirmed that Nova isn't the Richard Rider I know and love makes me a sad panda.

Goddamnit marvel, at least give me Starlord back or something.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

hope you guys have a smart phone to use with AVX :X I haven't seen it yet personally in action, lol, but it surprised me when they mentioned it :D

AVX: VS coming out soon too, has aweeeesome Kubert Art :D :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
    Agreed on that and the part where Cyke calls out Cap. The Avengers all but turned their back on the mutants being damn near wiped out by one of their own teammates. They spent what all of a week saying oh sorry about that. Better luck next time. And now Cap thinks the Avengers are better suited to dealing with Phoenix than the X-Men who have dealt with it already? Because yeah they've fared so well in intergalactic affairs in the past.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not like anyone here would need to be reminded, but Fantastic Four was fucking great again this week.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ben and Reed totally needed to bro-fist at the end.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sumiko View Post
    hope you guys have a smart phone to use with AVX :X I haven't seen it yet personally in action, lol, but it surprised me when they mentioned it :D

AVX: VS coming out soon too, has aweeeesome Kubert Art :D :D
    I kind of wish Kubert was on more stuff and JRJR nothing I guess the Romita name has certain leverage though

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Not like anyone here would need to be reminded, but Fantastic Four was fucking great again this week.
    its fucknig absurd how emotional i get anytime i read an issue of fantastic four. its literally fucking unreal

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, Thing with a beard is bad ass.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Unrelated to all the FF love, Saga and America's Got Powers are both must reads.

Banned.

BG Level

Thief of thieves took a turn for the wtf

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I kind of wish Kubert was on more stuff and JRJR nothing I guess the Romita name has certain leverage though
    Whaaa, JRJR has been around for decades. He's earned his name outside of Romita Sr. Also, there is more than one Kubert, which are you guys talking about?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 229 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast