BG Level

SO SHOCKING AND GROUNDBREAKING

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Spoiler: show
    They just killed off Donatello in TMNT
    why would you not give any indication of what your spoiler is about, that forces everyone to click it lol. granted no one here prob gives a fuck outside of some nostalgia

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...een-128508.jpg

Not all of the SECRET WARS announcements have been released, apparently, as a HAIL HYDRA series was announced via ComicBook.com.

Writer Rick Remender will be heading this new series in a world where Hydra is now the new standards of US patriotism and completely dominates America.

Ian Rogers, the son of Captain America, will be starring in this book as Nomad, a book where heroes are a limited resource.

In an interview with ComicBook.com, Remender said this was an opportunity to show a world where Hydra wasn't foiled by the good guys.

"Hyrda is now the American Dream."
    Remender went on to say that we'll be seeing familiar faces in this new world, like Eddie Brock as Venom, as a Hydra agent. Roland Boschi, Chris Chuckry & Andrew Robinson will also be on this project as well, who teamed up with Remender on WINTER SOLDIER: THE BITTER MARCH. He went on to say that book was one of his proudest moments at Marvel.
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ha...s/1100-151774/

Gotta say, this is one of the few titles I may put on the pull list.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Will Remender even get to finish his story with Hydra having moles on all the super hero teams? I wonder if it will happen after Secret Wars.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So count me down for being meh at the Avengers reveal as well, but I feel like I really need to reread the entire thing from the start to really appreciate it fully. I plan on doing that once it's all over.

Also wanted to mention that the 10th and final Private Eye came out last week and I finally got to read it all.. I waited after issue 2 for it all to build up.
    So good, BKV and Marcos Martin are so great. Glad they're sticking around for more digital stuff. I really wish Private Eye was getting the hardcover trade treatment cause it's so pretty and I want it physically. I also want that dreamcoat hoodie irl.

On a funny note, I guess I wrote into them around the 3rd issue because I'm in the letter pages for that one haha. I vaguely remember doing that, so I wonder/figure if I d/led the 3rd issue super later after weekend dranks and decided to drop a line. I just say sorry that I'm d/ling for free cause I'm broke, "earning dick all" and getting married soon, and BKV is all like no prob bro. <3 It was weird reading issue 3 like 1.5 years later and being like huh?! So, I gave them nice moneys for 10.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The new lineup for Avengers, written by Waid.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post

Curious to see how Ms Marvel will be when written by someone else. Been loving her book so far.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

the return of the inferior iron man!

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post

Didnt they do Kid Avengers already?
    http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/ar...640&height=360

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Didnt they do Kid Avengers already?
    http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/ar...640&height=360
    I loved that movie.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That may not be Iron Man...may be Rescue. Looks like a training team honestly with all the new young faces.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Marvel confirmed it's Iron Man with some new armor type

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Wat is brown ms marvels power set?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    embiggen

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Kamala is a polymorph after being exposed to the Terrigen Mist. This gives her the ability to stretch her body in almost anyway imaginable. Kamala can also increase and decrease her size to both gigantic and tiny sizes. The limits of this ability has yet to be revealed but she has grown large enough to handle a car and shrunk to the size of a cockroach. She can also selectively increase and decrease the size of any part of her body, although she prefers to increase the size of her fists. But she also uses the ability to increase the length of her legs so that she can travel great distances in a short amount of time. Kamala also has the ability to shape-shift. In theory she can look like anyone she wants, but so far she has only changed into Carol Danvers and her own mother. Kamala also has healing abilities since she has been shot in the stomach but was able to heal over the wound when she transformed back to her original form. She cannot transform again until the healing process is complete.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Kamala is a human with latent Inhuman heritage who's powers were activated by the Terrigen Bomb. Kamala is now a polymorph, which grants her the following abilities:

◾ Morphogenetics: Kamala can stretch, deform, expand, or compress her entire body or parts thereof into any contiguous shape she can imagine for a variety of uses:

Elongation: Kamala can extend her limbs, torso, or neck to great distances.

◾ Accelerated Healing Factor: Kamala is capable of rapidly healing from injuries such as bullet wounds. However, use of her other powers interrupts the healing process, requiring Kamala to maintain her normal appearance while recovering. Extensive healing also leaves Kamala heavily-fatigued and hungry. However, it appears the more she utilizes her healing ability, the less malleable her cells become, which prevents her from using the full range of her morphogenic abilities.
    ◾ Bioluminescence: Kamala's body emits a glowing yellow energy signature when using her morphogenic powers.

Think of a Muslim Mr. Fantastic.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

So my friends from high school have been on the comic book kick for the past few years and I figured I should get started as well. They're big into the Batman series, but I've never been much of a Batman fan. I have the first compendium of The Walking Dead to read, but I've always been a huge fan of the X Men universe characters.

Where's a good place to start? I know there are a bunch of different series by different artist, some good, some not so good, and I don't want to waste time and money on some of the lesser works. For example, I know Deadpool has some 20 different adaptations, but I'm sure there is some point where that just gets excessive.

If there's any more information I can provide to be pointed in a better direction (ie other series, insterests, genres) I'd be happy to provide it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What are X-Men? There is only Inhumans!

Also, if you just want to jump into current series, I don't know I stopped reading every x-book. If you want to go back a bit, look into marvel unlimited. I think they have everything over the past few years. Usually new things are released to unlimited 6-8 months after they are released to stores.

edit
    Spider-Man is regularly a very good series
    Spider-Gwen has been enjoyable so far(and it is like 3 issues in so still world building a bit)
    Multiversity

Non superhero things
    Saga
    The Wicked + The Divine
    East of West
    Sex Criminals