Closed Thread
Page 226 of 229 FirstFirst ... 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 ... LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Marvel goofed when they let anti semitic propaganda get published in one of their comics.

Since Remender and Hickman left the company I've found that more often then not Marvel has been putting out garbage. The overall quality of the writing since Secret Wars has been not good.
    I thought it was anti Indonesian politician stuff that slipped through or did they also find time to hate the Jews?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Signs slipped into X-Men Gold #1 were from an anti-Jewish, anti-Christian Indonesian group. Also had Kitty Pryde standing next to a sign that read "Jewelry" except she was suspiciously positioned to block most of the elry.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Signs slipped into X-Men Gold #1 were from an anti-Jewish, anti-Christian Indonesian group. Also had Kitty Pryde standing next to a sign that read "Jewelry" except she was suspiciously positioned to block most of the elry.
    She isn't even blocking most of the y, but the rest is right and the artist has also been fired.

BG Level

Yes, my bad, I'm sure that given the context he was simply trying to emphasize what a jewel Shadowcat is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

man that is pretty fuckin funny

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Marvel goofed when they let anti semitic propaganda get published in one of their comics.

Since Remender and Hickman left the company I've found that more often then not Marvel has been putting out garbage. The overall quality of the writing since Secret Wars has been not good.
    I thought the fringe, "SJW" books are some of the best written. Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, and Spider-Gwen. A lot of the big books(x-men, avengers, etc.) have sucked. Ultimates and Thor have been decent though. I stopped reading a lot of Marvel during the bajillion Civil War 2 crossover books. That whole thing was a giant turd.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not really talking about that kind of stuff when I'm referring to SJW garbage. You know what you're getting in to with those books. My problem has been Marvel needlessly inserting unnecessary amounts of social commentary into EVERYTHING. To be fair, that's been their MO with alot of titles even before the Disney sale, but these days the quality of writing can't remotely compensate and most of it comes off as exceedingly hamfisted.

At least DC has the decency to just flat out fucking suck without trying to throw in draw in readers thru pandering. I've tried to read their stuff since the last reboot and Wonder Woman is the only thing Ive been willing to pay money for, and solely because it's written by Rucka

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm not really talking about that kind of stuff when I'm referring to SJW garbage. You know what you're getting in to with those books. My problem has been Marvel needlessly inserting unnecessary amounts of social commentary into EVERYTHING. To be fair, that's been their MO with alot of titles even before the Disney sale, but these days the quality of writing can't remotely compensate and most of it comes off as exceedingly hamfisted.

At least DC has the decency to just flat out fucking suck without trying to throw in draw in readers thru pandering. I've tried to read their stuff since the last reboot and Wonder Woman is the only thing Ive been willing to pay money for, and solely because it's written by Rucka
    Social commentary kind of make sense in Captain American books though.

BG Level

The social commentary in Captain America is spot-on and makes a lot of sense for Sam Wilson.

Doing not one but two stories in Totally Awesome Hulk about being Asian American maybe not so much.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone get anything good for FCBD? I got Abolsute Sandman Vol 3 for $30.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Never seen that little SpongeBob cartoon, so accurate.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not sure when it happened, but Marvel has gone back to offering free digital codes for the issue you purchase as opposed to a grab bag of "featured comics"

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Not sure when it happened, but Marvel has gone back to offering free digital codes for the issue you purchase as opposed to a grab bag of "featured comics"
    People complained. They used the "we didn't know people used this" response.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Secret Empire question:

Spoiler: show
    I'm seeing a lot of references to a scene where Cap picks up Mjolnir and I do not remember it from the main Secret Empire book, or any of the Captain America tie ins... any idea where this takes place?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Siege I'm guessing? Assuming Marvel themselves can remember back that far.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I havent seen it happen yet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Secret Empire question:

I'm seeing a lot of references to a scene where Cap picks up Mjolnir and I do not remember it from the main Secret Empire book, or any of the Captain America tie ins... any idea where this takes place?
    I believe it was in the FCBD special issue that was released. It basically happened shortly after the heroes finally found out about Cap being Hydra when he showed up and trounced the current Avengers team ending with him lifting Mjolnir above his head showing that to the hammer at least that he is worthy.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you are part of Marvel's Insider program, you can go here: https://marvel.com/redeem and enter ICEMAN for digital copies of all the new #1 X-Books.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Speaking of new X-Books. Although I don't like the art, enjoying GenX so far. But then again I'm a Chamber fanboy.