Page 58 of 229 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Comic Book Thread: Combined for greatness

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    Brand new day. Unless thats what you mean.
    One More Day/Brand New Day, same thing.

Need Guardians of the Galaxy back NOW. Just seeing a post mention them and knowing the next Iron Man arc will involve them (though DO NOT WANT Greg Land doing Rocky and Groot) is getting me hype.

If only we could get Richard Rider back too.

Re: Comic Book Thread: Combined for greatness

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    yo i fucking love all new xmen. i get so swept up in every issue.

new avengers will be jamazing
    Agreed! Really liking it so far despite the crazy. I can't hate on Bendis either as I see him all the time at my local shop in Portland. He rolls around with a baby/child biycyle trailer for the comics he picks up. Hard to hate on that.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Oh don't get me wrong, I love it. But it still can seem "Hey everyone! Look it's Jeanie!" sometimes

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

All New X-men isn't bad and I generally like it but that guy at the campus was an idiot/ass.
    He's mad at his campus mates for not protesting his expulsion when he literally only informed one of them half a second earlier. It's bullshit and makes mutantkind look like entitled supremacist assholes because this is supposed to be ok behavior Marvel thinks mutants should have towards the world. I hope it later turns out the College Students formed a protest once they actually did hear about it just to show how stupid that guy was.
    He even mentions the option to sue which actually would probably be a landmark case in mutant rights and an open/shut one to boot.
    What happens? Cyclops screws it up by taking the guy away before he can do this. It's a longstanding Issue with the X-men really. Every single mutant except the X-men somehow manages to advance mutant civil rights and acceptance while the X-men generally achieve nothing barring Xavier's public work.
    I guess that's why I liked Uncanny Avengers. The Scarlet Witch pointed out the giant elephant in the room and while the X-men have done heroics as far as the general mission of human/mutant coexistence Wanda did more for mutant rights than they did simply by existing while the X-men(or at least a ton of their crazier fans) think of her as an Uncle Tom.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good point. Blame the laziness/non-caring about the obvious on the writers though. That's why Remender is a boss.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Punk Rock Jesus ending was really fucking crazy. Can't wait till DC puts it out in trade(prolly in year).

Also started reading Morning Glories. I'm like 6 issues in and totally fucking confused.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just oredred the first saga TP, Avengers, American Vampire, Talon 3 and last weeks green lantern were all good.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    Punk Rock Jesus ending was really fucking crazy. Can't wait till DC puts it out in trade(prolly in year).

Also started reading Morning Glories. I'm like 6 issues in and totally fucking confused.
    I totally forgot I read the last issue of Punk Rock Jesus. It ended so horribly. So much set up and story for nothing at all. A huge let down.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post

I still read Morning Glories and still confused even 20 odd issues in, Problem is a lot of the characters look the same making it more confusing than it should be.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

M:AA-Playdom prematurely announced Cable is released late last night and they pulled the announcement. He is supposed to be released tomorrow. I think the Punisher is going to join M:AA very soon also. I'm guessing the next PVP top prize. Also, all my heroes are level 12 now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah I knew they were releasing a new character soon but was hoping for more than just Cable. They still have a large number of characters planned to be released. So far I'm guessing the next spec ops will be X-23 with a Weapon X storyline. Vision in the following one tying into the Age of Ultron storyline Marvel is doing and then either Captain Britain or Black Knight for the supposed British based spec ops they apparently planned to do. Though I suppose Ultron/Britain could be flip flopped depending on their timeline plan.

I could also see Havok being a PVP reward in the future also. They seem to like using the X-side of things for their PVP rewards so far.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Way's Thunderbolts continues to be unreadable trash. I give up reading Fantastic Four now, Fraction is just awful.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't have an issue with Thunderbolts really since I actually like Steve Dillon's art (mostly having to do with Preacher being my favorite comic).

For anyone who didn't see the big "surprise reveal" coming in Superior Spider-Man #1, I feel sorry for you. The second I read ASM 700 I saw it coming ):

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

But...art cannot cover the multitude of sins that is the writing.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eh, I grew up reading comics in the 90s. I can handle some shitty scripting if I enjoy the art.

Unless it's Jeph Loeb. And tbh Geoff Johns is slowly reaching that point. When he was just on Green Lantern I fucking loved it, but since they decided to put him as Creative Director (or whatever his title is) and have him write 50 million series, his writing has gone downhill.

Thunderbolts is bearable enough for me, even with the horrendous characterization. The only character that actually acts properly is Red Hulk, and I think a monkey on a type writer could handle his character depth.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Warner Bros. Wins Blockbuster Victory in Legal Battle for Superman
    An appeals court finds that Jerome Siegel's heirs made a deal with the studio in 2001 before terminating the copyright grant on Superman.

An appeals court has delivered a huge victory to Warner Bros. that will likely allow the studio to control the future of the Superman franchise.

On Thursday, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeal decided that a lower court was wrong to deny Warner Bros. subsidiary DC Comics' contention that it had a deal in 2001 with the estate of Superman co-creator Jerome Siegel. As a result, a federal judge's 2008 decision to allow the Siegel estate to recapture Superman rights is about to be wiped out.

The decision follows a ruling by a federal judge in October to deny the estate of Superman's other co-creator Joseph Shuster that ability to recapture his own portion of the Superman copyright.

Together, the decisions likely mean that Warner Bros. can exploit the Superman franchise without fear of legal hassles from the estates of Shuster and Siegel. That's significant because Warner Bros. is preparing to release this summer's big-budget Man of Steel, directed by Zack Snyder and produced by Christopher Nolan.

More to come.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

M:AA News Cable is officially out now and PVP season 4 has started and Punisher is the reward. Note for those of you getting Cable. Beware of him and coordinated attack procs as he was broken last time I used him and when it procs he ends up shooting himself instead of the enemy. Not sure if they fixed it yet or not.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not fixed yet, he blasted himself in the face about an hour ago on my game. Punisher looks really awesome, I might PVP this time.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also 135 fucking CP for Cable... Fuck you PD

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Also 135 fucking CP for Cable... Fuck you PD
    Yeah that is probably going to be the standard for the PVP heroes. Deadpool's official cost was 135 also.

Closed Thread
Page 58 of 229 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast