FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Must nitpick one thing in that.

Gwenpool is not Gwen Stacy. She's literally someone from outside the marvelverse named Gwen Poole that somehow gets caught in the marvelverse that she always read about in the comics.
    That was my response when I was watching too

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

gdi Saga is depressing lately

BG Level

was it ever not

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

A bright new tomorrow is coming for the Children of the Atom as the X-Men race full speed into ResurrXion! Today, Marvel is excited to release its first trailer timed with the upcoming release of all-new X-titles – X-MEN GOLD, X-MEN BLUE, GENERATION X, WEAPON X, ICEMAN, JEAN GREY, CABLE, OLD MAN LOGAN, ALL-NEW WOLVERINE and ASTONISHING X-MEN! Launching this spring in your local comic shop, these new, ongoing series bring fans a new beginning for these merry mutants – one that is sure to please fans old and new! You asked for it, you got it! The ResurrXion of the X-Men is here!

This is just the beginning! The future of the X-Men is bright, and it’s all beginning this spring as part of Marvel’s ResurrXion bringing you a brand-new line of X-Men titles. Be there when it all kicks off in April when both X-MEN GOLD #1 and X-MEN BLUE #1 come to comic shops and digital devices everywhere! For more information on Marvel’s ResurrXion, visit Marvel.com/resurrxion.
    In the wake of war with the Inhumans, the X-Men regroup for a new era of action and excitement! Experience the next bold chapter in the saga of Marvel's mutant heroes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So remember that whisper from Nick Fury that made Thor unworthy to wield his hammer? Well something like four years later Marvel finally decided to reveal what he said. Unworthy Thor spoilers below.

Spoiler: show
    Gorr was right.
    Yep that's it. All that time to reveal that. And the entire series that was leading up to Odinson taking up the hammer of Ultimate Thor ends with him choosing not to ever pick it up and some mystery person does at the end and declares himself the War Thor.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So, whose gonna recapp that for context for me.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Huge buildup zero payoff.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    So, whose gonna recapp that for context for me.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Copy pasta from reddit

Gorr was an enemy of Thor's during the God of Thunder run a few years back. His whole shtick was that gods caused more problems and damage than they fixed - that they were, in fact, harming mortals more than aiding them. Thor's greatest fear was that Gorr's beliefs, that the mortals would be better off without gods, was right.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Im disappointed that the series just turned out to be a set up for other things: War Thor and Hela/Thanos taking back Hel. I really wanted to see Thor dual wield ultimate mewmew and yarnbarn.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Secret Empire officially started today with a zero issue.

Spoiler: show
    Cap outs himself as Supreme Leader of Hydra to Sharon Carter and Captain Marvel's space team battling against the Chitauri. And Tony Stark is apparently no longer dead/comatose after CW2? At first I thought it was his AI controlling the armor but the art later on clearly shows a person inside the armor.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What from Marvel is even worth reading these days? I only keep up with the Spider-Man stuff because well... it's fucking Spider-Man.

The company is just so far up it's own ass with the ridiculous SJW pandering and the need to murder every white male hero so they can be replaced with a teenage minority.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good grief that just sounds so edge lordy. There is a ton of really great stuff on both sides of the isle right now.

I'm really enjoying the Captain America and Sam Wilson books, as well as Thunderbolts that intersects a tiny bit with those two. Those all also lead into the Secret Empire story that started today and was fantastic. Cap's plot was brilliant and shows what someone with his tactical mind can really do with the safety off.

Moon Knight has been great, dealing with his past and his mental illness, showing his real battle is with himself. The art has been really good in these books as well, if a bit trippy in some, but I mean, it's Moon Knight.

Ultimates has been a fun cosmic team up with some interpersonal ego drama between Carol and T'challa. I've enjoyed it less since the "2" got added, but it's still early.

US Avengers is great, and god damn I love Roberto acting like a cocky prick. I'm a sucker for over the top stuff, one of my favorite books ever is Nextwave, so this is written out of my fever dream. They're intersecting a bit with Cap now during this Secret Empire stuff, but in ways that are good so far.

Venom is only six issues in, but the symbiote has gone from being "fixed" by Flash during his run, then "recorrupted" by a psychopath in the Venom issues 1-5, to now being betrayed by spider man to be captured and then freed by Eddie Brock...should be interesting to see where this goes.

Deadpool/Deadpool & Spiderman/Deadpool and Mercs for Money/Deadpool related etc: it is deadpool stuff. Some of it is funny, some of it is cringy, sort through what you like at the shop and you'll see what writers get him and which ones don't. I've personally liked the Deadpool & Spidey books a lot more than the rest of the stuff. Deadpool had an amazing run with the Good, the bad, and the ugly storyline that has been squandered a bit since. I really enjoyed the serious stuff with him, Cap, and Wolvie. His parts in Uncanny Avengers with Rogue has been really good though, and that shows he can be written well.

Gwenpoole is amazing, crazy, silly, and fun. Just enjoy it for the silliness and laugh. It's really good so far, and doesn't try too hard. Looking at you Squirrel Girl.

Invincible Iron Man/Infamous Iron Man: I love Doom as Iron Man...it's great shit, the art is amazing, and seeing Victor's redemption after Secret Wars is awesome. He realized he wasn't good enough to be a god, and it humbled him. I'm intrigued to see where this stuff with his mother and ultimate Reed is going also. Riri is meh so far to me. I like her story, her first arc is ok, but nothing special. I didn't really care for how she took out the Iron Golem or w/e her name is. I'll give her time though, nothing about the book is bad or offensive to me as a reader. I enjoy the Tony AI a lot, and it seems it's in for a heel turn if our glimpse into the conversation with the Friday AI was right.

Mighty Thor/Unworthy have both been really solid. Love seeing Malekith's plan unfurl over time and him just poisoning the realms against each other while nobody seems to be able to get it together. Mighty got a lot of shit for 4 panels from the first few books, but it has been pretty awesome since four or five issues in when it found it's stride. People do love to be outraged these days though.

Nick Fury 1 dropped today and was pretty great. It had a really neat 70's art vibe that gave a neat secret agent feel to the book. Also introduced a fun Hydra agent that may be a new antagonist now.

Honestly, this whole Captain America turn has done amazing things for Marvel. They've taken some risks and it has paid off with amazing storytelling. I'm missing some books that I'm also enjoying I'm sure, but this is what I picked off the top of my head quickly.
    Almost all the Star Wars books have been really good, if you're into that. Darth Vader especially.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Gwenpool is easily the best book at marvel in ages. And I remember when people thought Gwenpool would be terrible.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Was Tony not talking with Friday about creating Skynet?

Unrelatedly -- Injustice 2 explained why Green Arrow and Canary are back in the sequel (and it's such a copout >.>).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tony is still an AI. I dunno if anyone cares but Nova already got the axe. It's a shame, was a great book but it will end in the coming months.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    Tony is still an AI. I dunno if anyone cares but Nova already got the axe. It's a shame, was a great book but it will end in the coming months.
    I was enjoying Nova, but never saw anyone buying it at the shop, always a full stack. Hope they're able to finish the current arc anyway and explain what they need to with Richard.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Marvel announced today that they have finally gotten over their phobia of long running titles with those scary high issue numbers on them and all Legacy titles will be reverting to their original numbering. No more new #1 issues every six months to go along with their Marvel Legacy one-shot featuring the return of classic characters.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    What from Marvel is even worth reading these days? I only keep up with the Spider-Man stuff because well... it's fucking Spider-Man.

The company is just so far up it's own ass with the ridiculous SJW pandering and the need to murder every white male hero so they can be replaced with a teenage minority.
    u done goofed m8

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Marvel goofed when they let anti semitic propaganda get published in one of their comics.

Since Remender and Hickman left the company I've found that more often then not Marvel has been putting out garbage. The overall quality of the writing since Secret Wars has been not good.