Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Ask Jenkins
    Good point, lol.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Idk how a CB goes from having a really really really good rookie season to dropping off in his next year.
    Because CB is an extremely difficult position

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Because CB is an extremely difficult position
    Yes, that's partly my point. If it's a difficult position, especially with the stark increase in competition from college->pro, you would think that they would have a shitty rookie year and gradually get better, not have a good rookie year, shitty soph year and an average 3rd year.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...engals-simpson

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Jerome Simpson has been indicted for marijuana trafficking, leaving him subject to a jail sentence and punishment from the NFL.

A Kenton County grand jury indicted the four-year veteran on one count of marijuana trafficking in excess of 8 ounces, a felony count that carries up to five years in jail.

Federal authorities tracked a package shipped to Simpson’s home in northern Kentucky last September. They said it contained 2 1/2 pounds of marijuana. No charges were filed at that time.

The indictment came one day after Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct at a Cincinnati bar and was sentenced to probation and community service.

Both Jones and Simpson completed the final years on their contracts with the Bengals.
    benglols

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    fucking bengals, taking away the only thing the vikings were the best at
    http://www.chicagomag.com/whet/sam-hurd.jpg

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Yes, that's partly my point. If it's a difficult position, especially with the stark increase in competition from college->pro, you would think that they would have a shitty rookie year and gradually get better, not have a good rookie year, shitty soph year and an average 3rd year.
    My point is this: it is such a difficult position, even the best can look bad at times through little fault of their own. Perhaps after his strong rookie season the coaches trusted him with less help this year, and he was not up to the challenge. CB really is a weird position to evaluate because almost all of them play differently year to year.

Demosthenes11

My point is this: it is such a difficult position, even the best can look bad at times through little fault of their own. Perhaps after his strong rookie season the coaches trusted him with less help this year, and he was not up to the challenge. CB really is a weird position to evaluate because almost all of them play differently year to year.
    mccourty had an awful second season, but it wasn't helped by the fact we were playing several undrafted rookies at safety throughout the year and he was hurt for a bit. When a coaching staff can't trust the safeties, extra pressure and isolation is put on the cornerbacks

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Tramon Williams wasn't nearly the shutdown corner he was last year, thanks to a severe dropoff in pass rush.

Shit happens, and CBs are largely dependent on the rest of the team to be successful.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I wouldn't even put solely on team makeup either. Schemes and systems are a huge part of a CB's success as well. Look at Nnamdi.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Also I want the record to show I requested this thread be called "The Egg McMuffin of Championships".
    Fuck McDonald's.

Yeah you heard me.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Oh right Rutgers.

Also I want the record to show I requested this thread be called "The Egg McMuffin of Championships".
    this thread doesnt deserve that title

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Next week

Except Asante - top 3 cover corner who can't tackle for shit.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    Next week
    The Egg McMuffin of exhibition football games

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    The Egg McMuffin of exhibition football games
    Do it.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

TO officially signed to play in the Indoor Football League (no, not the arena ftbl league lol)

Demosthenes11

the eggmcmuffin is the most delicious breakfast sandwich. right up there with a threesome with me in the middle

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Like I could care less about McDonalds, but the Egg McMuffin is still delicious. And it's 2 for 3 now? Fuck yes

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

espn just reported spagnuolo going to the saints as D coord

curses

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Baltimore Ravens Admit They Like The Ugly Wins

BALTIMORE—Reflecting on a 12-4 season that showcased their gritty, brash, defense-first style, the Baltimore Ravens admitted Thursday that while everyone else chases the pretty, sexy wins, they actually prefer theirs ugly. "There's just something about the physical, dirty, sweaty ones, the ones that aren't much to look at but really make you work for it and might even hurt you," said one Ravens player who asked not to be named and claimed there were "at least 10 other guys" on the team who shared his feelings. "Everyone chases after the sexy ones, the ones with poise and so on, but there's something about grunting and shoving your way through that sweaty muck for an hour that makes an ugly one a lot more satisfying. Mmm. Yeah." The Ravens refused to name which of the ugly wins was their favorite, but admitted there was one "real hog wallow" in Tennessee they'd always regret letting get away from them.http://o.onionstatic.com/img/icons/terminator.gif
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/bal...ly-wins,27097/

lol

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast