+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

a+

and i dont even deep dish

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I want to make that pizza so bad, fuck. I don't deep dish either but gdi I want it.

Mom's gonna be making her stuffed cabbage soon, it's surreal, her best attempt at my grandmothers recipe whom we lost about 10 years ago. Hers was unbelievable, I've never had anything like it, and my mom has nailed it over the years just by taste and experimenting since she never got the recipe itself. Hopefully I can get pics up of the process.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I have not had deep dish pizza. Is it . . . actually good? It just seems like such a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Mom's gonna be making her stuffed cabbage soon, it's surreal, her best attempt at my grandmothers recipe whom we lost about 10 years ago. Hers was unbelievable, I've never had anything like it, and my mom has nailed it over the years just by taste and experimenting since she never got the recipe itself. Hopefully I can get pics up of the process.
    why you tempt me?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I have not had deep dish pizza. Is it . . . actually good? It just seems like such a terrible idea.
    It is good, but its quite different from regular pizza. The dough is a bit heavier, with a bunch of butter normally, and the toppings go under the sauce instead of on top. I've made deep dish a few times, but like regular pizza more.

I actually have a deep dish pan though. Could probably use a springform as well, though I have not tried. Makes it easier to get out, though the material is lighter and won't hold heat the same.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My attempts at cast iron pizza have been terrible. I think it's due to store-bought dough. Gonna try making my own at some point.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I use the Joy of Cooking deep dish pizza dough recipe. It's come out well the few times I've done it. Haven't made any modifications to it; didn't care to experiment with it.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I use the Joy of Cooking deep dish pizza dough recipe. It's come out well the few times I've done it. Haven't made any modifications to it; didn't care to experiment with it.
    I went for a cross between thin and deep dish. The recipe said the dough was supposed to kinda spread out into the pan but that never happened. I suck ass at baking.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Real talk, any Emeril recipe is reliably the tits.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...as-recipe.html

I pulled the dough, as well as cook temp/timing from that one. Sauce was close to what the recipe calls for, but not exact, you can wing it. I like it spicy and chunky. Trick to the sauce is cooking it down to get thick. You have more than enough time to cook a good sauce from scratch while waiting for the dough to rise. If you're using canned tomatoes, drain out most of the liquid. If you're using fresh, blanch, peel and remove the seeds and surrounding liquid. Soupy sauce will ruin any pizza, deep dish or otherwise. And yeah, I grew up on Philly/NY style pizza; deep dish is a whole other beast, eat it with a fork. It lends itself to "toppings" a lot better than thin crust. I'm a decent cook at best, but was pretty blown away at how good it turned out.

Edit: If you suck at making sauce:

+ whatever spices you like. I usually avoid canned stuff, but tomatoes keep pretty well canned.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Being that it's deepdish day and all, I made one too. I cheat and make mine in a springform pan. Homemade crust and sauce as well. Has sausage and pepperonis along with about a pound of mozz.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Butcher block counter? /jealous

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

No. Just a HUGE board that I picked up.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Damn that's thick. Downside to using the cast iron skillet is I only got MAYBE 2/3 the thickness/height

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

sauce is actually fairly easy. take tomatos. do the thing with hot water to get the skin off. cut them up. put them in a saucepan. mash em, boil em (but do not stick em in a stew) until they're the consistency of sauce. watched my cousin do it (missed the de-skinning); none of us had any idea what we were doing but she at least knew the theory so yeah. it actually worked quite well. i think she added a bit of salt, but nothing else. Canned tomatos would probably work almost as well as fresh, tbh.

i hate tomatos but it was actually really good. very tangy. we had it with pasta/chicken and parmesan but i think it would be fantastic on pizza, too. could throw some pepper or diced sausages in there i think, change it up. but if you're doin pizza odds are you're gonna have toppings, which would take care of that on their own. I think the plain tomato sauce would add a nice background to make the toppings more noticeable.

I intend to try it out once I get some yeast. I have a breadmaker, gonna start doing personal pizzas with fresh/organic ingredients. Organic seems to help somewhat. Not a lot, but enough to be worth the extra cash. Need to figure out if I still need the quick rise yeast for just making dough, though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This seems like the appropriate thread:

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 35m

Americans ate 1.1 billion servings of bacon in the year ending April 2014, up 6%, according to the @npdgroup

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

had this 2 weeks ago

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Also, for pizza/pasta sauce, canned tomato > fresh tomato any day of the week. Unless you have pressure cooker to cook your tomatoes with.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Me, I do cook; my family takes turns.

Tonight I made dessert first and I was in a gamer mood, and we had these blasted red delicious apples that no one likes (I'm serious, they're awful if you don't cook them) so I decided..

To make Moogle Pie for dessert tonight. Used Natalie Dupree's recipe for piecrust, I'll take a pic when it comes out of the oven. Nothing fancy for dinner tonight, just hamburger stroganoff. ^^ Well, other than dessert.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

What are the stat bonuses?

I made pork chops last night. Grill-pan chicken thighs tonight. I need to remember pictures though

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not much lol~! No more than any other apple pie in RL.

Anyway here's the pics. Gomenasi about photobucket, it's the fastest way to get pics off my new phone! I'll link them if they don't show up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...619_190420.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...619_190430.jpg

And yes I'm using the washer for a cooling rack. It turned out good tho I need to work on my pastry braiding! Not something I'll do a lot since it's a lot of work. But the pies were good. ^^

I don't usually egg wash apple pies, I sprinkle sugar on them tho when they're warm, but that's me!

Oh and if anyone wants to try this, go to your library, do not pass go, do not collect 200 bucks and see if there's any Nathalie Dupree cookbooks in the library. (So I misspelled her name until I did a google search. Whoops. Here's her website.) She's my go to for piecrust and a few other things, if I ever move away from my siblings, her New Southern Cooking is one of the first cookbooks I'd buy! (We have quite a few cookbooks from her that were inherited from mom; I think they're going to stay with the house tho..)

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag