+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 149 FirstFirst ... 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

I thought HOMER worked as well. Both because of the Simpsons reference and "home run."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So finally got around to trying some of those el yucateco's I bought you guys are so hype about. Only done Black Label so far but pretty good.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

they are p dank

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah, it's a solid brand. Been a staple in the fridge for years.

An El Yucateco Story...

Years and years ago I worked at Chi Chi's, both on the line and out front serving. At one point the whole chain went from their traditional salsa to a different, more health conscious 'fresh made' style. Shit had little flavor and no heat, so we started putting El Yucateco out on the tables as well (the base red and green, all they sold at the time). One night I'm waiting tables, and it's Taco Tuesday, and I have the whole bar to myself. This means I will make bank, as Taco Tuesday during college basketball season meant the bar would be packed. Anyway, a four top rolls in early in the evening, three guys and a hot blonde. The guys order a pitcher, she gets a girly drink, and they say they're going to do the taco bar. As I return with drinks they're sitting down with tacos and one of the guys says "You have any hot sauce?" "Sure do" I tell him as I point out the El Yucateco bottles, "but watch the green, it's got a bit of a bite". He blusters to indicate he's clearly muy macho, I tell them to let me know when they need more drinks, and I move off.

I barely get to take my next drink order when I hear an eruption of noise from said table. Mr. Hotsauce is gasping in pain and grabbing every glass on the table while his friends are dying of laughter. I make my way over and grin as I say "He tried the green, didn't he?" "He poured it on like Taco Bell mild sauce" says the blonde. I went off to refill the pitcher as everyone had a good laugh at the dying man's expense.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm according to their site green is same heat as black. A bit of a bite seems like an accurate description and I can imagine what pouring it on would do lol

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

it's hot but it's not THAT bad. The xxxtra is pretty toasty.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

By the way, I had this conversation with my friends on Sunday, but I'm really afraid to smoke a brisket. The main reason? I've never really enjoyed brisket.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Trim it a bit before hand so you don't run in to sections with a huuuuuge fat cap. If it's consistent and not overly thick it will mostly melt down in to deliciousness while smoking. Brisket is great as long as you don't bite in to a piece that's 80% fat.

Just my opinion of course. There's always pork shoulder if you'd just prefer not to smoke a beef brisket.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    it's hot but it's not THAT bad. The xxxtra is pretty toasty.
    No, it's really not. Just someone who clearly hadn't eaten anything with actual spice before and overdid it to show off.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao View Post
    Trim it a bit before hand so you don't run in to sections with a huuuuuge fat cap. If it's consistent and not overly thick it will mostly melt down in to deliciousness while smoking. Brisket is great as long as you don't bite in to a piece that's 80% fat.

Just my opinion of course. There's always pork shoulder if you'd just prefer not to smoke a beef brisket.
    I need to try it at a few more BBQ places and just see if I've never had good brisket is what I'm really thinking

(my pictures above were a pork shoulder btw)

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My miso adventures continue.

I probably haven't updated people but you all need to order miso from here.

It's a whole world changer for miso.

I found my favorite recipe for soup ever.

Ingredients:

Dashi stock
    2.5 tsps dashi powder
    32oz water

Add dashi powder to water and bring to boil.

1 med onions, halved then, thirded, then cut into strips.
    1 med potato, peeled, halved, halved again, and cut into 1/4in to 1/2in strips
    2 tsps of gochugaru
    1 tbsp of gochujang

Drop onions/potatoes/gochugaru into stock, mix in gochujang.

Lightly boil for 12 minutes.

Add frozen shrimp (You could do this earlier I guess)

Lightly boil, 8-10 minutes (Half if fresh)

TURN OFF HEAT.

Take miso paste (3 tbsps is my usual) and strain in via sieve. Toss the extra bits.

Stir togther and serve over old rice or really whatever. Rice works best.

It's kinda like Japanese/Korean/Cajun stew or gumbo.

It's fucking awesome.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So found better than bouillon does a garlic flavor now but been unsure where to use it instead of my trusty actual garlic and garlic salt. Said fuck it and just sautéed some bell peppers in some of that and a little soy and shit made one of the best Asian garlic sauces I've had in just a few minutes. No pictures because fuck you it's just some sautéed peppers but def gunna be using it this weekend for some more pic worthy food

BG Level

i did a long smoke on some salmon today. it was basically perfect. brined overnight in kosher salt/brown sugar solution, rinsed/patted dry. left it on a rack with a fan on for a couple of hours, smoked it at @200 for 4 hours. glazed with honey once after @2 hours. it's amazing.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So found better than bouillon does a garlic flavor now but been unsure where to use it instead of my trusty actual garlic and garlic salt. Said fuck it and just sautéed some bell peppers in some of that and a little soy and shit made one of the best Asian garlic sauces I've had in just a few minutes. No pictures because fuck you it's just some sautéed peppers but def gunna be using it this weekend for some more pic worthy food
    I love better than bouillon but I always find I use way more than suggested and go through it quick.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Boullion is about the saltiest thing in the world besides Milkster so use it sparingly.

You can also try making very garlicky broths and freezing them in small amounts.

I keep chicken and beef stock in cube form in my fridge and just toss the motherfuckers into dishes.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Boullion is about the saltiest thing in the world besides Milkster
    Fucking lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Boullion is about the saltiest thing in the world besides Milkster so use it sparingly.

You can also try making very garlicky broths and freezing them in small amounts.

I keep chicken and beef stock in cube form in my fridge and just toss the motherfuckers into dishes.
    This one wasn't too bad but I like salt.

Unfortunately my kitchen and fridge/freezer space pretty limited so this p good instead

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Tomorrow or Sunday I have a rack of baby back ribs to cook. Half will be salt, pepper, garlic, and curry. Other I don't know. Not sure to use instant pot or bake them. BG Chefs, give me your take on what you would do!

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i would go korean bbq on the other half and bake em.

https://steamykitchen.com/27330-kore...e-video-2.html

Get some gochujang or gochugaru to add if you can (Would go 1-2 tbsp of either) otherwise red pepper flakes are ok sub.

I would only instant pot if you want to do the glazing route after (Put under low broiler and flip every 5 minutes basting after instant pot)

I don't like the instant pot for ribs though and would only do it last resort. Baking is the superior method. If you can brine some for a few hours it'll make a yummy difference. Go straight salt pepper on the brine and make sure it's COLD.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I've never done a brine. I'd need to pick up some gochujang but I'll be in an area tomorrow where I can get some. Baking is fine. Our instant pot is filled with chicken and pork chop adobo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So brewery/taproom down town often hires local catering companies/food trucks to show up and last weekend was this one ran by this old super nice Japanese family and damn it was delicious. Sadly the pic of the ramen came out blurry so doesn't look as good so not bothering. Also fuck you bg not letting me directly upload my pics without first reducing the file size. Having a southern BBQ place there tomorrow... can't wait

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag