BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Last night my wife made my favorite dish, kaldereta. It's great, but there is a little problem. Since she no longer eats meat she doesn't taste the sauce/gravy when cooking. I'll taste before she finishes it, but sometimes you don't get the full picture. This batch is spicy. Is there a way anyone would suggest I can mellow it out just a tad?
    Your wife isn't Filipino any more if she stopped eating meat.

My wife literally won't eat a meal unless there is meat in it or on the plate. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, don't matter. Has to have meat.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Put it over rice

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Salad not even reading

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Salad not even reading
    But have you tried more rice, with cilantro and lime?

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Your wife isn't Filipino any more if she stopped eating meat.

My wife literally won't eat a meal unless there is meat in it or on the plate. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, don't matter. Has to have meat.
    It is very weird to me even tho it's been more than a year of her turning pescatarian (sp?). She actually did try to eat part of a pork chop a week ago and almost threw up. 33 years on this planet as a meat eater until seeing a FB video of animal cruelty in slaughterhouses.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

It is very weird to me even tho it's been more than a year of her turning pescatarian (sp?). She actually did try to eat part of a pork chop a week ago and almost threw up. 33 years on this planet as a meat eater until seeing a FB video of animal cruelty in slaughterhouses.
    That's bullshit btw I went full vegetarian for over a year and my first meat off was a medium rare steak and it was the best thing I've ever had. I know fake vegans that gag at the smell of meat, people are delusional.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Friend of mine went vegetarian for a year in college. After finals were over we went out to a diner and he ordered a double bacon cheese burger.

Didn't puke, but he was in the bathroom for a while after.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Bottom round roast. Usually throw it in the crockpot, decided to do it in the oven. Pleased with the results.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Looks awesome Eragon. Good job!

So out of nowhere on Tuesday wife said let's go to the Mexican restaurant we like and she orders beef tacos. I'm like, uh...what? She said she "spat up" the pork chop because she didn't like the texture and she felt fine. Ate tacos and was fine. She hasn't been feeling well and someone told her it may be lack of iron due to lack of protein because she doesn't supplement protein elsewhere. So, she's back in the meat saddle!

Side note is we started talking about the possibilities of starting a food biz. We live in a county that is 67% white, 22% black, 6% Hispanic, and the rest "other". We have very little choice for food beyond chain restaurants and supermarkets. My wife is an awesome cook and not because I say so but because anytime we've ever had a party or brought her food to our work people LOVE it. Mainly lumpia, pancit, and fried rice. Other dishes like kaldereta and adobo go over very well too. I need to look into what exactly we can do and how to go about it. We have no fantasy of becoming rich but this could be a great option for me to do while getting back into school.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Cooking at home and cooking in a restaurant environment are night and day. Also, if you open a restaurant, plan on living in the restaurant for the first year at least.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

oh hell no. No restaurant at all. I'm talking doing our local farmer's market and very small scale stuff. One of our friends, she was making roughly an extra $100 a week making shit quality lumpia and selling to a few coworkers. We can do much better then that.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

oh hell no. No restaurant at all. I'm talking doing our local farmer's market and very small scale stuff. One of our friends, she was making roughly an extra $100 a week making shit quality lumpia and selling to a few coworkers. We can do much better then that.
    Local festivals and depending on the area taproom and breweries often look for new vendors to showcase their food. You have to take into account prep cost and time, food cost , space to prep and local health and food laws too. Definitely do your research and some people find social networking and even Facebook a a way of advertising to locals.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Local festivals and depending on the area taproom and breweries often look for new vendors to showcase their food. You have to take into account prep cost and time, food cost , space to prep and local health and food laws too. Definitely do your research and some people find social networking and even Facebook a a way of advertising to locals.

Yeah pop ups and food trucks are super big up here and it's pretty great. Breweries, tap rooms, beer gardens even some wineries etc love them because hey people stick around drinking longer with food and they don't have to go thru the cooking hassle. And can easily to random events or catering other times or farmers markets if want more business. Lets you keep your workload flexible and easier to experiment with new items and such. Interestingly ones that do well often open a restaurant too lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So been so busy lately (a lot of it food events lol) haven't done much real cooking and most my yummy noms have been going out and not sure how thread feels about posting that but got some time this weekend finally to experiment

Some chanterelles and yellow onion sautéed in butter with some garlic and focaccia bread

Kind of salad. Red bell peppers sautéed in avocado oil with some garlic, kumatos, marinated artichoke hearts, with a drizzle of balsamic and some feta on top

Meat balls: Start with sautéing some chanterelles and onions like above, let them cool them blend them with ground beef, bread crumbs, oregano, garlic salt and a splash of soy sauce.
    Spinach and ricotta ravioli. Garlic bread from local bakery. Vodka sauce and some pecorino romano on top

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Post whatever my dude. It's been dead since Zet abandoned us and I always forget to take pictures of my meals because it's more about eating and getting the baby to bed than anything else.

If I remember, I'll try to post pictures of the stir fry and curry I made earlier this week when we have leftovers.

BG Level

i am smoking some lamb tomorrow. last time i did this, it was one of the best things i've ever cooked. i'm hoping the encore is even better.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Made "Fathead" pizza tonight - low carb crust made from almond flour , cream cheese , mozzarella and egg.

Topped with some local brand uncured pepperoni, whole milk ricotta cheese , garlic salt and oregano. So yum.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Made some delicious all meat chili the other day in my instapot. Browned some ground beef ,cubed London broil , yellow onion and minced garlic together. Then added stewed tomatoes, beef bone broth tomato paste , chili powder, garlic salt , onion powder , cayenne pepper , red pepper flakes , thyme and oregano until mixed.

1 hour on the soup/stew setting and it came out amazing and the London broil was fork tender falling apart.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Looks good. Do you have access to a grill? Searing the steak on the grill before throwing it in the pot to stew is what I do. I think it adds a nice texture and flavor to the meat.

Made pizza last week. First one wasn't anything fancy. This one was pretty good.

Add finely grated garlic and chopped rosemary to olive oil to brush onto crust.
    Bake for a couple minutes.
    Pull it out and add mozzarella and pecorino romano or parmiggiano reggiano
    Put back in letting the cheese melt and brown.

In the meantime, squeeze juice from half a lemon, a couple tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper into a small bowl. Wash 3-4 cups of baby arugula and drain. Slice or quarter grape/cherry tomatoes. Thinly slice a small shallot. Put arugula, shallot and tomatoes in large bowl, stir dressing well, pour over salad and toss to coat the salad.

Pull the pizza out when cheese is browned and top with arugula salad. Pull apart slices of prosciutto, about a 3oz package, and top. Slice and serve.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Looks good. Do you have access to a grill? Searing the steak on the grill before throwing it in the pot to stew is what I do. I think it adds a nice texture and flavor to the meat.
    Sadly no , though I do have a grill pan and cast iron so maybe I can try something, thanks for the idea!

Your pizza looks amazing wow.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag