BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Not sure if Avocado Toast being so simple is then a negative or a positive.
    I refused to eat Avocado toast for the longest time but holy shit with a sunny side egg on top and Sriracha/hot sauce on real multigrain.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Crockpot Carnitas for dinner came out great.

So took a whole pork shoulder and put in crock pot all day with a packet seasoning. Also took an orange and squeezed all the juice over, and quartered one white onion too, added some bay leaves and salted the meat. Shredded the meat off , put back into juices for an hour to simmer. Then put in cast iron pan with some juices and browned. Then took this al pastor seasoning packet and put under broiler in oven to crisp some.

Topped with some Roja sauce and cilantro lime crema from Costco , perfect!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Every time I Crock-Pot or sous vide shoulder even if I fry or broil if after it's never quite dry/crisp/browned enough for true carnitas.

But that wet ass pork is still good as fuck so it's not a problem even if I've had trouble beating out the smoker for carnitas.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Every time I Crock-Pot or sous vide shoulder even if I fry or broil if after it's never quite dry/crisp/browned enough for true carnitas.

But that wet ass pork is still good as fuck so it's not a problem even if I've had trouble beating out the smoker for carnitas.
    Yeah we try to crisp it up in the oven on broil before we use it after a wet cook

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post

I usually put it under the broiler on a cookie sheet but decided to use my cast iron instead. While I did brown it some on the stove , the broiler worked well after reducing almost all the liquid down.

I probably could have let it brown a bit more on the stove before the broiler but worried about it drying out too much. The benefit of the cast iron is it keeps the heat and can go straight to the oven.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Crockpot Carnitas for dinner came out great.

So took a whole pork shoulder and put in crock pot all day with a packet seasoning. Also took an orange and squeezed all the juice over, and quartered one white onion too, added some bay leaves and salted the meat. Shredded the meat off , put back into juices for an hour to simmer. Then put in cast iron pan with some juices and browned. Then took this al pastor seasoning packet and put under broiler in oven to crisp some.

Topped with some Roja sauce and cilantro lime crema from Costco , perfect!

Gftabbbbnbrlelelll so good

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Irish court rules Subway bread is not bread
    The Irish Supreme court has ruled that the bread served at Subway – a US sandwich food chain with branches in more than 100 countries – cannot be defined as bread.

Under Ireland’s Value-Added Tax Act of 1972 it cannot even be defined as a staple food, according to the Irish Independent, because it contains too much sugar.

The ruling came after an appeal brought before the court by Subway franchisee Bookfinders Ltd. The case rested on whether the bread for Subway’s sandwiches counts as a staple food and therefore is VAT-exempt.

The bread’s sugar content – five times the qualifying limit under the act – means that it falls outside of the legal definition of a staple food. The ruling included white and wholegrain bread. The definition serves to differentiate bread from other baked goods.

“The argument depends on the acceptance of the prior contention that the Subway heated sandwich contains ‘bread’ as defined, and therefore can be said to be food for the purposes of the Second Schedule rather than confectionary. Since that argument has been rejected, this subsidiary argument must fail,” the court ruled.
    lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Man no wonder I fucking love that Italian herb and cheese shit

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

those carnitas look good as fuck. sometimes i will smoke the shoulder first before the crock pot

actually my man malcom reed got a great smoked carnitas marinade and recipe:

BG Level

i am definitely trying that smoked carnitas recipe.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Made some "bang bang" shrimp tacos last night and for a first attempt they were really delicious.

For the sauce I took bottled spicy mayo (Sriracha mayo) and added to taste some Thai sweet chili sauce and combined it.

For the shrimp batter I took some flour , salt and pepper and seasoned the flour well. Dipped jumbo shrimp in egg and then flour and air fryer at 390 degrees for 16 minutes approximately. I flipped them halfway through to crisp both sides.
    I think traditional frying would work better but it wasn't too bad. I think I'll try an actual tempura next time.

Once slightly cooled I tossed them well into the sauce and garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.

For the taco itself I used a low carb flour tortilla and piled the shrimp in , topped with some fresh seaweed salad , more green onions and sesame seeds. It was actually very filling and the flavors really went well together.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Shoyo Ramen

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. I thought I'd ask BG about this.

Now that sis died, I'm designated cook. On Sundays, I like to be lazybones. Do you guys know of some good, tasty crock pot recipes for 3 using chicken, ground beef or beef roast? Thanks. Shadowneko says he'll sous chef for me weekends, I'm hoping I can teach him how to cook a bit better.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I made a really delicious ass rigatoni and ground beef pasta dish with my instapot.

Pretty much just saute garlic and onions and the ground beef a little. Then throw the raw pasta, crushed tomatoes, pasta sauce, water and seasonings in it. Set it for like 10 minutes and then when it's done, add in as much cheese as you want and mix.

I made some bad ass carnitas today too. Pork chunks, chicken stock, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice and spices. Set it for an hour and then tore it apart. Could probably heat up some boxed rice and a can of beans and make some burrito bowl things.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My go to are honey soy chicken thighs

https://www.justtherecipe.app/recipe...arlic-chicken/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Okay. I thought I'd ask BG about this.

Now that sis died, I'm designated cook. On Sundays, I like to be lazybones. Do you guys know of some good, tasty crock pot recipes for 3 using chicken, ground beef or beef roast? Thanks. Shadowneko says he'll sous chef for me weekends, I'm hoping I can teach him how to cook a bit better.
    Turn crockpot to high
    Two chicken breasts on the bottom
    A package of frozen vegetables (or fresh)
    A full large yellow or white onion or two small
    A full bell pepper or two
    A package of button mushrooms
    I'm a spice lord, so this is where I cut up a handful of hot peppers (been using Thai chilies)
    Then your favorite spices - Garlic powder, red pepper flakes, etc
    Two large or three small jars of chicken gravy
    Stir the upper layer together
    Leave on high for 2-3 hours, then low for another 5-6
    When serving, let it cool a little for the gravy to thicken again

This is what mine looked like before the gravy

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Beef stew

A package of frozen vegetables or two
    5-6 small white potatoes
    A full onion
    A full bell pepper
    spices

On the side, take a package of pre-cut beef chunks and cut all of those in half, then brown them in a skillet on the stove, add into mix

Two large jars of beef gravy
    Mix everything together
    High for a couple of hours, low for a few more after that

When you begin to cook

When it's done

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I have a chili of sorts in the pot right now

Can of chili beans
    Can of black beans
    Large can of petite diced tomatoes (drained)
    About six sweet mini peppers (snack size of bell peppers)
    Two small yellow onions
    A package of frozen vegetables (carrots/broccoli/cauliflower)
    Ten Thai chilis
    Ground beef that has been browned on the stove
    For added spice - onion flakes, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and a taco seasoning (Costco almost always carries just one type and it's that one)
    And for the kicker, I poured in a can of a locally made porter beer (first time trying this out)

I'll have it on high for the next two hours then put it on low for the overnight

Before the beer and spices

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So anyone here decent cooking with stainless steel? Replacing my non-sticks and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for cooking eggs/hash browns in them without them sticking.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So anyone here decent cooking with stainless steel? Replacing my non-sticks and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for cooking eggs/hash browns in them without them sticking.
    Get the pan nice and hot before you put in your oil/butter, then let that get back up to temp. When I first started using stainless we were having issues and it turned out to be too 'cool' so if you see a lot of sticking with plenty of fat try upping your temp (within reason).

Also, try not to wash it out with soap. I kinda treat it like a cast iron in that regard (minimal washing only when needed). Most of the time when we get done with eggs/cheese we can just wipe it out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag