Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

My place smells amazing right now. Tastes pretty damn good, too.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'll bug Astylla to post in here. She has a delicious chicken and dumplings recipe for a slow cooker that I can't get enough of.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks Melena. Also btw, you guys good at using up leftovers? If you know or hear of Southerners, you know that when the bovine fecal material hits the fan, we feed who ended up with their butt in the fire. Well, we got a FRIDGE full of leftovers, including two rotisserie chickens, and some shredded chicken AND a family friend just brought over moar food which I'm going to share with Jared's family b/c it's more than we can eat! (We really have np buying food, it's the generosity is embarrasing.)

Anyway does anyone know of a few good casseroles for 3-4 that use up shredded chicken so I don't have to make the same thing every day to keel the leftovers? I'm hoping we can have some Church friends to come over so I can take freakin' inventory of the freezer before we order ANY more meat; Sis had a bad tendency to overorder food from Instacart (and made Shadowneko mad, b/c he was paying for the food) and even tho I portioned it out, I'm still not 100% sure what's in that freezer so I wanna know before we order any more meat! I'd really like to make some kinda casserole out of that shredded chicken that doesn't involve gravy tho. Don't laugh. We got plenty of cream soups (chicken, mushroom), some canned mushrooms oh..bunch of stuff, so even tho we're holding off on more groceries we prolly won't go hungry by any stretch of the imagination.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Thanks Melena. Also btw, you guys good at using up leftovers? If you know or hear of Southerners, you know that when the bovine fecal material hits the fan, we feed who ended up with their butt in the fire. Well, we got a FRIDGE full of leftovers, including two rotisserie chickens, and some shredded chicken AND a family friend just brought over moar food which I'm going to share with Jared's family b/c it's more than we can eat! (We really have np buying food, it's the generosity is embarrasing.)

Anyway does anyone know of a few good casseroles for 3-4 that use up shredded chicken so I don't have to make the same thing every day to keel the leftovers? I'm hoping we can have some Church friends to come over so I can take freakin' inventory of the freezer before we order ANY more meat; Sis had a bad tendency to overorder food from Instacart (and made Shadowneko mad, b/c he was paying for the food) and even tho I portioned it out, I'm still not 100% sure what's in that freezer so I wanna know before we order any more meat! I'd really like to make some kinda casserole out of that shredded chicken that doesn't involve gravy tho. Don't laugh. We got plenty of cream soups (chicken, mushroom), some canned mushrooms oh..bunch of stuff, so even tho we're holding off on more groceries we prolly won't go hungry by any stretch of the imagination.
    This is my go to site and recipe for leftovers and also the best chicken dumplings recipe I make now. I highly advise using chicken bone broth or chicken stock vs water though.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/slow-coo...ken-dumplings/

That site has the best recipes so check it out.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

this thread is making me wana eat more..

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We're having missionaries over for dinner and well, this was leftover from when Laura was alive. (Too big! Big honking picnic ham, and I know only one thing to do with a picnic ham..)

See you in 8 hours...

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess no one's paying attention; anyway..

The crock pot barbecue ended up delicious; we're going to have to rerun it even with the missionaries coming to dinner. Oh and I had a wacky cake out; some call that crazy cake. We had the crock pot barbecue out, a salad, some chips and dessert...

Chocolate wacky cake and ice cream for dessert; I like to keep things simple and I may be trying out some layer cakes on the missionaries later /laugh. If you want to try it, the recipe is no secret: I got the recipe from Sweet Little Bluebird. Anyway wacky/crazy cake is something you can make even if the money situation isn't as good; it was the first cake I ever made back in the day and I still like doing that when I don't feel like making much of a mess.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

My new grill gets here Tuesday but it's also TBC prepatch so stay tuned.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

2006 called and said I already happened.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Decided to try making Korean fried chicken tonight and holy shit it didn't disappoint.
    Really impressed with myself haha.
    I watch a ton of food YouTube videos so was nice to make something I've been eying awhile.

https://aaronandclaire.com/street-st...-dakgangjeong/

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Wife asked if I could make her a chocolate cake with an edible cookie dough layer and peanut butter frosting for her birthday. Came out pretty well. The cookie dough is a dense layer. I suggested a cookie dough frosting, but she wanted the cookie dough itself.

Spoiler: show

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

That looks amazing. Peanut Butter frosting is the fucking best.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by jelkwaz View Post
    That looks amazing. Peanut Butter frosting is the fucking best.
    2nding

And cuz it's the food thread here's dinner from the other night.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Wife has to do a few stages and she's practicing recipes on me. It's a tough life ya know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So okay. Thought I'd ask BG this but..

We're having the missionaries over for dinner again in a few weeks. I'm going to try to make a stuffing and chicken casserole for the main dish but..trying to think about dessert. I've done something chocolate the last few times and would like to do something different this time..

Anyone have some dessert ideas?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    So okay. Thought I'd ask BG this but..

We're having the missionaries over for dinner again in a few weeks. I'm going to try to make a stuffing and chicken casserole for the main dish but..trying to think about dessert. I've done something chocolate the last few times and would like to do something different this time..

Anyone have some dessert ideas?
    Key Lime Pie is an easy option. Graham cracker pie shell (can do premade if even lazier), Sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, key lime juice and zest. 10min bake time. Decent recipe here.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Bardicrune; that might be a idea, tho we do key lime pie for thanksgiving and Christmas! (Natilie Dupree's recipe) I'll think about it. I just want something different than chocolate cake or pie; I like chocolate but there's such a thing as too much chocolate XD.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

What about a cookie? Can make pecan balls, which go well with tea or coffee after dinner. I'm a fan of linzer cookies with a raspberry jam filling.

Could do an angel food cake with fresh berries and whipped cream. Summer is berry season and you can try to find some locally if you have farms in the area.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

A nice streusel

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If you want to go super easy (and no one would complain), I recommend making a berry Charlotte, which is basically a parfait that looks more impressive. The rough sketch is: take a dish (ideally a springform pan), line it (sides and bottom) with ladyfingers, sprinkle a tasty liquid on the ladyfingers (bourbon? coffee?), and then fill it with a berry, whipped cream, ladyfinger (again sprinkled), berry, whipped cream, and decorative berry layers. I recommend lightly stabilizing the whipped cream but not making it so fully saturated with gelatin that it changes the texture substantially. If you don't have a springform pan, using a glass bowl works, still gives a nice presentation, and structural integrity is less important, but you're likely to destroy at least one piece when scooping it out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag