BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    Ivan ramen is even famous in Japan, that dude is legit.
    Yeah, I'm pretty pumped.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post

boneless skinless chicken thighs slowcooked with salt, pepper, garlic, sriracha and a little spicy pickle juice
    onions and orange pepper stir-fried in a pan
    I cook a piece of low sodium reduced fat bacon in the pan before I stir-fried...

I know I know. I've lost 50 lbs though so this shit works.

I put some chipotle chili powder, salt and garlic chili hot sauce on the onions and pepper before cooking.

It's a simple but yummy recipe, the heat builds more and more as you eat it. Great for discouraging overeating.
    that looks fucking delicious but i'm pretty sure it would be very painful for me.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    that looks fucking delicious but i'm pretty sure it would be very painful for me.
    I kinda overdid the spice this time to be honest, it was too hot for me. A good idea would actually to use a sweeter chili. I think it would work better with the partially caramelized onions.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ivan Ramen

Honestly, it was REALLY good but not the best I've had even in NY. May have been because I'm used to pork bone stocks way more then the shoyu (soy sauce) base they had on offer here.

I should have gotten the vegetarian ramen, apparently it's all kinds of ridiculous.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I really like when you posts pictures of your food, but they're so damn big.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I can't be bothered to resize. It's so much effort.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Go put a proper patina on your skillet. Half the tasty stuff is stuck to the pan!

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I didn't take pics, but I made sriracha blue cheese crab-meat macaroni.

It was really good.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Lamb taco/wrap. Lamb marinated simply with smoky chipotle powder and salt/pepper.
    Carrots roasted @ 425 for like 25-28 minutes with a tiny bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, and garlic powder.
    Onions raw sliced with mustard and red wine vinegar and allowed to soak for an hour.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I make braised short rib tacos every once in a while. Cook some onions down, dredge in flour (with salt and pepper) and sear the short ribs in olive oil. Add equal parts stout and beef broth to the pan and simmer for 2-2.5 hours (until fork tender).

In the mean time I make some guacamole; add 1 clove garlic minced, a thin slice of red onion chopped, 1/2 a lime worth of lime juice, 1/3 of a serrano chili sliced, and kosher or other course salt to a bowl/mortar and pestle/molcajete and mash. Add 2 ripe avocado, one quarter/half at a time, and mash with the mixture in the bowl. Add salt & lime juice to taste.

Corn tortillas, some of the short rib shredded, chopped raw onion, fresh cilantro, and guacamole. Can add a fresh salsa, sour cream, and/or queso fresco if you desire. Can also do this for a quick meal with a rotisserie chicken you can pick up at a super market.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I make braised short rib tacos every once in a while. Cook some onions down, dredge in flour (with salt and pepper) and sear the short ribs in olive oil. Add equal parts stout and beef broth to the pan and simmer for 2-2.5 hours (until fork tender).

In the mean time I make some guacamole; add 1 clove garlic minced, a thin slice of red onion chopped, 1/2 a lime worth of lime juice, 1/3 of a serrano chili sliced, and kosher or other course salt to a bowl/mortar and pestle/molcajete and mash. Add 2 ripe avocado, one quarter/half at a time, and mash with the mixture in the bowl. Add salt & lime juice to taste.

Corn tortillas, some of the short rib shredded, chopped raw onion, fresh cilantro, and guacamole. Can add a fresh salsa, sour cream, and/or queso fresco if you desire. Can also do this for a quick meal with a rotisserie chicken you can pick up at a super market.
    I do something very similar with short ribs in the slow cooker. I skip the beer because it just doesn't play well in the slow cooker for me. I usually go with homemade beef stock or I'll do the old red wine, never fails.

I'm going to try some oxtail soon but I haven't found a recipe that demanded to be cooked yet. I'm doing pork tenderloin medallions in a simple reduction tonight with roasted cauliflower and maybe some wild rice. I've been avoiding most starches during my weight loss so far and I'm loathe to get back on that train.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I do something very similar with short ribs in the slow cooker. I skip the beer because it just doesn't play well in the slow cooker for me. I usually go with homemade beef stock or I'll do the old red wine, never fails.

I'm going to try some oxtail soon but I haven't found a recipe that demanded to be cooked yet. I'm doing pork tenderloin medallions in a simple reduction tonight with roasted cauliflower and maybe some wild rice. I've been avoiding most starches during my weight loss so far and I'm loathe to get back on that train.
    For crock pot recipes, I'm a really big fan of the cuban pork shoulder that I believe I posted in this thread at some point. It cooks in a mix of chicken stock, orange juice, and whole blended orange with cilantro. You put black beans around it that suck up all that broth and orange goodness. It's delicious with a fresh salsa. Can also be placed on a taco.

Corn tortillas make everything better.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    For crock pot recipes, I'm a really big fan of the cuban pork shoulder that I believe I posted in this thread at some point. It cooks in a mix of chicken stock, orange juice, and whole blended orange with cilantro. You put black beans around it that suck up all that broth and orange goodness. It's delicious with a fresh salsa. Can also be placed on a taco.

Corn tortillas make everything better.
    I seriously need to find that recipe and make that..fuck it sounds amazing.

Made a taco casserole last night. Homemade enchilada sauce tossed with ground turkey, organic black beans and spices. Layered with organic corn tortillas and reduced fat Mexican blend cheese. Topped with sharp cheddar cheese baked in the oven then under the broiler for a crisp crust. Topped with fresh cilantro. Also heated up amazing in the microwave. Next time i'd add cilantro into the beef mixture before cooking in the oven along with a little lime juice.

http://i61.tinypic.com/oqefrs.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/14v5o52.jpg

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Going to a potluck so gf and I are both cooking tonight.

I'm making bacon wrapped beenie weenies in a homemade bbq sawse

gf making potato skins.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    Going to a potluck so gf and I are both cooking tonight.

I'm making bacon wrapped beenie weenies in a homemade bbq sawse

gf making potato skins.
    You better make more delicious food than her. I'm counting on you to get more compliments.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

IDK, potato skins are a lot better. I went with food that well help with my booze consumption. MMMm greasy greasy bacon

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    IDK, potato skins are a lot better. I went with food that well help with my booze consumption. MMMm greasy greasy bacon
    Make Texas Lollipops. Smoked sausage wrapped in bacon dipped in an apple butter bbq sauce. You slice the sausage into rounds, wrap them, and put a toothpick through them to make them "lollipops." Fucking delicious with a good bacon and sausage.

This is the Cuban Pork Shoulder Recipe.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Found some uni for $22 for the usual box. Was going to make a sauce out of it but just ate it all instead

Best flavor in the world.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

yo, ivan from ivan ramen wrote and article about ramen in US and in JP, very good read.

http://luckypeach.com/making-ramen-in-japan-vs-america/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag