+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

some repost from bg fit thread. have to remind myself to shoot some new:

Spoiler: show

grilled marinated (soy sauce, mustard, some curry powder and spices) chicken breast, sliced up in a lettuce, carrots, beetroot and lettuce salad.

roulade on madeira sauce and some buttered and steamed broccoli + cauliflower.

escalloped white mushrooms filled with a tomatoes, cheese and crème fraîche mixture. lettuce, mozzarella and beetroot salad. sweet potatoes country cuts. marinated (bought) chicken sticks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here's what I found:
    Extra spicy has a red cap:
    http://www.paleczkami.pl/data/gfx/pi.../9/5/159_1.jpg
    This is garlic:
    http://www.paleczkami.pl/data/gfx/pi.../0/6/160_1.jpg
    And onions have a light purple cap.

Also found the green one in another shop, doesn't state if it's anything specific.

Vuitton

Never seen Flying Goose Brand. All sriracha I have ever seen or used has been Huy Frong's Rooster.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...nited600.1.jpg

Here is a NY Times story about the man who created the Rooster sauce and his life.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/dining/20united.html

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    Rich, you a diabetic? also wtf does cinammon do for insulin
    im just a fitness nerd lol. Cinnamon is awesome for digesting carbs, even if they're already complex

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    rich post your braciole again.
    man, im in the mood for ramen lol

i made this with the cheap little 25 cent packs:

i want to make this one:

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Ramen, scratch made everything, except the bowl. ;p

The soon to be turkey stuffing

To meet the bacon requirement, basically fried catfish, cheese grits, more cheese, and bacon, and oh krispy kreme doughnuts

I looked up how to make ramen a while ago, and turned out that the process is pretty simple and straight forward. That being said, I didn't really like how they turned out ><

tips/recipes?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    I looked up how to make ramen a while ago, and turned out that the process is pretty simple and straight forward. That being said, I didn't really like how they turned out ><

tips/recipes?
    im not makng this one specifically, but this is an awesome foundation for making ANY ramen:

i've made one like this before. it might be a 5 min video, but it's actually very difficult for 1st timers and drawn out. it takes a long time

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    Ramen, scratch made everything, except the bowl. ;p

The soon to be turkey stuffing

To meet the bacon requirement, basically fried catfish, cheese grits, more cheese, and bacon, and oh krispy kreme doughnuts
    you did amazing on all of these btw, great job man

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    im not makng this one specifically, but this is an awesome foundation for making ANY ramen:

i've made one like this before. it might be a 5 min video, but it's actually very difficult for 1st timers and drawn out. it takes a long time

Ohh, I should have specified, I meant the ramen noodles themself, but this is pretty good for the rest of the recipe

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ohh, I should have specified, I meant the ramen noodles themself, but this is pretty good for the rest of the recipe
    you know, i've actually attempted this before, and it's just so tedious and strenuous that i just bought the good pre-made ones from the japanese store and called it a day lol. but if you do stumble on it and find a less grueling way to make it, please let me know. im willing to give anything a shot that doesnt take more than 2-3 hours. i might as well make braciole

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

tips/recipes?
    What's the exact recipe that you used? ramen by definition, doesn't use egg, only flour, water, and alkaline salt. (called kansui if you wanna buy, cost about $2 per 10oz at your local asian market). Kansui looks just like water, but it will turn yellow when it come in contact with flour and water, it's what give ramen its elasticity and yellow color. Working with dough, you don't want to knead them for too long, just enough until the gluten is formed and the dough is not sticky, also always rest the dough 1hr+ before trying to roll it, if you push it down with your finger and it bounce back up that means it hasn't rest enough.

I used this particular recipe, and i just put the dough through pasta roller since i don't have the dexterity to pull off the acrobat thing you see on youtube. This recipe will require a stand in mixer, like kitchen aid, I for one wont do it without a stand in mixer, because it's too much work, you can try knead it by hand if you like, just double the time in the recipe for kneading.

5 1/3 cups bread flour or "00" pasta flour + w/e amount additional flour for rolling the pasta
    1 1/3 cups room temp water, more if needed.
    1 table spoon kansui

1. Combine all ingredients, knead on mixer with hook attachment on medium-low speed for 10 min. Dough should form into a ball after just a couple minutes, if it doesnt, add a tablespoon of water until it does. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and rest it in a fridge for at least 30 min- 1hr.
    2. Roll pasta to your desired thickness/setting. If you dont have a pasta roller, just use old school method, rolling pin or empty vodka bottle or whatever to roll the dough, could probably find a video in youtube on how to cut noodles.
    3. Cook ramen in salted boiling water for 5 min. drain and do whatever you want.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

No Bacon?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

For Ramen dinners. You don't have to buy the prepacked noodles & seasoning. Can replace the ramen noodles with a huge variety of noodles. Vermicelli, Lo Mein, Udon etc. For the broth can use a small amount of chicken broth. The seasoning packages are full of MSG and salt. Miso paste also works for a broth.

I'm currently trying to perfect Risotto. It's tough.

Bought this from a Stop n' Shop a few months ago. It subdued my sweet tooth urge for like a week.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Made Chili tonight for the week. Served it over rice with cheese on top, was delicious :3
    (Spoilered for size)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I didn't take a picture of it, but I also made a non-vegetarian version of the chili that was posted earlier. I made a few adjustments, for I am a carnivorous fellow:
    * 1 lb of ground beef, browned
    * 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
    * 3 tbsp of Chili Powder
    * I used about 250 mLs of dark-ish beer (bock) instead of the water. I dumped in about half and drank the rest.
    * Rice to go under it.
    * Grated cheese to go on top.

I'm not entirely confident that I got real Chili Powder, because I'm in Germany (without german) and they had like 7 different kinds. It smelled like it may have been a mixture with Cumin. Regardless, it tasted great in the end and took very little effort.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Stir-fried peppers and onions with seitan over whole wheat soba noodles. DELICIOUS!!

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Next time sear the onions and peppers. Remove from pan then cook the soba noodles. Then toss in the veggies.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

agreed ^

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video