She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Maybe take that rice and cheese casserole and change the mushroom soup up for tomato sauce for a change, and spice it to be Italian-esque? (She usually eats spaghetti just fine.)

And well, when she's not having the squirts, we do get plenty of fiber; whole wheat bread all the time. White bread is ONLY for if you're sick to be honest.

Oh and when she's sick, she eats a lot of Ritz crackers and cheese. Would you believe cheese kinda stops you up?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sorry about the double post but thought i'd ask my fellow BG'ers about something fewd wise. Again. This time it's trying to think of the future ^^

See, last time me, 'Neko and sis went out for a all day church thing, I'd forgotten to put the dinner in the oven. Called home to beg my OTHER brother (I call that guy The Troll online b/c he acts like a fantasy troll. You know, grouchy, holes up in his room all the time, etc.) to put dinner in the oven. He refused to. So we had dinner late that day. (Said guy has depression with anxiety and is major addicted to WoW; not gonna yell at him for it!)

Anyway I was thinking that might happen again one day (not for months, but sometimes stuff happens.). We have a crock pot, so was thinking crock pot dinner if I see it coming, and I usually see this kind of thing coming. We usually have chicken breasts and ground beef (and the usual noodles, as well as tomato stuff and the usual cream soups); I found a salisbury steak recipe that could crock pot; Does anyone else have any other ideas so we can come home to dinner next time?

I promise, next time I do the salisbury steak I'll take a picture tho

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'll light the Astylla signal for you. She has a few crock pot recipes including chicken and dumplings, Mississippi Pot Roast, and a mexican shredded chicken burrito bowl type meals that she does on a semi regular basis.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Search this thread for a Mississippi pot roast recipe zetanio posted. It's delicious.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I've made the Mississippi Pot Roast and the Butter Chicken recipes you'll see them a lot if you start looking at slow cooker recipes, they are really popular but are really good for sure!

Lots of good stuff on the reddit sub too https://www.reddit.com/r/slowcooking/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I’m interested in this shredded chicken bowl recipe.

I like to do honey soy chicken thighs in the crockpot. Season the chicken with some salt and pepper, put them in the pot. Combine 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup honey, minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, mix, and pour on the chicken. Cook on low for 5+ hours. You can adjust the ratios if you want it a little sweeter or saltier, just taste the sauce before you dump it in.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks guys. Subscribed now to that slowcooking reddit.

I'll remember to post up the recipe to that salisbury steak later as well as pics. It's delicious and is lower calorie than you think. I just don't dare do it too often b/c it takes two pounds of ground beef..Tho zee boys lap it up and well, I got two hungry men around here, so isn't TOO bad.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Since our boy Zet became too good for BG this thread has stagnated. I'll try to step up some more in his place.

This is just something I threw together for dinner one night.

Salad greens with roasted beets, walnuts, and goat cheese. Honey & balsamic dressing. Burrata ball with a drizzle of oil and balsamic, topped with a few grains of course sea salt. Jimmy Nardello sweet red pepper and some rosemary foccasia.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Couscous and sweet corn, grilled poblanos, fresh diced jalapeno, cilantro. Lime juice, lime zest, cider vinegar, olive oil to dress the couscous and corn "salad." Topped with pan fried tofu, seasoned with salt, chili powder, and garlic powder and some feta cheese. Would have used queso fresco or cotija, but I'd have to get it from another store and didn't want to drive the extra 20 minutes round trip.

Sweet corn was 4 whole ears, silks removed and rehusked (just peel them back and pull them back up) and brined is 1/3 cup salt to 1 gal water. Can add other aromatics into the brine if you'd like. Herbs, garlic, anise, whole peppercorns, etc. I just did a simple brine. Threw the whole ears, with husks on, onto the grill on a med to med high heat. Stripped the kernels off with a knife after they were cooked through.

1 cup of uncooked tricolor pearled couscous, prepared according to package instructions.

Dressing was 1 tbls vinegar, 2 tbls oil, 1 lime zested, 2 limes juiced, little salt and pepper.

Tofu was an extra firm block, cut in half horizontally, then cubed. Cubes were pressed between paper towels to remove water. Seasoned with garlic powder and chili powder. Pan fried in a HOT HOT HOT cast iron pan with canola oil. Just two minutes per side.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i did scrambled eggs topped with oyster mushrooms sauteed with garlic, ginger, and butter. was stupidly amazing.

just put 3 pounds of sliced pork belly into the smoker. fuuuuck yeah.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So okay BG'ers. Does anyone here know how to mess with a Instant Pot?

A friend of ours gifted us his old instant pot and it didn't come with directions or anything. So recipes/directions would be welcome so it doesn't sit in the storage room by its lonesome!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Instant pot is great. Just google instant pot recipes and you'll get about 80 million responses.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Anyone here can recommend an air fryer? Thinking of getting one like the ninja foodie grill.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Anyone here can recommend an air fryer? Thinking of getting one like the ninja foodie grill.
    We have the Powerair XL, but honestly I think I want something like this because on the sheer surface area:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071GPV6JN...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've used mine only a handful of times, it just takes up space in the garage on a shelf.

Can't recommend getting any at all.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    We have the Powerair XL, but honestly I think I want something like this because on the sheer surface area:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071GPV6JN...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    This is a good one.

They're great time savers. Can even make platino or tostones in them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Last night my wife made my favorite dish, kaldereta. It's great, but there is a little problem. Since she no longer eats meat she doesn't taste the sauce/gravy when cooking. I'll taste before she finishes it, but sometimes you don't get the full picture. This batch is spicy. Is there a way anyone would suggest I can mellow it out just a tad?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Adding dairy when serving (like sour cream or a crema) can help if you can find something that goes with the dish.

Adding more to the dish in general. Basically increasing the amount of servings to dilute the dish as a whole.

Starches (potatoes, rice, etc) can help with reducing spice.

Lime juice or vinegar can help as well.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Potato is already in it and it's served with rice. I suppose I can add some sour cream to help. Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag