+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Don't have a pic but my bf has been cooking this up from time to time lately http://vegetarian.about.com/od/soups...spicychili.htm

It makes a ton so you'd be eating on it for a week prolly, it's also REALLY spicy if you use the recommended items (ie hot salsa). It tastes great though, but chopping garlic takes a bit of time. Well worth it, garlic is fucking delicious.
    For a better mix of beans, try using just 1 can of Kidney beans and mixing up the other two. I personally love using Garbanzo and Azuki beans. Having the different bean mix gives you a wider range of nutrients, not to mention protein! I love chilies <.<

I also cook chilies waaaay longer than most recipes recommend, but I'm also using dried beans 90% of the time, so it's a longer prep time to prepare beans, and then cooking to make sure they are nice and tender.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    I also cook chilies waaaay longer than most recipes recommend, but I'm also using dried beans 90% of the time, so it's a longer prep time to prepare beans, and then cooking to make sure they are nice and tender.
    oh man, me too. and doesn't it taste way better? lol the flavor soaks in so much that way. but i've never used dried beans ;x i cheat and just used cans haha. sometimes i like to caramelize onions with it

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Made my own chili today actually. Had it along with some baked lemon chicken.

Edit: Note on the thread requirement, there's bacon in the chili.

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    oh man, me too. and doesn't it taste way better? lol the flavor soaks in so much that way. but i've never used dried beans ;x i cheat and just used cans haha. sometimes i like to caramelize onions with it
    Oh yeah, always caramelize the onions. Such a better flavor than just adding them raw to boil. Also, dried beans are going to be much cheaper than canned. If I want to make a chili RIGHT NOW then I'll use canned, but if I know in advance then I'll soak some beans overnight

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

I'll add one of my favorite chilies

Pumpkin Turkey Chili!

1.5 pounds ground turkey
    1 onion
    1 golden pepper
    1 green pepper
    1 can of pumpkin puree
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 can light red kidney beans (Or preferred bean)
    1 can dark red kidney beans (Or preferred bean)
    1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 can beef broth
    2 cans diced tomatoes with chili peppers (rotel) <important for spice mixture for the lazy, but most of the time I'll do a can of diced roasted tomatoes and chop op 4-5 fresh chili peppers

salt and pepper the meat along with some garlic salt
    Cook turkey with diced onions and peppers
    Cook everything together in the pot as you would for normal chili, for me this means cooking for 2hours~

Note that I usually end up adding something more like 2T of the pumpkin spice. Also note that the different color items (red/white kidney beans, golden/green pepper) are mostly to give it more color, and you can use whatever.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I wanted broccoli n beef tonight, but i realised i only have ground turkey. So i got some EVOO, soy sauce, garlic, and chili paste and sauteed that up while steaming broccoli. Also added a shitton of mushrooms to it.

It was delicious. Can't really tell the difference between ground beef/turkey if you dont suck at cooking.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Famous Dave's Mac 'n' Cheese
    Yield: 8 to 12 servings
    6 tablespoons butter, divided
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 cups milk
    3/4 cup half-and-half
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
    4 ounces aged white cheddar cheese, shredded
    1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    1 1/2 cups sweet corn kernels, drained if necessary
    2 jalapeños, finely chopped
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    1 pound jumbo elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
    8 ounces sharp yellow cheddar cheese, cubed
    8 ounces Colby cheese, cubed
    1/2 cup cracker crumbs
    1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style) bread crumbs
    1/4 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
    1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Whisk flour into butter until thoroughly combined to form a roux. Slowly whisk in milk, then whisk in half-and-half. Whisk in mustard, barbecue sauce, salt and pepper.
    3. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes to develop the flavors. Whisk in white cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Stir in corn, jalapeños and parsley, then remove from heat.
    4. Stir in macaroni, then cubed sharp cheddar and Colby cheeses. Spoon mixture into a buttered 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
    5. Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs, panko and unseasoned bread crumbs; add melted butter and toss to combine. Sprinkle over the macaroni and cheese.
    6. Bake until bubbly and browned on top, about 40 minutes.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Also buy some Sriracha hot sauce. Even if your shit tastes like ass this will fix it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I make HUGE, XBOX like pots of Chili and Spaghetti Sauce, freeze it in individual (well, 2, me and the wife) size freezer bags, and you got weeks worth of food that can be defrosted and heated up in 15 minutes while you're doing something else.

Also, the best cereal is Capn Crunch in chocolate milk, period. Don't hate, try it.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I make 1 meal but I make it good. Chicks always appreciate it too.

Taco Soup

2lbs Ground Beef (I usually use Pork myself and Turkey works as well)
    1 package of Taco Seasoning (use hot or mild depending what you prefer)
    1 package of Ranch Powder mix
    1 can of Corn
    1 can of Pinto Beans
    1 can of Diced Tomatoes (I use Ro*Tel Mild)
    Bag of Tortilla chips, Sour Cream and Cheese of choice.

Brown the Meat. Mix in the Taco Seasoning and Ranch. Once absorbed, just dump in your Corn, Beans and Tomatoes without draining. Finish heating and Ta-Dah easy and done. Shouldn't take long at all to complete.

Add Sour Cream and Cheese and crumble up Tortilla chips after you've put it in the bowl. It's fantastic. You can add things such as onion and hot sauce to your desire.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    and the meal itself
    http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5663/img0629jk.jpg

2 ribeye steaks, 1.5 cups of veggies, 1 cup of brown rice and creatine drink from Universal Storm that tastes like grape juice. I add about 1 tbs of Cinnamon to help with my insulin from the brown rice and the entire thing took like 5-10 min to cook under 5 bucks. wallyworld is an awesome place, sometimes man
    Quoting for justice. I think I stared at this for 15 minutes convincing myself to get this together tomorrow.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Also buy some Sriracha hot sauce. Even if your shit tastes like ass this will fix it.
    ^

Shit is just something that every pantry should have. I love adding the stuff to rice when I have some.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Rich, you a diabetic? also wtf does cinammon do for insulin

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'll have to bug her for recipe's, but she makes a killer beef stew. Also love her homemade chilli with either ground hamburger, or if your a bit more health conscious, ground turkey. Appetizer wise, she loves to make these grape jelly meatballs that get devoured at any party she brings them to.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

rich post your braciole again.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Where the fuck has this thread been hiding.

I started the Slow Cooking thread but that doesn't mean I don't cook fast like a monster sometimes.

I'll start taking pictures for you fuckers tomorrow.

Here's a few oldies.

Brisket

Crawfish Etouffee

ES #1 HUE HUE HUE
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Super Bad
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I have had like over 9000 people tell me this is gods gift to the condiment world. Guess I will have to buy some.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Which type would be the best btw? I'm looking it up online since I was thinking of getting it ages ago, since BG was so crazy about it and I see 3 types: with onion, garlic and extra spicy. Of course my first reaction would be to get the extra spicy one but I want to make sure (plus, I'm a garlic-crazy person, so there's also a good option)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I only thought there were two kinds: the kind you buy at the american supermarket, which is mild, and the kind you buy at the asian supermarket, which is spicy beyond holy hell. Didn't know there were ones with garlic and stuff

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag