Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Right after PCP's first chapter was released and Ashirogi got the results of the first chapter ranking

173... great chapter

Spoiler: show
    So only 8 more chapters until the end for Reversi... can't wait to see what kind of ending they'll come up with.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

173 is out scanlated and whatnot

I kind of got excited at the idea of them giving Reversi a time skip to do a second half. But I like not only that Ashirogi stuck to their guns of finishing it at it's peak, but even cutting down from 10 chapters to 8. Next couple chapters of Bakuman should be fantastic!

Black Belt
    BG Level

reversi is really is desu note

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

ffffffffffuuuuu so GOOD GOD SO GOOD.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Shed a tear seeing Takagi wanting to make the ending the best so his buddy Mashiro can marry as the number 1 mangaka. Best friends forever!

"That's exactly what makes you Ashirogi Muto." said by Hattori was great too with the nice guy thumbs up pose.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Is anyone else having an issue with manga reader? I've tried on three different locations and I cannot get the images to load. Instead it only show as links

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It happens to me every once and a while, but I just refresh my page once or twice and that usually fixes it for me =X

174... sooooo goooodddddd

Reversi ended with 9 consecutive #1 ranking and ended with a bang! Everybody loved it.

The only thing left now is to see if their tankobon can get #1 in sales (I bet they do).

(And I wonder if Bakuman is ending for real...)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Season 2 of the anime just wrapped up its last episode (and it ended in the storyline exactly where I thought it would too!) and after the ending montage + scene, they previewed and confirmed that a 3rd season will be coming. No confirmation date when though, as far as I'm aware
    Yeah I remember someone saying that in this thread as I was watching it last night, good call.
    But I must admit...I got teary during that last scene. Reading it and seeing it play out had a much more powerful effect on me.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLoki View Post
    Is anyone else having an issue with manga reader? I've tried on three different locations and I cannot get the images to load. Instead it only show as links
    MangaReader's not showing me any manga labeled as 'HOT' :/ Can't get a single image to load in those, but regular manga work just fine. No idea how to fix.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I agree completely. It's probably one of my favourite moments in the entire manga thus far.

Edit: I find mangareader to be pretty laggy most of the time. I go to mangahere more often to get my fix

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Such an amazing chapter. All the talk and hype about Reversi makes me wish it was real and actually want to read it. It's too bad I know how it ends though >_>

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Such an amazing chapter. All the talk and hype about Reversi makes me wish it was real and actually want to read it. It's too bad I know how it ends though >_>

It really is a shame, lol. Cool how they paid homage to Death Note like that however.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So damn good D:

@Sho Paid homage to Death Note? I must have missed that. What was it?

And how'd season 2 of Bakuman end? The train station with Azuki and Mashiro? I didn't follow.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    So damn good D:

And how'd season 2 of Bakuman end? The train station with Azuki and Mashiro? I didn't follow.
    It ends with Mashiro holding the first #1 ranking Ashirogi got in front of their family grave for his uncle to see

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

It ends with Mashiro holding the first #1 ranking Ashirogi got in front of their family grave for his uncle to see
    Ah okay. Thanks.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    So damn good D:

Reversi pretty much pays homage to Death Note-- demons of Light and Dark fighting for their ideals of humanities' destruction (pretty much similar to L and Light one upping each other via humanity). Schwartz's demon looks Ryuk from Death Note as well:

Also the ending of Reversi pretty much mirrors the end of Death Note; the authors got hounded to continue Death Note after the fact that L got killed off, kinda like what may or may not happen in Bakuman in a few chapters.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Whoa mind blown...he even looks like Light lol.

I'm just amazed and shocked at how much artwork and story the authors keep bringing in just one chapter on the weekly. DN will probably always be my overall favorite and I gotta love how Ohba and Obata can spin a story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast