Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Bakuman     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Damn I can't believe it's over either o_o, I hope they do a future shot of it too.

Spoiler: show
    I can't believe it ended like that... I wish I could at least see their wedding.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post

I can't believe it ended like that... I wish I could at least see their wedding.
    Yeah, it was more bittersweet, but at least we got to see a kiss.. pretty sure it's safe to assume that things like their wedding and what not will work out. Still, there's always hope that they put out an 'extra' sort of chapter with a look into the future. Maybe their kids or something.

Loved this manga so very much. Stinks to see it end.. but it had to at some point. I'm gonna miss it QQ

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Loved how it ended just like how they did Reversi. All the people who hate how it ends can go screw themselves.

Looking forward to their next project!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well, always better to leave people wanting more. The last few weeks, they were really build it up every single week just like they did with Reversi. I would like to have seen just a little more closure with the other characters. A where-are-they-now chapter sometime in the future would be great.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

That ending came way too quick, almost wish it had another chapter. =( Really enjoyed this manga though, I'm glad they ended on a high note and as mentioned already, didn't drag it out.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

I had mixed feelings, but the only way to feel better about this ending is to pretend last weeks chapter and this one together is the true final chapter.

Seriously, no closure for Eiji or even Takagi really irked me. I would of even taken Miyoshi being pregnant as a better ending for him. (The whole thank you thing was pretty good though for Miyoshi)

Overall I still liked it, but still a tad disappointed.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Sorry guys, but that ending was fucking epic. It's not always you need an ending for all characters/a "years forward" ending-- Mashiro was the main protagonist, it WAS his story after all. So it's awesome that it began and ended with him. (Sometimes simple, beautiful endings have huge impact as well, especially when it leaves other things up for interpretation.)

Anyways, the anime interpretation will include everyone else in a filler episode regardless along with the wedding. 100% sure of it.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Sho's exactly right. It was Mashiro's story after all, so it's good to see his 'ending.'

Besides, with the previous chapter, we see what people have been up to as it is. Don't always, always need a flash-forward chapter of sorts to see Miyoshi preggers or whatever, and it's still not ruled out that there won't be an extra down the line. Still.. if this is the last of Bakuman we see, I'm perfectly okay with that.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Also I just realized the 2nd opening theme for Bakuman pretty much gave away the overarching timeline of the manga.

"In ten years, I'll be living the dream..." -- I thought it was just lyrics to the song, but I'm guessing the authors had them write it like that.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Big 420 bump.

Season 3 just started up! I dunno how I'm going to react to this season, mainly because I know what's going to happen and I honestly strongly dislike the new antagonist that is going to be introduced soon.

PCP and all the stuff that happens involving it was enjoyable, but I'd rather jump ahead to the future and get onto all the Reversi stuff, but that entails skipping a LOT of content. Albeit, depending on how much they cover this season, it'll be fun watching Eiji own the number 1 spot for 10+ weeks in a row with ending Crow. That part of the manga was actually pretty fun. If I had to take a wild wild guess, I wanna say that this'll be the stopping point of when this season ends, unless they decide to push on hard and get the entire series rapped up.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I dunno if anyone is even watching this anime this season, but they skipped Liarmine's second arc and are already at the Reversi vs Zombie Gun stuff. At the pace they're going with the number of episodes left, it looks like the anime will finish the series completely this season

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

May have to catch up just to see if they'll do a sort of epilogue for the finale.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I hope so, the last Manga chapter was kinda disappointing in how abrupt it was

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I hope so, the last Manga chapter was kinda disappointing in how abrupt it was
    Just watched the last episode (didn't watch the last 2 seasons lol but read the manga). Loved it.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Just watched the last episode (didn't watch the last 2 seasons lol but read the manga). Loved it.
    Did they expand upon it any further than the manga itself did? if so, may try and find it.

Yup

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yup
    Oh nice, what'd they do with it?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yup
    Nevermind, just watched. SO GOOD QQ

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finally managed to get around to watching the last 2 episodes of the series, absolutely fucking loved it. The last episode wasn't only incredibly accurate and true to the last chapter, but FUCK YES THEY ADDED TO THE ENDING!!! Wasn't a ton of filler or blah blah material, but just enough of a touch to give it that extra oomph. Such a good series, in both anime and manga form