BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Finally managed to get around to watching the last 2 episodes of the series, absolutely fucking loved it. The last episode wasn't only incredibly accurate and true to the last chapter, but FUCK YES THEY ADDED TO THE ENDING!!! Wasn't a ton of filler or blah blah material, but just enough of a touch to give it that extra oomph. Such a good series, in both anime and manga form
    I agree. So glad with what they added. They even tied up endings of other characters to an extent as well.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Some fun news, it looks like the duo who made Bakuman (and Deathnote too) are going to be doing a new series in Jump and it's supposed to come out in a few weeks! (Roughly around the May 20th issue of Jump)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Some fun news, it looks like the duo who made Bakuman (and Deathnote too) are going to be doing a new series in Jump and it's supposed to come out in a few weeks! (Roughly around the May 20th issue of Jump)
    Oooo, I wonder what their next series will be, I'm definitely interested.

Same... everything they've done has been excellent.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I hope it's another fun series like Bakuman. Not to say Death Note wasn't fun, but I dunno. I think they do wonderful work with the light heartedness of things.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Huge 3-year necrobump. The live action movie is out and subbed online for anyone who wants to watch it. I'm just starting myself (watching it here) and cannot yet confirm if the subs are any good yet

Edit: Subs were pretty decent. The story was mostly accurate I guess. Took some liberties speeding up certain aspects obviously, and they focused on Money and Intelligence (and even at that, it was kind of remodeled for the movie and not really the same as what was created in the Manga) as the manga that the two got overworked trying to do while in highschool, as opposed to Detective Trap.

It was mostly enjoyable though. And the ending where they listed all the ideas one after the other (Trap, Tanto, PCP, Reversi) actually put a bit of a smile on my face. Ending was left open for a sequel which I kind of doubt will happen but who knows.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Huge 3-year necrobump. The live action movie is out and subbed online for anyone who wants to watch it. I'm just starting myself (watching it here) and cannot yet confirm if the subs are any good yet

Edit: Subs were pretty decent. The story was mostly accurate I guess. Took some liberties speeding up certain aspects obviously, and they focused on Money and Intelligence (and even at that, it was kind of remodeled for the movie and not really the same as what was created in the Manga) as the manga that the two got overworked trying to do while in highschool, as opposed to Detective Trap.

It was mostly enjoyable though. And the ending where they listed all the ideas one after the other (Trap, Tanto, PCP, Reversi) actually put a bit of a smile on my face. Ending was left open for a sequel which I kind of doubt will happen but who knows.
    Did the ending end how the manga did? I'm curious about that.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It didn't go that far. Just until they graduated highschool. Kind of re-wrote the hospital stay part of the story to make it more movie friendly and ended shortly there after.

They also made Nizuma Eiji a total dick, which was a bit of a shame as he was much more charming and likeable in the anime/manga

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Oh wow, that really does suck. I always looked at him just being 'different' while respecting his rivalry with the boys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8