Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    You don't need a SEN monster for Serah really. Just have Serah on SEN and use monsters for the rest.
    You really don't want either to sit on SEN for a long time anyway, switch only when necessary for a quick heal. Unless you want to go the boring and long route that is.
    Your strategy is nice, but the way I describes made the fight retardedly easy. There are more than one approach to every single fight in the game, but thanks for pointing out that there are more difficult strategies to that fight

Using Serah as SEN for that fight is counterintuitive since if she dies it's game over. And yes, it can happen quite easily with her low HP and lack of Mediguard.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Your strategy is nice, but the way I describes made the fight retardedly easy. There are more than one approach to every single fight in the game, but thanks for pointing out that there are more difficult strategies to that fight
    It's not difficult. Why go the lame route when you can have some fun? Since when is "challenge" a bad thing in gaming?
    It's not like you get a medal or something for beating Caius with Wound....
    And I'd rather have a COM monster over Serah if I have to choose. SEN monsters aren't exactly that good. Better yet if you infuse your monsters with some damage resistance passives.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

According to Taiwan's PS.com (with translation support from FF Reunion), the following will be released on the 15th:

Snow and Valfodr: NT$152 (¥400)
    Lightning's Requiem of the Goddess DLC episode: NT$228 (¥600)
    Serah's White Mage costume: NT$114 (¥300)
    Noel's Black Mage costume: NT$114 (¥300)
    Moogle 16 piece costume set: NT$114 (¥300)

The yen pricing are approximations.
    Guess we can expect to see ours on 15th as well.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I haven't been following too closely, but were there ever any real official details about what the DLC is going to be about? Her exploits while Serah and co. were out doing their thing?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I haven't been following too closely, but were there ever any real official details about what the DLC is going to be about? Her exploits while Serah and co. were out doing their thing?
    they have said multiple times its regarding her fight w/ Caius that ends up w. her turning into crystal

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Only have a few days to get 100%. though I do not feel that I need to in order to play the DLC. Some of the fragments really are a pain in the ass to get, Im also missing a wild artifact that I cant find lol.

not much of a spoiler but its about shaz dlc that was crap...
    Spoiler: show

I really do want the DLC I just hope its not as much crap as shaz was... No fighting really!?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sahz DLC was stupid because I inadvertently found out how to beat it in 10minutes by being awful at poker in real life.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

lol so true.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Any help with gilgamesh even on easy I cant make a dent in this dudes HP driving me nuts. I feel like I could get there if he did not stop my com;s from attacking mid fight stagger

his attacks are really weak so I dont even have to use potions. Maybe I should tho? and kick my healer out for a buffer with faith

is there a item that stops that daze attack of his? Thats really the only thing stopping me from kicking its ass. I keep having to switch to healers to take it off and my pets a nub and heals even when I have 5k hp left ~_~

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    Any help with gilgamesh even on easy I cant make a dent in this dudes HP driving me nuts. I feel like I could get there if he did not stop my com;s from attacking mid fight stagger

his attacks are really weak so I dont even have to use potions. Maybe I should tho? and kick my healer out for a buffer with faith

is there a item that stops that daze attack of his? Thats really the only thing stopping me from kicking its ass. I keep having to switch to healers to take it off and my pets a nub and heals even when I have 5k hp left ~_~
    Final Fantasy XIII-2: Gilgamesh (3:47)
    Coliseum DLC

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDXTAygwCTE

Gilgamesh
    HP - 9,999,999
    Common Drop - Power Crystal
    Rare Drop - Genji Glove

Serah:
    Weapon - Gandiva (Chain Bonus Lv 5)
    Accessories - Durable White Cape (75/100), Delicate Magician's Mark (25/100)

Noel:
    Weapon - Grasitha (Chian Bonus Lv 5)
    Accessories - Durable Pain Dampener (75/100), Delicate Power Wristband (25/100)

Paradigms: (Serah - Noel - Monster)
    Cerberus (N) ---------------------------- COM COM COM (Chichu)
    Cerberus (N) ---------------------------- COM COM COM (Chichu)
    Smart Bomb (N) ------------------------ SAB RAV RAV (Cloudburst)
    Relentless Assault (N) ---------------- RAV RAV COM (Chichu)
    Mystic Tower (N) ----------------------- RAV RAV SEN (Goblin Chieftain)
    Solidarity (N) ---------------------------- COM MED SEN (Goblin Chieftain)

Hardly a strategy here other than build his chain using Ravagers and then Cerberus him to death. Few things to note though:

1. Once you're close to staggering him, say around 240%, use Goblin's Feral Link. That will give you all the necessary buffs except En-spells.

2. As soon as he staggers, use your debuffs. All three, Deprotect, Deshell & Imperil will stick in one turn.

3. Immediately after finishing your command for the debuffs, use Cloudburst's Feral Link which should give you those missing En-spells.

4. Then switch to Relentless assault for one turn. That should take his chain to around 650%, which is enough for Chichu to be hitting 90,000+, if his HP is high.

5. In your first Stagger, limit your damage to around 5 Million HP. You don't wanna get below that, or he'll use Enhance Power mode after he recovers. The limit could be at 4.5 Mil HP, as I tested him at 4.3 Mil, and he used Enhance Power. It should be either of those figures, but should only account for a difference of 5-7 seconds.

6. Now, after he recovers from first stagger, he'll be a little more aggressive but not crazy like the Enhance power mode. Use RAV RAV SEN more in this period to build his chain, and heal if needed in COM MED SEN.

7. Follow the same steps when you are about to stagger him, and go all out once he is staggered. This time, it is important that Chichu doesn't get hit with Pain.
    You can do 6+ million damage in one stagger, so you are more than capable of finishing him off.

Other Comments:
    Use Remedies or Wound Potions if needed, even though I didn't need any items in this battle except a Librascope.
    Do make sure that all your monsters have their feral links charged before going into battle.

Good luck with beating him!
    Ive been using this strategy got him to a sliver of hp after about 5 staggers but keep wiping to his enraged mode at the end. I used my chicou for a choco infusion so im using omega instead. having a bunch of elixirs would help too

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    Ive been using this strategy got him to a sliver of hp after about 5 staggers but keep wiping to his enraged mode at the end. I used my chicou for a choco infusion so im using omega instead. having a bunch of elixirs would help too
    I fused chichu into my red choco (lol), and since breaker buffs don't transfer he is super retarded to beat

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

going to work on buffing up my chichu I think; its maxed but iv yet to add other monsters to him(the build takes forever <,< )

But now that I got all the fragments and endings outof the way there is nothing left to do but that. So time to do a lot of work! lol

or I might waste more time on the last two hidden trophy's

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Light's DLC Trailer

Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

sure makes it look like he nearly kills her

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Caius looks like he has a fuckton of HP for this fight.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I fused chichu into my red choco (lol), and since breaker buffs don't transfer he is super retarded to beat
    thx i swapped my red choco for omega and it worked like a charm. beat gilgamesh in 4 staggers and kweh was tearing it up. crystal dropped 1st time too woot

and thus i m 100% cleared on ffxiii2 just in time for diablo lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    and thus i m 100% cleared on ffxiii2 just in time for tomorrow's DLC
    Fixed that for you.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

is the DLC dropping for the US/EU as well then?

that be great I just hit 100%(plat) at 92hours(would of been done sooner but I somehow failed at a CS perfection at some point had to do each boss over again haha)

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Fixed that for you.