• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

NFL Super Bowl XLVI: Super Bowl REMATCH HELL MODE (The Men Who Stare at GOATs)

Dear Demosthenes11, Deejay, et al:

Look, you're all smart guys. Most of you have been posting here a long time. Demos and DJ, your passion for your teams has, at least in my mind, given you the unofficial title of BG representative for the Patriots and Giants, respectively. So, everyone, as we look ahead to Sunday evening, I ask but two simple questions; keep it cordial, and keep it classy. This I ask of you, not just posting to rival fan bases, but to everyone. This is the big one, brohams. And it should be a good one. Unlike most of the country, I am not rooting for anyone, nor am I rooting against anyone. I just want a good, clean, and entertaining game.

I am no mod. I will be hosting a Super Bowl party at my apartment and unable to police this thread in any way during the game, not even with the measly "Report Post" button. So I have no recourse if you or others choose to ignore my plea. But the Super Bowl brings out every fanboy, lurker, troll, and other such undesirable to our humble piece of the Internets. Please, stay above the fray.

I have faith in you both, Demos and DJ, and in all the NFL thread regulars. Except you, Leroy.

Love,
    Breggy

Last week
    Pick: 0-1
    ATS: 0-1

Overall
    Pick: 172-95
    ATS: 138-122-7

Sunday, February 5th

6:30pm EST, NBC

NY Giants versus New England (-3) - Well, we're finally here. Roger Goodell has punished us all with the Pro Bowl, and our reward for enduring such filth is that the Super Bowl is mere days away. There are plot lines aplenty; a rookie linebacker who survived cancer, a game-changing sensation with a bum ankle, a quarterback looking to escape from his brother's shadow for good, while his rival tries to avenge the loss from four years ago. That game, Super Bowl XLII, looms like a behemoth over any discussion of Sunday's contest. Sure, the rosters are drastically different, but it's two coaches, two quarterbacks, and two franchises squaring off again with the memory of one of the greatest upsets in Super Bowl history still fresh in everyone's mind.

So what's different? We trade Joe Buck/Troy Aikman, Jordin Sparks, and Tom Petty for Al Michaels/Cris Collinsworth, Kelly Clarkson, and the withered husk of Madonna. Take that for what you will. But more importantly, the line in 2008 was Patriots (-12). Are the teams that much more evenly matched this time around? New England doesn't have the gaudy offensive numbers, or a healthy and attentive Randy Moss, but there's no doubt they have the ability to put up just as many points in a single game. Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, and Wes Welker make up the three most dangerous non-African-American targets, I'm guessing since the Eisenhower administration. And while the defense is a little softer, they still get turnovers in bunches. The Giants, meanwhile, come into Indianapolis with a ton of momentum. After pummeling Atlanta and Green Bay, they squeaked by the Fightin' Vernon Davises 49ers on the strength of a turnover-free game by Eli Manning and everyone else who didn't take a football to the knee. In the midst of all the focus on the offenses, Jason Pierre-Paul is the one guy on either defense that, in my opinion, can take over a game of this magnitude.

But I'm picking the Patriots for a few reasons. First, Leroy Curse. I will believe no "reverse curse" nonsense. Second, I felt like San Francisco found ways to get to Eli and put him on the ground quite a bit. I have faith that Bill Belichick will look at the weaknesses along New York's O-line and do the same thing, and the odds of Eli pitching another perfect game while he's getting knocked around like that are pretty slim. Third, I don't think New York's linebackers and secondary can cover all the targets Brady has to work with. And lastly, the stigma of being a huge favorite and a perfect season on the line is gone for New England. I think they realize they're lucky Billy Cundiff yanked that field goal wide left, or else they might not even be here. They'll be focused, and there's no reason for the Pats to let New York hang around and David Tyree them again. Or is it Victor Cruz them? Mario Manningham them? Who cares, it ain't gonna happen. Patriots win and cover.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

LOL'd hard at Demo and Deejay being smart and classy.

I also believe in the Leroy curse. Just ask Josh Freeman. Before Leroy posted a picture of himself, Josh was playing well. After Leroy posted his picture, Josh was shitty.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    LOL'd hard at Demo and Deejay being smart and classy.

I also believe in the Leroy curse. Just ask Josh Freeman. Before Leroy posted a picture of himself, Josh was playing well. After Leroy posted his picture, Josh was shitty.
    lol...

idk who i want to win. i kinda wouldnt mind if neither team did, but thats obviously not gonna happen. i think im basing my cheering as to who i'll be able to stand more, if their team wins on this forum: giants fans (deejay being the most vocal) or pats fans (demo being the most vocal). i'm at a loss who i want to win. i'm not sure who i think will win yet either. should be a good game though (i hope). i, too, will be out enjoying the festivities with friends, so this is a pre-emptive "i hope you all enjoy the game."

Old Merits
    BG Level

If i don't see a Cruz Salsa dance so help me god....

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I feel like Deejay's pro-Giants shtick is more of a farce than Demos11's pro-Pats

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

No matter who wins here we all are losers for watching this =/
    yawn of a superbowl but my pick goes with the derp giants.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Giants are going to win. I predict Deejay makes Tom Brady cry.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I already told you fags that Giants are winning.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ferris Bueller and Seinfeld commercials will be epic!

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

not even going to watch the game, lol. At least FEB 6 will be somewhat interesting since teams can officially start signing their own players before FA starts in March.

Next superbowl is going to be bad ass though, feb 3rd game in the superdome and mardigras will just be starting on that friday before the game.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Giants win by 14.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Giants win by 14.
    So the pats only gonna score a FG?

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    So the pats only gonna score a FG?
    31-17

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Oh man oh man oh man oh man

Arod breaking his twitter silence. My little heart is going pitter patter

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I've got the Giants, 34-28, in a fun game. Leroy, die in the fire of 1000 suns.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I hate the Giants so naturally they will win. I'm not even sure I'm gonna bother watching it since I have to be up at 4am the next day. Maybe the 1st half if I remember it's on, which I probably won't.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Only way the giants lose this game is if Eli trips over his own gigantic dong and fumbles the ball repeatedly

Demosthenes11

some major fair-weather faggotry going on in this thread if some of you won't even watch the SB against 2 pretty evenly matched teams, in a rematch of one of the best super bowls ever. Pretty sad some of you can't look past where a team plays to watch good football.

I'd watch a browns/vikings superbowl and be fucking happy watching it

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    DEROCK LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    some major fair-weather faggotry going on in this thread if some of you won't even watch the SB against 2 pretty evenly matched teams, in a rematch of one of the best super bowls ever. Pretty sad some of you can't look past where a team plays to watch good football.

pats can't play tough football brah

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast