Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Relic +2 Discussion (Not related to discovering or confirming effects)

Maybe now there will be? Though tbh it sounds well kinda useless. Would be kinda cool nice on other pet jobs like bst or pup but meh on drg

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If you aftercasted Wyrm Brais +2 for a second after a WS they'd probably work with no real penalty to TP/WS sets to utilize them. How much does retaining 25 tp affect your next Healing Breath then?

This would actually be one of the more usable pieces compared to most, since equipping it for the effect isn't affecting anything you do...

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    If you aftercasted Wyrm Brais +2 for a second after a WS they'd probably work with no real penalty to TP/WS sets to utilize them. How much does retaining 25 tp affect your next Healing Breath then?

This would actually be one of the more usable pieces compared to most, since equipping it for the effect isn't affecting anything you do...
    It depends on whether SE pulls through with their Empathy enhancement. As it stands, you're looking at 4 merits into Strafe at most, so 20TP. I haven't tested the effect of TP on Wyvern breath, but hopefully I can get that done before the update hits (Which ends up modifying wyvern HP apparently) since the general formula is now more precise than before.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Rather have 5/5 Deep Breathing 5/5 Angon. 5min recast on DB saves me often in Dynamis and other solo events.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Deep Breathing (as well as all the other timer reduction merits) are slated to be changed to some other enhancement, with the timer being a flat 5 minutes (or whatever the old 5/5 time was).

At that point, a lot of merit distributions are going to change I think.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Pretty nuts because with Wyvern XP Bonus and the best HB gear available, HB3 heals for 980ish and DB+HBIII heals well over 1600+. (This is utterly broken and expoitable as DRG/Mage with enough HP gear in your precast HP trigger macro. I can get ~2.4k HP on DRG/RDM which means I can activate my 1k Healing Breaths at about 1.2k HP, and since they're buffing DRG HP soon, I can probably get close to 2500 which means an even higher HB trigger. In other words DRG is invincible unless the mob can one shot us at 1250 HP or kill/sleep/amnesia/petrify the wyvern. This means we can probably solo almost all old content with the right sub and gear. It also means DRG has a more effective healing ability than RDM and SCH and as far as DD's Chakra is a joke compared to HB. 300-500 HP every 3min vs 1k+ every 60 seconds or under 50% as /Mage? Hell yeah!

If multiple merits enhance the potency of DB further, it would be complete overkill. Oh I even forgot that HBIV's potency with XP bonus and gear is over 1.1k and DB comes close to 2k.
    Maybe they can add a Cureskin effect to Deep Breathing healing breaths in that case. With merits, it could be a 50% stoneskin effect with 5/5 which could be pretty nice.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I moved the posts because the moment we entertain highly subjective opinions is the moment it ceases to be math material.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Doesn't Dread Spikes have a cap based on HP that makes it's duration relatively irrelevant?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    Doesn't Dread Spikes have a cap based on HP that makes it's duration relatively irrelevant?
    Yeah, but you don't tend to hit it if you're using Third Eye or a PDT set as your primary defense and Dread Spikes as the backup, not to mention Emp+2 body boosting the max absorbed as well or Nether Void Drain II (now on equal recast) really pushing that max absorption up.

If the mob is strong enough to hit you hard enough to max out your absorbtion from NV Drain II -> DS Dread Spikes between Third Eyes you're probably dead anyway.

If the mob isn't so strong, you go NV/DS Drain II and ride the HP boost longer.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fair enough, my DRK knowledge is limited. The one DRK I know never uses Third Eye >_>

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    This is interesting. BGWiki says Absorb spells, but if this includes Dread Spikes and Drain II then 5/5 Dark Seal is now rule #2 of DRK Group 2 once you have +2aug head. Can anyone say otherwise on this affecting Dread Spikes and Drain II?
    Can't imagine any DRK giving up DE for 5/5 DS.

Going to change from 5/5 DE to 4/5 DE 1/5 DS.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Can't imagine any DRK giving up DE for 5/5 DS.
    Because +20 Accuracy has almost a single application anymore (T6 Jeuno) and is easily alternatived by making smarter gear choices (I'm looking at you Ace's Legs/Feet) or eating Pizza instead of RCB.

So you're gonna pass up (potentially, still unconfirmed) +50% Dread Spikes or Drain II HP Bonus duration, remember it's 10% per merit, so your 1/5 isn't cutting it, for +20 accuracy you might need on maybe three mobs in the entire fucking game, but these fights do also last longer than three minutes so it's not a full-time buff even.

Diabolic Eye has always been a joke, even with up/down sets in the merit era on known evasion targets and especially after Pizza was introduced. It was just the least crappy of our Group 2s to pick after Desperate Blows.

If +2aug head affects Dread Spikes and Drain II then every DRK should be 5/5 DB 5/5 DS once they have it.

Spoilered for personal appeal to common sense shit that shouldn't be taken too seriously but will be anyway:
    Spoiler: show
    I used to think Apoc made people retarded, kinda like how Maat's Cap people can't play any of their jobs well. You proved this wrong time and again, but you're dangerously close to invoking it here. Stop and think about what events actually need +20 accuracy 3/5ths of the time versus the 100% of the game you could be utilizing extra Dread Spikes or Drain II HP Boost duration. Seriously, you're being dumb about a group 2 merit that was scraped from the bottom of the barrel just as 'well fuck, I need to cap out my DRK group 2s now that I'm 5/5 DB. Muted Soul? LOL. Dark Seal? I have a decent casting set, so nah. Diabolic Eye? A level 25 MNK JA with an HP penalty? I guess I can use that". Diabolic Eye is just the last kid to be picked for your playground football team because Muted Soul rides the short bus and Dark Seal is in a wheelchair. This doesn't make him special or useful.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Isn't this only with dark seal active? Woo +50% duration drain2 hp bonus/dread spikes(likely going to wear off before the duration is up anyways) once per 5mins. Don't really see this being game breaking, and diabolic eye can be quite useful on highly evasive targets. We still don't even know if this is confirmed to be on anything but absorb spells as well, so you seem to be getting a bit too worked up.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yes, only once every five minutes. Yes, this beats the everliving hell out of Diabolic Eye shaving a bit less HP. 4/5 DS 1/5 DE might be acceptable. If you want something relevant and useful in more than three fights in the entire game then Dark Seal with +2aug head should be your pick anyway, not 'Focus with an HP penalty'.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah I would go with 4/5 DS 1/5 DE if it ends up working on dread spikes and drain2 then i guess. I forgot about DE being minimum duration at 1/5 now for a sec.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Yeah I would go with 4/5 DS 1/5 DE if it ends up working on dread spikes and drain2 then i guess. I forgot about DE being minimum duration at 1/5 now for a sec.

Exactly, no reason not to have atleast 1 merit in DE. It is a huge damage increase when that 20acc is needed. Which is more then just a few mobs for 99% of the DRK crowd.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I used to have 4/5 DE because I had a use for DE every now and then, and never for DS. But with VW and Mythic Upgrades, DS is has been way more useful than DE has been and I'm now 5/5 DS. I don't think Dread Spikes or Drain II HP duration are useful at all, but it comes down to the way you play. Granted I'm in a different position due to Mythic and access to mules, but I just don't see DE or DS being super useful, even with a +50% increase in duration to abs, dread, or drain II.

Maybe I'm just a horrible DRK (I know I'm behind the times a bit). That said, and back on topic, I'd be very interested to see some data on the 50% increase to duration when using DS. Esp when how it pertains to Abs spells and the Abs spell enhancement gear.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

25 TP adds like 6 HP to my Healing Breaths lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    I used to have 4/5 DE because I had a use for DE every now and then, and never for DS. But with VW and Mythic Upgrades, DS is has been way more useful than DE has been and I'm now 5/5 DS. I don't think Dread Spikes or Drain II HP duration are useful at all, but it comes down to the way you play. Granted I'm in a different position due to Mythic and access to mules, but I just don't see DE or DS being super useful, even with a +50% increase in duration to abs, dread, or drain II.

Maybe I'm just a horrible DRK (I know I'm behind the times a bit). That said, and back on topic, I'd be very interested to see some data on the 50% increase to duration when using DS. Esp when how it pertains to Abs spells and the Abs spell enhancement gear.

Neither are super useful. DE can take you from 88% ACC to cap on tier6 mobs and some of the Dynamis NMs. Which is my argument for atleast having access to it. Same reason you should atleast have access to DS, how you want to distribute the merits will depend on the player.

And you are not a horrible DRK lol

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Which is more then just a few mobs for 99% of the DRK crowd.
    Won't contest that 99% of DRKs are utter gimps, so I guess you're right there.