Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh yeah, I actually confused the two, was thinking about the moment they turned to Cie'th - I also believe that was her doing. Generally they succeeded thanks to her intervention.

Yeah, she did not wanted the world to be destroyed and intervened to grant them victory not just take them out of crystal post end.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Well if you think about it, she bought 1 millennium worth of time for the people. She was the one who scorched fangs brand 500 years before fall. If that didn't cause any enough changes to the timeline for yeul to be affected it makes you wonder if they could have succeeded to begin with. Or maybe it wasn't averting the catastrophe that caused contradictions than it was the removal of their brands that did.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Well if you think about it, she bought 1 millennium worth of time for the people. She was the one who scorched fangs brand 500 years before fall. If that didn't cause any enough changes to the timeline for yeul to be affected it makes you wonder if they could have succeeded to begin with. Or maybe it wasn't averting the catastrophe that caused contradictions than it was the removal of their brands that did.
    I seem to remember one of the fragments saying something to the effect that she was able to open the gate and change things but because she was slowly fading she couldn't shut it before some chaos escaped and time started going crazy.

Going off memory there, might be wrong?

Edit: so just to make it relevant to the above, previously shed intervened without causing major harm, but the recent ones were too late as she was bordering on dissolving into the void or whatever

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Ah yeah that's right. So 500 years ago she was strong enough to change the future and fix the timeline in such a way that paradoxes didn't occur. Maybe only 1 Yeul was sacrificed for that change. Or that her lifespan was shortened but not by much since it merely delayed the fall of Cocoon rather than stop it completely

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just putting bits from the back of the strat guide since I still saw some questions. Know it doesn't give much info, but it give you an idea?

Spoiler: show
    How can Snow travel through time? Is this related to his new l'Cie mark? What is the story behind this?

Daisuke Watanabe, Lead Writer: "After the events of Final Fantasy XIII and the disappearance of Lightning, Snow firmly believed in Serah's memory. As a consequence he set out to save Lightning, Fang and Vanille and intentionally approached a fal'Cie, anticipating this would enable him to travel through time. He then found a Gate and set forth on his long journey.

Snow's story up to when he met a fal'Cie will be revealed in an official novel to be published soon in Japan. The later part of his journey is detailed in the game in the form of texts made available as the player retrieves Fragments."

How do Sazh and Dajh travel through time and appear in the final scenes?

Daisuke Watanabe, Lead Writer: "At some point, Sazh and his son Dajh got caught in Serendipity, but they came out alive having won a gamble of fate. The full details of this story will be revealed in a planned DLC release."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ugh, I was really hoping they would show Snow's path in-game and not through novels...

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My question is why is Etro's becoming weaker as time goes on? Is it the Chaos that is eroding her?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Possibly, the mythology seems to mention that Muin was consumed by Chaos, so the same might be happening to Etro.

Also, when I was reading about that stuff one thing occurred to me: isn't the ending actually what Orphan also wanted to happen? I mean Buniberzei left his fal'Cie with the task of opening the Door to the Unseen World, and here we have it. I wonder if that would mean Buniberzei will wake up from his crystal stasis

Ok so I just watched the paradox ending for Dying world and it tells a story about how Caius wished to protect the Seeres after the war of transgression and Etro gave him his heart so that he could have that power. So basically once again Etro fucked herself...timeline is a bitch...

And here's what Caius says in the secret ending:

You have tried every timeline, every reality realized.
    Still, the Goddess is no more.
    Now, there is no-one to erase her end.
    Unknowingly they lived up to my expectations.
    The end of their journey to save the world was the stopping of the Goddess' heart.
    Let us start anew, Yeul, finally freed from the cursed eternity.
    A new world without a Goddess.

I give up to understand where they going with all this

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F...tasy#Mythology

Too lazy to copy-paste, but whenever I saw the JP ending I started looking at the original FNC mythology that SE created, and it seems like the world's fate is inevitable. However, if you consider Valhalla to be the "Unseen world" then Caius will awaken Buniberzei(Bhunivelze or w/e in english) then who knows what's going to happen.

My theory is that Lightning will replace Etro and continue Muin's last words of keeping balance between the unseen world and the mortal world. I think we might end up fighting Bhunivelze/Caius in the future through either DLC or a future sequel. I wonder what Serah saw in the future right before she died?

Edit: I'm extremely tired/sleepy, some of this shit might not make sense.

Edit NVM

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I've got a couple of Qs regarding Serah's death:

- Yuel warned them not to take Caius on because she could no longer see a future, so how did Serah have that last vision? (unless it's implying there's still a future to come of course)

- Does Serah's death mean she's going to do a Yuel and return to the chaos to be reborn again anyway? Or maybe she'll go to where Caius wanted to be with all of the spirits of the previous Yuel or whatever.

Not that I mind Serah dying particularly, she was kind of lame, I'm just wondering how concrete it is considering all the crazy stuff at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    I've got a couple of Qs regarding Serah's death:

- Yuel warned them not to take Caius on because she could no longer see a future, so how did Serah have that last vision? (unless it's implying there's still a future to come of course)

- Does Serah's death mean she's going to do a Yuel and return to the chaos to be reborn again anyway? Or maybe she'll go to where Caius wanted to be with all of the spirits of the previous Yuel or whatever.

Not that I mind Serah dying particularly, she was kind of lame, I'm just wondering how concrete it is considering all the crazy stuff at the end.
    I'm assuming there was still some kind of possibility of future when they were on the ship because the chaos dint come in so she seen a last vision because in that short moment timeline still existed. Yuel could not see the future may refer to the fact she was in Valhalla where there is no future or past.
    Right now Serah cant get reborn because the world became like Valhalla and there is no cycle of life. However, she may not necessarily be dead, there can be another version of her alive, because of the timlessnes.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Wait what the fuck. I was perusing through the Fragment list, and I found the Chocochick Down fragment. So apparently the baby chocobo that Dajh had was a girl and he named it Chocolina. So eh... Chocolina has been with us the entire time?

Rofl. I don't know whether or not to take this seriously.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    Wait what the fuck. I was perusing through the Fragment list, and I found the Chocochick Down fragment. So apparently the baby chocobo that Dajh had was a girl and he named it Chocolina. So eh... Chocolina has been with us the entire time?

Rofl. I don't know whether or not to take this seriously.
    That shit's canon.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Thanks for those explanations, one other question:

Why did Hope even need to build another cocoon? The previous one fell and appeared to cause minimal damage (Academia, the city built right next to cocoon was unharmed, let alone the WHOLE WORLD getting ruined). Is there some expectation that the fall of cocoon was going to be the first in a chain of events that led to the world going nuts so they needed an arc? Because I thought in noel's timeline everyone died from war and cocoon falling whilst people were still inside.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Because they missed their planet and wanted to go back?

I think the base of cocoon when it falls and crumbles acts kind of like a radioactive dust. Crystal sand basically starts causing death all around. In Noel's future they cant grow anything, thats why they have to hunt, it is a dying world. Also, Grand Pulse still remains as a very rough place to live in. Hope wanted to create utopia basically where people wouldnt have to worry about fal'Cie or any wild beasts.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Not sure thats all bout radioactive before in the ending, they let the old cocoon fall and crash on pulse, so unless they plan to bring everyone to cocoon and no one else live on pulse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast