+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIII-2: Plot Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    Where's this "leaked" Versus XIII story? I see Gokulo's post, but it provides no link and google isn't really helping me. Or is this about something else than that fan-fic?
    Posted in the versus thread a few weeks back, no idea how authentic it is but it seemed pretty extensively planned and thought out. It's very detailed and specific so I expect as we get more info this year it'll be disproved or not very quickly.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Where's this "leaked" Versus XIII story? I see Gokulo's post, but it provides no link and google isn't really helping me. Or is this about something else than that fan-fic?
    He said it was just a well developed fan-fic.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I read it in the Versus topic, fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Edit:
    Nvm it, reading more behind that stuff it is indeed just fan-fic stuff.
    Is it though? Did the person who posted it confirmed it or what? (Edit question answered in post below)

If SE wants the FNC to be crazy, end Versus XIII that way (also connect it with FFXIII).

Here's how I'd connect it (again major spoilers for Versus XIII if true):

Spoiler: show
    After it is revealed Noctis is the Nothing and actually the supreme being of the FNC universe all along (and in fact he created everything to use as a training exercise for himself, so he can one day become strong enough to break free from the universe to devour other universes).

Vanille (turns out she was a *Flawless l'Cie from Novus from 20,000 years ago) absorbs the power of Chaos by using her brand on her left iris (that was hidden... which contrasts with Noctis brand on his right eye!).

*Long story short but <insert background info that explains what Flawless l'Cie are and how they can absorb Chaos and how they are awesome and can only be branded by being awesome like Vanille is awesome>. Also Vanille was totally part of the Nine from Novus created to fight the Nothing.

(Disclaimer - I changed some things from the Versus XIII link. The Flawless were just regular crystals that simply weren't corrupted by the Nothing yet. I changed it to make Vanille overpowered because I love Vanille, so therefore she is overpowered.)

Anyway the two fight but Noctis/the Nothing keeps coming back (it can't truly be defeated).

So Vanille does the only thing possible - She combines with Noctis / the Nothing (sort of similar to Vanille + Fang into Ragnarok but they stay in human form for coolness factor) and "they.... become one!".

Que something similar to trailer for Wrath of the Lich King where Vanille's friend (with Vanille originally being from Novus) goes:

Cocoa (see what I did there?): My friend... the day you were branded... the very forests of Novus whispered the name "Vanille". (Obviously because Vanille is that awesome.)

Que epic cutscene where Vanille/Noctis finds an icy planet to sit on a throne (to mimic the WotL trailer) then gets back up to display their epic powers.

Cocoa: And I know you will show restraint when exercising your great power (Vanille).

Vanille then busts out her Scythe (ATB Skill Death = Scythe fits right?) and uses it to break the ice then they summon corrupted fal'Cie (which includes Titan and Bhunivelze) with their power (now controlled by Vanille/Noctis). Also a big explosion occurs because irony needs to happen.

Then they break free from the universe to devour other universes (not Vanille but Noctis leading them). To be continued.... in FINAL FANTASY XIV!!!!! Oh noes! Evil plan by SE to make people get FFXIV! (Same strategy by Blizzard except more epic and actually planned from the very beginning!)

Also there are totally several hints that show that Vanille is really the counterpart to Noctis:

1. Vanille is outgoing and active, while Noctis is reserved and shy (according to SE).

2. Vanille dislikes having to hurt and she tries to avoid it as much as possible, while Noctis doesn't care. Also Vanille wants to save worlds, while Noctis wants to devour worlds.

3. Vanille is hotter, while Noctis is much less hotter. Both Fang (and totally Lightning too, both from Gran Pulse) and Cocoa (friend from Novus) want Vanille, while we don't know of anyone that wants Noctis (so Vanille is clearly objectively hotter than Noctis).

THEY WERE CONNECTED ALL ALONG GUYS!!! See how they are counterparts to each other? Truly Noctis required Vanille to be complete.

True story.... Of course that (Vanille + Noctis combining) really ends up being one of the 4 "what if" endings you can get in Versus XIII when you play Vanille's part where Cocoa (her friend) sends Vanille from Novus to Gran Pulse (and gets inserted with fake memories then becomes "Oerba Dia Vanille" from Etro). You play out the part where Fang turns into Ragnarok then you have 4 choices - Let Cocoon fall; absorb Chaos (which branches into two more options: Escape from the Nothing by breaking free from universe using the absorbed power of Chaos or fight the Nothing and combine with it to become one!), fight Fang/Ragnarok using Novus l'Cie powers (but magic aggro the Nothing, who is on Novus, and risk the end of everything as we know it), and finally of course call out to Etro to crystallize her and Fang (what actually happens).

So the ending where Vanille + Noctis combine (and mimic the WotLK trailer) is actually a "what if" ending in Versus XIII.

Really what happens at the end of XIII-2 is that all the Chaos released is absorbed by Vanille's Novus l'Cie brand. She breaks free from her crystallization, then breaks the Divide (which undo Lightning's turning into stone and Serah dying, syncs the timeline with FNC, and also leaves Caius crying with Yeul being disappointed at him), then breaks free from the universe and is lead to the universe of FFXV by her brand.

At the end of FF Versus XIII (which happens later after XIII-2) - Noctis finally becomes strong enough to break free from the universe and heads for the universe of FFXV too.

Vanille and Noctis fights in an epic battle to determine not the fate of one universe but the fate of all them!!!!!!!11 (Also the universe of FFXV is the same universe Vana'Diel is in!!!!)

(With FFXV being a single player FFXI of course.) Well either that or they head to the universe of FFXIV and Noctis becomes a boss in an expansion pack but no one wants that right" (inb4 SE copied Blizzard)

(Also the Nothing has a big magic aggro that detects Vanille's Novus Flawless l'Cie powers hence why she never uses them in FFXIII+. Etro sealed her memories of her past on Novus and inserted fake ones.)

(Also Gran Pulse is really inside the "Divide" which is sort of a semi-universe on its own with its fake artificial timeline that was created by Etro and powered by the Moon Cryst with the latter being powered by the Nothing which was all a plan all along to strengthen everyone, so it can fight them, so it can one day break free from the universe, so that it can setup the storyline for FFXV or appear in an expansion pack for FFXIV. True story.)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Huh my little wordpress site stats are showing someone posted my blog here.

Well anyways folks, I wouldn't take the Versus 13 information seriously. A friend of mine sent me all the information you see there (The top half of the blog post) that he received on an IRC chat channel... So I can't say how authentic it is myself. I later added the second half of the blog post after googling some key words from everything and finding some asshole from GameFAQs that had similar information and a totally ridiculous livejournal fan fiction site.

I don't think you guy would need to worry about all that information. Unless Nomura comes out in new interview in a magazine and decides to detail some bits about the group or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    Edit: I'm too lazy to type it up, but if you look at Datalog > Histories and Myth > Death of a Goddess it shows some pretty interesting stuff about Lightning. I don't think she's protecting anything now. I also don't know how she was put into a Crystal Sleep if Etro's is truely dead.
    Final Fantasy XIII-2‘s Lead Writer (Daisuke Watanabe) was recently interviewed about this in a strategy guide. Unfortunately this forum won't let me post a URL so just google the guy's name with 'strategy guide' or something. Here is what was mentioned in the interview.

The throne of Etro that appears in The Void Beyond is empty for most of the game. This symbolizes the ever diminishing power of Etro.

However, in the ending, Lightning sits on the throne. This symbolizes that the world’s very existence relies on her to embody the divine will. As Lighting wants to maintain hope, she enters the crystal stasis in order to protect the will of her sacrificed sister, Serah. We are planning a DLC release to reveal the background of this.
    Besides all that cool crib. Oh and of course have any questions, shoot.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Wonkey View Post

Well anyways folks, I wouldn't take the Versus 13 information seriously. A friend of mine sent me all the information you see there (The top half of the blog post) that he received on an IRC chat channel... So I can't say how authentic it is myself. I later added the second half of the blog post after googling some key words from everything and finding some asshole from GameFAQs that had similar information and a totally ridiculous livejournal fan fiction site.

I don't think you guy would need to worry about all that information. Unless Nomura comes out in new interview in a magazine and decides to detail some bits about the group or something.

Final Fantasy XIII-2‘s Lead Writer (Daisuke Watanabe) was recently interviewed about this in a strategy guide. Unfortunately this forum won't let me post a URL so just google the guy's name with 'strategy guide' or something. Here is what was mentioned in the interview.

Yeah where do you find translated interviews like that, I search around some FF fansites, but they're mostly shit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Wonkey View Post

Welcome! It was a very interesting read none-the-less.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah where do you find translated interviews like that, I search around some FF fansites, but they're mostly shit.
    You mean the quote from the interview with Watanabe? I'm guessing you don't mean that since it's been quoted here before (think I even did it) and the whole interview is in the collector's edition of the english strategy guide.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You mean the quote from the interview with Watanabe? I'm guessing you don't mean that since it's been quoted here before (think I even did it) and the whole interview is in the collector's edition of the english strategy guide.
    Whoops I thought he was talking about the ultimania, nevermind lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Spoiler: show
    Maybe I'm crazy, but what the hell is up with them being infatuated with Cocoon? Did people continue to live on it after it almost fell into Pulse? If so, why? I mean it's a just floating ball that basically fell once and got saved... You'd think they'd get off the damn thing. Then, when they KNOW it's gonna fall and crash again, what is their answer? "Hey let's build another Cocoon of our own making, another floating ball thing we can all live on." Why not just... you know, live on the land? Sure there are monsters, but I think i'd rather build towns/outposts/cities and have some people to keep the monsters out, rather than hope the place I'm living doesn't crash into the planet.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I think it's got to do with how life on the land is a lot more harsh than in cocoon. In the past they basically lived in a climate controlled safe place where everything was provided for by the fal'cie. Since they are no longer dependent on the fal'cie for most things, I think the intention is to go back to a safe life on new cocoon, away from the influence of any fal'cie at all this time.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I missed some pages but remember the fragment of Serah's message in New Bhodum 700AF. She seems to be drifting instead of being dead

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

She died before valhalla and the real world clashed together though. I think she is dead dead.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I know this will sound stupid but anyway.

When they beat Caius and Noel asked Serah if she was ok, i'm sure she was already in pain (or dying) and forced herself to go back to see the new Cocoon before dying for real. Since imo she was half dead in Valhalla where no life or no death, i'm sure she will come back in some form or another

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I know this will sound stupid but anyway.

When they beat Caius and Noel asked Serah if she was ok, i'm sure she was already in pain (or dying) and forced herself to go back to see the new Cocoon before dying for real. Since imo she was half dead in Valhalla where no life or no death, i'm sure she will come back in some form or another
    I'm not saying there isn't an afterlife in xiiis universe. Personally I think the original Serah is gone. I'm sure there is some past her that will return or something.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Caius "died" in Valhalla just like Noel and Serah "died" in the Void Beyond. Same with Lightning. Both can be easily woken up from their dream the same way, I would think. Don't know if that's the route they'll go though.

Just watched the Mog flan plan paradox ending and I must say that it's the most awesome thing I have seen in a FF game in years.
    Mainly because the last time we got such a cute and hilarious scene was in FFIX so it was kinda unexpected.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Not reading this thread whatsoever because I'm only now on Ch.4, but something confused me (lol). I may have just missed it or something...

What was actually changed about the timeline in Yaschas Massif 01X? What the hell was causing the eclipse and why wasn't it there in 01X? Additionally, why the hell is Cocoon so high up from the horizon...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    I think it's got to do with how life on the land is a lot more harsh than in cocoon. In the past they basically lived in a climate controlled safe place where everything was provided for by the fal'cie. Since they are no longer dependent on the fal'cie for most things, I think the intention is to go back to a safe life on new cocoon, away from the influence of any fal'cie at all this time.
    Meh. I don't think that fits, I mean it's got be faster, easier, safer to build some big walls that the monsters can't get past than... well to levitate a huge sphere so millions of people can live on it. They'd still need to grow food and such, which is easier on the ground, animals for meat, etc. I'd say also, once they learned "Oh Hey, they're gonna try and crash new cocoon until one and THINGS WILL GO BOOM" someone might've said "Hey, we could just not build it... Or even better, if we REALLY need a sphere, we could make some domes"

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The aftermath of the real Cocoon falling was Noel's future, where nothing could grow and nothing would live except carnivores, which would obviously die in the end too. So Hope made a new Cocoon as a safe place where the people could survive. Living on Pulse wasn't an option for survival after impact. And yes, I am aware Cocoon drops quite "gently" to the ground in the last cutscene. Could be because they were prepared for the fall unlike in Noel's timeline, could be because the sands of ... (forgot what they callled it, Oerba was loaded with it iirc), fucks up the land after impact, meaning the gentle fall still sucks.

She died before valhalla and the real world clashed together though. I think she is dead dead.
    Well technically people who die in the real world, their soul goes to Valhalla, which is probably the "drifting" she's doing atm?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast