+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 135 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

I think the quest starts at level 11 or 12? That could be it, but I don't remember what level I was when I got the mount.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oho thanks I got it. Wanted to do some exploring tonight before servers go down. To save myself from being TERAed out I plan to save off from playing the next CBs

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well... after adventuring to Pora Elinu I ran into this
    Spoiler: show

Which then turned into this....
    Spoiler: show

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Ok, obviously the middle one is the character name, bottom is their guild.. so top is title? Are they earned for doing things in game? My other guess would be the party they are in like in RO you named your group.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    You really, really like TERA, Foxer. I'm not denying or confirming how the game will be in a few years, because nobody can see the future, but you could certainly be a TERA spokesperson.

Well there's usually that one guy for each MMO, so we're at the status que.
    Foxers mentioned all the good, so I'll mention one of the bad, though it may change depending on how dungeons are re-done, and new content additions. When I was at K-TERA end-game, your biggest, and most frustrating activity, is trying to get the armor and weapon stats you want on your gear, and then maxing it to +12. It is an example, of RNG, at it's worst, and you will be burning millions, on NPC items, to try and get the gear that will let you conquer the hardest dungeons. This is done via the sealing and unsealing scrolls on NPC vendors. As an example, it cost me 20 million, of my 30 million, in gold to try and get a body armor, with the best stats, to take on hard modes. Some may get it on the first try, others may burn through all of their money and still not get it. You can somewhat influence it through better enchanting dust, and what not, but it's still all about the money, and luck, to do so.

Then, if you do get your stats, your next task is to +9 it. The problem with this is that, if you fail to improve it, there's a chance it will go Down, in rank, so failing to +9 your +8 weapon could bring it back down to a +7 weapon. The best stuff can only be upgraded through Hard mode drops, so you will be spending a lot of time running those same dungeons to make your best set of gear. This isn't even talking about the HQ versions you can make, which can go up to +12 and are even more expensive to get the best initial stats; I'd really like to see downgrade failure eliminated. HM dungeons do have lockout times, so you can do all of the other stuff mentioned, but this is your one, true, TERA grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiani View Post
    Ok, obviously the middle one is the character name, bottom is their guild.. so top is title? Are they earned for doing things in game? My other guess would be the party they are in like in RO you named your group.
    That's something that the guild leader can set and shows up on certain members, or everyone. I'm not exactly sure what it was called, but it isn't an in-game title earned by doing something.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

How the fuck does one earn a "Lolicon" title? That shit is equal parts amazing and depressing.

@Kachiko: Thanks for some counter good news. Its good to get a little balance in this TERA love-fest. I'm not trying to hate on the game at all, but every time a game gets hyped up to the hills it winds up blowing up in everyone's face. A little tentative excitement would be good, methinks.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

About the 3 tiers of lines on charaters:

top line: a title, earned from doing different things in game, can be set or left blank
    middle line: character name
    bottom line: guild name, the little icon to the left is a guild logo. those are optional depending if the guild leader sets one up

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Again, pretty scary if there's an official lolicon title in-game. You're gonna censor fuzzy nipples, yet allow people to roll around with loli in their title?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    That's something that the guild leader can set and shows up on certain members, or everyone. I'm not exactly sure what it was called, but it isn't an in-game title earned by doing something.
    Lineage II had this also, guild/clan leader can put custom titles on any of their members.

How much better is this game going to look with the hi-res pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I think this is just a problem with not running Vent as an administrator.
    I was having that problem and this worked for me, thanks.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Important! I am getting my refund this week. Do you guys recommend ordering the physical CE on EME's site or checking my local gamestops to see if they are handing out codes and taking reservations?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Get physical CE. Servers are down for 11 days now, so you'll be good.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah not sure how I feel about directly ordering it through EME, going to try to call up every retailers around me and find out.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

You really, really like TERA, Foxer. I'm not denying or confirming how the game will be in a few years, because nobody can see the future, but you could certainly be a TERA spokesperson.

Hype is good, no? Your $15 are going towards my expansions!

But let's face it, no matter how many flaws we see in games including TERA nowadays, TERA's potential is ridiculous, and the amount of "right" it offers is solid, right outta the box.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Karma for your shenanigans on FFXIV's prelaunch

Quote Originally Posted by Oshin View Post
    I loved Aion apart from the PvP. So glad these guys are going to have PvE servers.

Grind doesn't bother me coming from FFXI.

And all the stuff that's coming down the road that Foxer is talking about sounds great. Hope it makes it for our launch.
    Aion, same as Guild Wars...If you weren't in there for the pvp with a side of pve...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    Yeah not sure how I feel about directly ordering it through EME, going to try to call up every retailers around me and find out.
    EME would actually be safest, as they will flag your account so you are 100% good to go on launch day, even if you didn't get the box in the mail yet. With the other retailers your account gets turned off after the head start ends and needs the key to activate regular launch. If you don't have the funds atm, or require the art book and the cloth map to fap as you're logging in may 1st, then by all means.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hey anyone else having issues with controllers? First off, i use the official xbox controller for windows. it installed itself, the game finds it and sets it up for the game, everything fine.

The controller works fine, but sometimes my char just randomly starts to walk in one direction by itself.
    Mashing a few buttons might fix it soemtimes, unplugging doesnt. i already tried to turn off auto-walk with controller and keyboard, doesnt help.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

How the fuck does one earn a "Lolicon" title? That shit is equal parts amazing and depressing.

@Kachiko: Thanks for some counter good news. Its good to get a little balance in this TERA love-fest. I'm not trying to hate on the game at all, but every time a game gets hyped up to the hills it winds up blowing up in everyone's face. A little tentative excitement would be good, methinks.
    I'm gonna help you, because i'm not I'm not impressed by TERA at all. In some areas it does shine, but overall i wasn't very impressed. I only made it halfway through the starting area before I had to shut the game down. I'll start at the beginning.

I spent probably a half hour staring at the character creator in awe at just how awful the races are. You've got your normal boring humans, Generally tit-tastic castanic and pretty boy male castanic with an 18-pack, giant rock beast motherfucker, pandas (which I looked it and was instantly reminded of the cutesy annoying animal ferret things from Aion; recessive nightmares were triggered), Ellin, some other generic rock beast thing, and finally the emo-pretty boy with his tit-tastic significant other. I ended up picking the second generic rock/metal humanoid beast thing, which I ended up hating anyway because his hands were almost dragging on the floor.

So i'm not sure how these asians were able to get away with Elin, as they are basically a child molester/furry dream. Its seriously morally disturbing seeing these little kids run around wearing bunny ears and a cotton tail, with no pants on. How the fuck can they get away with this shit?

Anyway I get in game as a sorc and start blowing shit up. Then I realize i can't fucking move while I shoot fireballs. What the fucking fuck. I have to stay rooted while I shoot everything. This "action" mmo just turned into something far less awesome, and i'm only level one. I can't fathom how they wanted to go full action and not have moving while shooting. I think I had more fun playing Dragon Nest.

The second turn off was the generic old school MMO quest system. Seriously disappointed that they went this route. Not only is it old and boring, but having to run back breaks up the flow of me flinging fireballs at shit. Disappoint. I will say at this point though that I was in love with the graphics. TERA is truly gorgeous, and that was apparently without HD textures. So I reach a point where I come up to this dude for the main story quests, and I get this little boring cinematic where the camera zooms into this Tree eating cute little piggies, accompanied by god awful voice acting. My second recessive memory from Aion comes back to haunt me. Then I reach the tower where all the NPCs are and looked at their armor. The third recessive memory from Aion comes back to haunt me.

I got to the mission where I had to kill some rocks and they started to roll into me, and at this point I was actually happy that some mechanic needed me to think, rather then just use my jump back ability when they got close to me.

Yeah it was about there that I stopped. The horrendous asian nature just got to me at that point and I started hating it more and more with every Elin that I saw.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Vrumpt, while I want to say your post reeks of 'hater', it would be coming from someone who loves the game so its a moot point. I would like to point out however that I feel your comment on how boring the races are is a little out of wack. I will use your game of choice as a quick counter rebuttle:

Sylvari = elves, or plant humans if we get techincal.
    Norn = big humans
    Charr = fuck these guys are awesome, but equally so are Aman. Both of these fall into the "generic rock beast thing, I am sure I can find a similar big race in WoW with horns coming out of their heads" if I had actually played that game.
    Asura = SE did these years ago, they are called taru tarus. They even redid them in FFXIV but I forget what they renamed them. May as well be Asura for all I remember.
    Humans = normal boring humans, as you said.

Anyway, I am not here to flame you or brandish my Tera shield of righteouosness but that opening part of your post was pretty weak sauce to me. /shrug

---
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous2 View Post
    Hey anyone else having issues with controllers? First off, i use the official xbox controller for windows. it installed itself, the game finds it and sets it up for the game, everything fine.

The controller works fine, but sometimes my char just randomly starts to walk in one direction by itself.
    Mashing a few buttons might fix it soemtimes, unplugging doesnt. i already tried to turn off auto-walk with controller and keyboard, doesnt help.
    My controller worked like a charm, but like you mentioned, every now and then I would just start to run and couldn't stop. Logging to the character screen and back in again fixed it for me though.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I enjoyed the Beta for the very limited time that I played it. There are some points that I agree on and I wanted to make a comment on:

1. ITS A MODERN DAY ASIAN MMO. ASIANS ARE FUCKING WEIRD. So its no surprise to me that the character creation goes from playable characters in a Final Fantasy, to the humanoid boss looking things, to the child molester fantasy, to the pet race (I Chose this because I made a pug with a pipe!). Its something that I made a comment on before - I can never take this game seriously because of how fucking awful some race choices are. But in the end of the day, players will have stupid looking gear to cover their stupid looking face.

2. The gameplay is a lot more engaging than any other MMO, but as a caveat - its not really dynamic. I can see how shit will be crazy end game, but then again, there's logic in casting long spells in place and then theres logic in moving around and casting. At one point you're going to realize that every MMO kind of does this, but I understand that moving and casting sounds more action-y (maybe you get more shit later?). But honestly, what game isn't an action MMO? You have to move and avoid shit, there's no difference in this game than the other.

3. The questing system fucking sucks and it reminds me so much about my experience with Rift. I just clicked on through, killed shit, gathered, etc. It will feel like Rift/WoW at FFXI speed from 1 to endgame if this is all thats going to happen. Yeah I didn't get far in the beta, but the weak point in this game is the questing system (not necessarily the way you quest since fighting is a dimly lit bright spot).

Needless to say this game has potential and I already pre-ordered it. Anything to beat the mundane nature of SWTOR is welcomed.

http://i40.tinypic.com/34smgde.png

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

later you get skill ups that allow you to move while casting (I assume, since I got one for my archer). I dont think Ive played an MMO that lets you move while casting right out of the box

I played till capped level and then geared myself up with some other BG people. I had such a fantastic time, my mind was blown and I was eager to continue. I played for hours and hours non-stop, and even when I did stop I came back shortly after. On saturday I logged and played for 9 hours, I got off for like 30 minutes, somebody mentioned they got a nice blue bow and if anybody wanted it, I said sure if nobody else spoke up, I got online, 4+ hours later and I had finished running the quests and dungeons, had equipped my awesome bow of murderface and was rocking DPS. Everything kept getting better and better. I dont know what Im going to do for the next two weeks, try and satisfy myself with skyrim until I can just get another taste of the sweet TERA shiny.