+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Vrumpt is a proponent GW2 fan boy and has been hating on Tera far before being allowed to test anything.

Nice sig bro.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    later you get skill ups that allow you to move while casting (I assume, since I got one for my archer). I dont think Ive played an MMO that lets you move while casting right out of the box

I played till capped level and then geared myself up with some other BG people. I had such a fantastic time, my mind was blown and I was eager to continue. I played for hours and hours non-stop, and even when I did stop I came back shortly after. On saturday I logged and played for 9 hours, I got off for like 30 minutes, somebody mentioned they got a nice blue bow and if anybody wanted it, I said sure if nobody else spoke up, I got online, 4+ hours later and I had finished running the quests and dungeons, had equipped my awesome bow of murderface and was rocking DPS. Everything kept getting better and better. I dont know what Im going to do for the next two weeks, try and satisfy myself with skyrim until I can just get another taste of the sweet TERA shiny.
    Really missed being on the same server as other BG people, may not be part of the guild but still fun to see other people running around and in town. I blame my friend and her "that server wasnt recommened for me" when she made her char ><; Oh well, will remedy this for the OB to launch stretch.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Anyway I get in game as a sorc and start blowing shit up. Then I realize i can't fucking move while I shoot fireballs. What the fucking fuck. I have to stay rooted while I shoot everything. This "action" mmo just turned into something far less awesome, and i'm only level one. I can't fathom how they wanted to go full action and not have moving while shooting. I think I had more fun playing Dragon Nest..
    I can understand this as somewhat annoying. Would be awesome if you could move and cast at the same time. For example, if you're running and casting your spell is weakened, but if you stop to do the full spell animation it gets a boost pending on how long the spell takes to cast etc. I think that would add a bit of depth to the class. My 2 cents at least.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

they allow you to move, but only at less speed. you can get gems and such that increase movement speed while attacking

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Karma for your shenanigans on FFXIV's prelaunch

Aion, same as Guild Wars...If you weren't in there for the pvp with a side of pve...

EME would actually be safest, as they will flag your account so you are 100% good to go on launch day, even if you didn't get the box in the mail yet. With the other retailers your account gets turned off after the head start ends and needs the key to activate regular launch. If you don't have the funds atm, or require the art book and the cloth map to fap as you're logging in may 1st, then by all means.
    Oh wow I didn't realize that tiny but very important detail, EME it is. Cannot wait until Feb 15th, next closed beta test will be on same night as UFC Japan.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Glyphs can eliminate movement speed reductions, on some classes skills, like Archer's charged shots and Berserker's charged axe skills. Sorcerer have a charged mana siphon skill that you can always do on the move, and I think there are some that reduce casting speed/charging on some other skills. Sorcerer also have some lock on skills that you can target, while moving, then a short pause to fire the skill. Yes, in the beginning, when you only have fireball spam, sorcerer's don't feel too dynamic, but that's not the case as you get higher levels.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Glyphs can eliminate movement speed reductions, on some classes skills, like Archer's charged shots and Berserker's charged axe skills. Sorcerer have a charged mana siphon skill that you can always do on the move, and I think there are some that reduce casting speed/charging on some other skills. Sorcerer also have some lock on skills that you can target, while moving, then a short pause to fire the skill. Yes, in the beginning, when you only have fireball spam, sorcerer's don't feel too dynamic, but that's not the case as you get higher levels.
    Pretty much yeah. At the higher levels, I just never use fireball anymore, it's just not efficient compared to everything else. So it can get a bit anyone when you're animation locked and a monster is running full speed at you, but that's the balance you gotta find between not taking hate or learning the mobs patterns for time to throw your stuff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Can the same boss mob be up in multiple channels? If I'm in channel 1, kill it, then swap to channel 2, could it be up there as well?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm gonna help you, because i'm not I'm not impressed by TERA at all. In some areas it does shine, but overall i wasn't very impressed. I only made it halfway through the starting area before I had to shut the game down. I'll start at the beginning.
    Stoped reading here. Literaly. Whatever you wrote, never start by revealing your lack of knowledge on the subject if you expect to be heard.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira View Post
    Stoped reading here. Literaly. Whatever you wrote, never start by revealing your lack of knowledge on the subject if you expect to be heard.
    I stopped at the same, exact point. I almost replied an hour ago lol.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bastion has a severly annoying drop pattern. After giving Sono that bow, I saw at least 3 more, SIX slayer swords, 2 priest staves and finally got my lance. Armor wise, got my feet, only piece I saw. And then of course the blue earrings, alot of em.

The armor is retarded hard to get to drop it seems, its just flat bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    Bastion has a severly annoying drop pattern. After giving Sono that bow, I saw at least 3 more, SIX slayer swords, 2 priest staves and finally got my lance. Armor wise, got my feet, only piece I saw. And then of course the blue earrings, alot of em.

The armor is retarded hard to get to drop it seems, its just flat bad.
    All I saw was armor drops in the 5 Bastions I went through, combinations of gloves/body armor and 1 weapon for a LNC on my last run for the weekend. So like anything else, its all random.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira View Post
    Right. I'm going to play through a game I don't enjoy just so others can take my criticisms seriously, rather than point out detail by detail the points I didn't like along the way and why I didn't care for them. My lack of knowledge on my own impressions and feelings must be much greater than I had thought.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sweet! You do understand

Right. I'm going to play through a game I don't enjoy just so others can take my criticisms seriously,
    Cant really criticize something you havnt..you know...experienced.

That would be like on Chopped if one of the judges looked at a meal and went "Nope, not even going to eat this...but here let me tell you what was wrong with the tastes and food combinations you attempted here"

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Yes, and let's not forget the best skill Sorcerer gets at 48

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/5...edsorcerer.png
    along with the glyph to up it from 20% to 50%, it speeds up every casting animation and you're only left with 10 seconds of downtime without it before it's ready again.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Complain

Complain

Complain

Complain

Complain

(Oh, I haven't really played it much)
    A+, would read again.

My lack of knowledge on my own impressions and feelings must be much greater than I had thought.
    I see...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Right. I'm going to play through a game I don't enjoy just so others can take my criticisms seriously, rather than point out detail by detail the points I didn't like along the way and why I didn't care for them. My lack of knowledge on my own impressions and feelings must be much greater than I had thought.
    I'm cool with criticism, I just prefer it when it's educated.

--------------

A question for the random question thread:

Reading the comments about the new T4 korean patch notes, they say pvp gear will be obtainable from the new pve events as a "temporary measure". People commented that it was because they were reworking BGs.

Does this mean that the current korea build has no BGs? What is the percieved problem with them?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Google's translation, to 'I quickly contract,' is such an understatement. That skill, glyphed, is just insane damage; add an 8% casting speed body armor, weapon, and necklace, and it's LOLcopter fun. Sure, you blow your MP, but with the right buffs, and timing of MP regen skills, there's really no downtime.

Wait, what?! Did that sorcerer just?
    Yep.
    Wait...did they just do that again?
    Yep.
    Damn....