+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 135 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Shit don't gotta make sense. A monk type class has been brought up millions of times because of how fucking amazing TERA's combat mechanics would make it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteChocobo View Post
    Is that what the other class icons look like in the dats? Also... been staring at it for like 15 minutes and all I see is swans now :< Fricken Spd
    yea they all look like that, I thought it may have been maybe some buff class, but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros Eien View Post
    Wonder why the blurred version though, isn't that for like low res stuff when too many ppl on screen and the scaled down graphics kick in? Would mean it's actually something visible in the ingame world and not a class icon, like a temporary buff or something of the sort.
    no it's definitely a class icon, it's specifically for the character creation screen, also the blur is an 'effect' that happens when you select class in the char creation, it only lasts a split second but yea

although obviously just because it's there, doesn't mean they're definitely going to use it

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Saw in the eu thread mentioning that na servers won't ip block so people in eu can play on na servers. Can anyone confirm that?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

"En Masse has a license to operate TERA game servers in North America. This means that if you are in North America, South America, Europe (excluding Russia), and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, Micronesia, Melanesia, and Polynesia) you can play on En Masse Servers."

"En Masse will block IPs based on region. Asia, Africa, Russia, and the Middle East are included on the block list. While we appreciate that there are players in these regions who would enjoy playing on En Masse servers, it's unfortunate that the vast majority of Internet traffic we see from these regions are from cyber-criminals relating to account theft, gold-farming and other hacking behavior."

Sources - Link and Link

Some information about the IP blocks ^^

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by FriskUni View Post
    /inspect xxxxxxxx works, globally too
    Thank you, I'll be trying that!

@new class discussion:

http://www.cavaleiroszodiaco.com.br/...96842/2046.jpg

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Shit don't gotta make sense. A monk type class has been brought up millions of times because of how fucking amazing TERA's combat mechanics would make it.
    I just cant see how other people have to use big ass weapons and monk just can get in there and fist it. However, if they find a way of making fist-weapons, i'd be happy-wappy! Maybe something like FFXI's katars

They could get sweet extension fists. Sort of like the Hindu guy from street fighter.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

saw a few videos of this game and noticed a crosshair. Is needed to aim to use all skills?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Most skills are based on direction of camera/character but a few are locked on, such as Priests cure which you use and then 'hover' your cursor over other players and it selects them, then you press the skill again to cast cure on those players. There are other skills that simply appear x distance infront of you as well.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous2 View Post
    I just cant see how other people have to use big ass weapons and monk just can get in there and fist it. However, if they find a way of making fist-weapons, i'd be happy-wappy! Maybe something like FFXI's katars
    Katars and kicks.

Rounding out 1 more plate class does make the most sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by supercoco View Post
    saw a few videos of this game and noticed a crosshair. Is needed to aim to use all skills?
    Basically all, there are some lock on and aoe skills.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

that means that in PVP we can avoid almost every enemy attacks if we're smart enough?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

that means that in PVP we can avoid almost every enemy attacks if we're smart enough?
    Generally not, because you are rooted while executing your abilities so they can time your abilities with theirs.
    However, if the person is really crappy at aiming, then in theory you can avoid most or all attacks.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Some classes have rolls, blocks and ways to avoid or negate dmg. Moving around is important though as you can't just tab and lock onto an opponent.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I fully support a "Katars and Kicking" klass, I mean class.

@Supercoo: at least in beta, the evasive abilities have pretty long cooldown timers on them, so you can't spam dodges. A lancer, however, can essentially spam his shield, but I'm pretty sure you only block in the direction you are facing, so there's that too.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

kill them first. makes it much easier to dodge their attacks when their face is full of knife.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

There are some skills that cannot be evaded by moving away but need other forms of evasion like dodge roll or blocking.

Most, however, can be evaded by simple movement and being smart about your position is absolute key between win or death, at least so far on what I've tested on pvp.

With my slayer, if people sucked at moving and I could predict where they'd land, even if they evaded my first attack I could combo directly into their predicted position and hit them.

Also, many attacks have wide arcs, so they may prove harder to dodge with simple movement.

But regardless, if movement was ever important in an MMO, it's this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I fully support a "Katars and Kicking" klass, I mean class.

@Supercoo: at least in beta, the evasive abilities have pretty long cooldown timers on them, so you can't spam dodges. A lancer, however, can essentially spam his shield, but I'm pretty sure you only block in the direction you are facing, so there's that too.
    I cannot speak beyond lv22, but at this level Lancers are goodly on 1v1.
    When you face them 2v2 however things change. In the end, you need assitance to flank a lancer to even kill him (unless he's pretty bad, I guess), because block *can* be spammed.

I don't find this a problem however, because as you said it's a directional defense and with correct position they will fall if you aren't alone.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Cannot choose between Lancer, Slayer, and Zerker, a lot of my rl friends will be playing the other classes. Does Lancer get any kind of group buffs? How does Slayer stack up against Zerker all around?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Play Lancer if you're going to go party play and love having Big Ass Monsters in your face. I recall no party buffs.
    Play Slayer if you like attacking things fast, while you dodge around a bit, and have fun in PvP. Big Ass Sword lovers need apply.
    Play Berserker if you like a slower paced game play, but like charging through stuff, taking little damage and dealing out AoE crits/knockdowns.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I was a major Paladin lover on FFXI, so Lancer is still gonna be my first class when retail hits. Towards the end of EU's first CBT, I played around with Archer a bit, and that was pretty fun too.

Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Anetheron

Can't wait to play CB on my new comp! A few questions....
    I'm assuming the BG guild is open to anyone on the forums?
    Been tanking for a long time, so I'm having a hard time deciding on lancer or Warrior, I'm worried about how gear dependent warrior might be from the light reading I've done.
    I would also be willing to role any class the guild needs, as I've been playing MMOs for more than half my life >_>