Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    is this game as grindy as other korean MMOs?
    Its nowhere near as grindy, but I'll admit that I felt a bit of a Trickster vibe at a few points. The levels come fast enough, though; you just have to watch out for the typical "everyone's at the same level so you can't kill the quest mobs you need even when switching channels" nonsense, but that will really only happen if you're rushing along at the same pace as everyone else.

I know that personally, I'll have a lot more fun in retail when I can do battlegrounds as a change of pace from the typical quest grind, but I don't think there's any kind of public quests or real-time events or anything.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I think you can only do that by assigning previous binds to another then back to normal so it deletes one of them. Not sure though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post

I know that personally, I'll have a lot more fun in retail when I can do battlegrounds as a change of pace from the typical quest grind, but I don't think there's any kind of public quests or real-time events or anything.
    Public quests incoming next patch in korea, aparently, so your call has been heard through time. If this will come to us on retail or not, no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree View Post
    Is there a way to remove keybinds? I can remap things to a new key but I can't seem to delete them. Some of the binds I don't want at all, and I'd like to free up the keys.
    Select the key you want to remove by clicking on it and then press enter. It will delete the entry and leave it unbound.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Is there any way to remove tracked things on the map? If I had clicked on an enemy name, it puts all their locations, but I can't seem to find a way to get rid of it. Even after the quest is completed, they still kinda stay there. >.>

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah, giving it the benefit of the doubt because its still only CB1. We'll see how much progress each version makes as they move towards launch.

@People who played K-TERA.

How is the end game? Hearing a lot of people whining that there is no end game content at all for this game, much like Aion. I'm not sure if that's just them saying "Well I dont like what there is for end game, so there's nothing at all" type logic or if there's only pvp ala Aion style for end game right now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

someone tell me how this whole pet thing works... i bought a pet, equipped it in the pet-activities menu, but whenever i use the training item it fails and i lose it. is it just a random chance at training? or is there something i have to do first?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    @People who played K-TERA.

How is the end game? Hearing a lot of people whining that there is no end game content at all for this game, much like Aion. I'm not sure if that's just them saying "Well I dont like what there is for end game, so there's nothing at all" type logic or if there's only pvp ala Aion style for end game right now.
    To be honest. 90% of the people who play TERA think it's another Aion, so they're only interested in the open world PVP, which is lackluster at end-game. Pay no attention to said children.

At 58, there's 5 dungeons, 3 which drop R1 gear, 5V5 and 10V10 BGS.

At the end of this month, there will be a level cap raise, a revamp of the level 58 dungeons, 2 new dungeons offering 2 difficulties each, 20-man defense raids, rep dailies, and new BGs. Then there's the other little shit you can do such as duel/DM/craft/explore/AFK with hotness gear/ETC.

Game is gonna set up just fine with time, like every other game. Pay close attention and you will realize that even if it's slightly lackluster, TERA will launch with more end-game than 99% of the MMOs out now.

Real GVG, raids, server rifting, it's all coming. Just gotta wait for it.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quick Q for those that use vent: Is there a way to get the push to talk to work with Tera? Most of us just use voice p/u but one friend would like to use PTT (something with the way her mic picks up sound) Anyway, this isn't the first game that doesn't seem to recognize any PTT once the game is up, so I figured there must be some way around it?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Quick Q for those that use vent: Is there a way to get the push to talk to work with Tera? Most of us just use voice p/u but one friend would like to use PTT (something with the way her mic picks up sound) Anyway, this isn't the first game that doesn't seem to recognize any PTT once the game is up, so I figured there must be some way around it?
    I think this is just a problem with not running Vent as an administrator. In the vent folder (the default is C:\Program Files\Ventrilo), right click on ventrilo.exe -> properties -> compatibility and then go to "change settings for all users" -> check the box at the bottom that says "run this program as administrator" -> "ok" -> "ok".

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

had to do the same thing for WAR.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You really, really like TERA, Foxer. I'm not denying or confirming how the game will be in a few years, because nobody can see the future, but you could certainly be a TERA spokesperson.

Well there's usually that one guy for each MMO, so we're at the status que.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I loved Aion apart from the PvP. So glad these guys are going to have PvE servers.

Grind doesn't bother me coming from FFXI.

And all the stuff that's coming down the road that Foxer is talking about sounds great. Hope it makes it for our launch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I think this is just a problem with not running Vent as an administrator. In the vent folder (the default is C:\Program Files\Ventrilo), right click on ventrilo.exe -> properties -> compatibility and then go to "change settings for all users" -> check the box at the bottom that says "run this program as administrator" -> "ok" -> "ok".
    Fantastic, I will have her try this :D

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    To be honest. 90% of the people who play TERA think it's another Aion, so they're only interested in the open world PVP, which is lackluster at end-game. Pay no attention to said children.
    At 58, there's 5 dungeons, 3 which drop R1 gear, 5V5 and 10V10 BGS.
    At the end of this month, there will be a level cap raise, a revamp of the level 58 dungeons, 2 new dungeons offering 2 difficulties each, 20-man defense raids, rep dailies, and new BGs. Then there's the other little shit you can do such as duel/DM/craft/explore/AFK with hotness gear/ETC.

Game is gonna set up just fine with time, like every other game. Pay close attention and you will realize that even if it's slightly lackluster, TERA will launch with more end-game than 99% of the MMOs out now.
    Real GVG, raids, server rifting, it's all coming. Just gotta wait for it.
    Great to hear. Got a gig for the week coming up so ill have some cash I can finally put on the CE and Preorder.

So when is the next CBT?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^See my sig :3 Also in the sticky on the forums here.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    So when is the next CBT?
    Rulke's sig right above your post has all the dates. Every 2 weeks, Friday-Sunday, until launch.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Anyone use a triple monitor setup? Thinking about getting a triple monitor setup, but holding out till the nvidia's 600 series gpu's.

Can anyone comment as to how well a 3 screen rig works with TERA or show off there setup? Does it look good, and not stretched out? Never had a setup like this before so mostly just wondering how plausible it would be for a game like this, and if it's worth it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Tried searching but can't find, how do you get a mount? The level was lowered to 10 right? I remember doing it on J Beta but there's no quest here for me now

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    Tried searching but can't find, how do you get a mount? The level was lowered to 10 right? I remember doing it on J Beta but there's no quest here for me now
    Really bad with names, but the first "major" city you get to has a quest from the first counter that sends you to a guy in the NE part of the city (I think), and then sends you out to a farm place out the west exit of the city. You just have to gather some plants and the guy gives you your mount. Sorry for lack of names, maybe someone else can fill them in. =/

edit: When I say major city, I mean when you leave the starting island.