+ Reply to Thread
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Looking to start watching a new series.

Don't have a clue where to start though.

I've seen, DBZ, Berserk, Bastard, Claymore, Hellsing, Full Metal Alchy. Love'd 'em all.

I think I really like the good action/power up kind of a deal. Pass on the silly faces like in Trigun.. couldn't get past first season because of it. Desert Punk was, eh, meh.

Any suggestions?

Ergo Proxy (watch in english, dub is really good)

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yu Yu Hakusho

Funi's uncensored dub is also really good, comparable to the Japanese one.

A bit of swearing, except for one bit where the main guy says "that's a load of BS" ... it was a bit narm but other than that, was fine.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I second Yu Yu Hakusho. The dub is actually really good, I think I switched back and forth between the two since I liked them both.

Also, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a must, especially if you like shows where they power up. TTGL is pretty much the definition of that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thirding YYH, I remember watching it when I was a kid and, having watched it again a year or so ago, it was still just as good as I remembered. Idk what the english dubs sound like though, subbed version was good enough to me that I never really wanted to try anything else.

For other shows, I'd also back the Gurren Lagann mention and add Casshern Sins, Fate/Zero, Tenjo Tenge (if you don't mind the fan service) and possibly Twelve Kingdoms

I wouldn't go for Ergo Proxy unless you really like the dense, story heavy stuff without as much action as everything else you mentioned (and if you do I'd look into Death Note, Code Geass, Mushishi, Kure-nai and/or Nabari no Ou)

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Yu Yu Hakusho it is then. I actually seen Death Note and enjoyed it very much, even the live action version.

By the way, any idea where I can get Yu Yu Hakusho, netflix doesn't have it. I'd prefer streaming, no problem if I have to pay for it.

edit:
    Gurren Lagann IS on netflix and it's mecha, awesome.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can try http://www.animecrazy.net/yu-yu-hakusho-episode-list/, though most of the links probably got DMCA'ed by now and FUNimation doesn't have it on their youtube page (cause of their DVD, I guess?). Probably gonna have to torrent that one.