+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 185 FirstFirst ... 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flight_93 View Post
    Why do you think the gobbie bags are taking this long.. free LM-17 w/ dem moogle suits.

Also it's cute that you think they'd scrub chat logs instead of just storing a hash of your modified dats.
    I revert dat changes every update and SE has no history of doing this.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do you have a revert file just in case Byrth? :D

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

POL Utils -> NPC Renamer -> View Changes -> Revert all changes.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chamaan View Post
    Why were the Japanese so salty about dat swapping? Can they not do it or get caught or something?

And that quote about us being ignored for punishments is pretty great. The grass is always greener and they're looking with envy at our run down tenements from their mansions.
    Nope they all play on PS2!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well it's because penalties for japanese players come and go so swiftly it's almost like they never happened

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

...Aaaand there goes my chances of getting NeoNyzul gear upon returning. There's no way I'll get to floor 100 months after the most dedicated players got their gear AND without being able to know lamp order and amount of lamps.

Good job, SE, you are going to make NeoNyzul a deserted place.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Lol, well, Nyzul went from decently winnable with a group willing to lamp edit to generally implausible to win one out of every 4~6 tries. GG no re

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Going to need a lot of hope that you don't run into order floors once this hits, also the wording sounds like they're heating up the ban hammer again for another swing at the community.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Okay, the lamp SCH is on X360. Starts just locking up on the lamps. Costs us about 30 seconds as someone has to run back to hit the lamp. He logs out mid-run, comes back, and since he's the only one not on Vent we gamble and keep him on lamps. Sure enough, he locks up on the next one and we lose precious seconds again. We still are doing well with a lamps floor at 99 with 5 minutes to go. The guy not being on Vent screws us because we forget to say outside of Vent to hit. We go back with a shitload of aggro trailing us, get the lamps, and we rush back to the lamp with a little over a minute to hit it. The others go up, I'm left behind on floor 99, unable to even target the lamp. They barely time out without me to damage the NM. I'm stuck on floor 99 though. Use the fireflies, it never goes off. I can't even log off, so I close out and log back on, it warps me instantly up to 100 then boots me.

Fuck this event and the idiots who programmed this shit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

And yes, that is a lot of "lamps."

It really would be better for them to just remove lamps rather than bother recoding it, maybe it's Sundi's dying wish to fuck us over one last time

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Order lamps really shouldn't be taking people more than 2 minutes once you find the lamps, and that's if you have 5 lamps and it's the absolute last order you check. That time should easily be made up on a Code floor or a Specified enemy floor.

Edit: and even if you only win 1 out of 4 runs, thats still capping 6 people on gear in 2 months (and that's if you aren't counting drops from the mob itself).

Yes, the event is hard, and largely based on luck which is frustrating as fuck. But its hardly impossible if people know how to work together. And the rewards are well worth it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Clearly someone who hasn't done a lamp floor without DAT swaps in ages, if ever. On average it will take a full minute to find all the lamps. Give 10 seconds to hit all 5 in some order, then the ~20 to 30 seconds it takes for the lamps to turn off and everyone to communicate if their lamp stayed on or not, then the 10-15 seconds for the game to acknowledge you got it right, and the two minutes (Which still is way over budget for a floor) only holds up if you get it second try and you have impeccably fast communication and execution.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth
    Going through the chat logs to convict people would be a much heavier assignment, and would take a group of interns a summer.
    lol I always thought salvage bans came so long after the trick was common knowledge exactly because they went through all the logs manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    There's no way I'll get to floor 100 months after the most dedicated players got their gear AND without being able to know lamp order and amount of lamps.
    You can go with all the banned people who'll be starting from scratch!

Bit off topic, is the salvage warp trick for solo entry something I should be afraid for doing?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Even if you count every run that has a single order lamp floor on it as a failed run you will still win 10%~ of the time if you have a competant group. If you have having some good jumps you can probably afford to waste 5 minutes on order lamps so the win rate could be higher.

The mentality that this event is unwinnable without dat swaps or some other form of cheating is just sad now. Please note I do use dat swaps and am not advocating any group should not use them, however I can remember plenty of runs which have contained no order lamp floors.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brutala View Post
    Bit off topic, is the salvage warp trick for solo entry something I should be afraid for doing?
    * It is clearly an exploit that violates the design that SE intended and has reaffirmed on the forums.
    * People have been doing it since ToAU's release (Golden Salvage for easy AP) without any reported actions taken against their accounts.

Based on this, I'd say you're safe until they ban you? It's hard to know with this company. They're so lax about enforcement in general, but then they get ban happy for a few months and purge the playerbase.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Need to make some money off all those people buying new copies! That said, getting banned pretty much means I'd be done with XI and XIV 2.0 for good.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Brutala View Post
    lol I always thought salvage bans came so long after the trick was common knowledge exactly because they went through all the logs manually.
    The big thing about the salvage bans was that SE issued a statement saying something along the lines of "Hey guys, we know this is going on. Stop doing it while we work on a fix." People kept doing it for months after the fact and they got burned. Some people that stopped doing it when asked got temp bans and such instead of perma bans.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

That's fine and dandy except they haven't posted this on NA forums to my knowledge.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Even if you count every run that has a single order lamp floor on it as a failed run you will still win 10%~ of the time if you have a competant group.
    What would you call a run that ended with a total of 6 lamp floors, 3 of which were order? Yes it failed. Four tags burned last night, we encountered at least one order floor on every single one.

Two minutes maximum per order floor? Seriously, no.