Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 3694
  1. #221
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    716
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Tanaka: "Is the new event you're programming ready yet?"

    Dev: "Sort of? The framework's there, but I haven't implemented the system to Voltron all the component pieces together into a final armor piece. You said you wanted it to be like Salvage right?"

    "Nevermind that. Is it implementable?"

    "Once again, sort of. I kind of threw together this random floor jump mechanic to test the system but-"

    "JUST PUT IT ON THE TEST SERVER! If they don't like it they'll tell us there, that's what it's for. If I hear another word out of you I'll be balancing your ass on the tip of my shoe as I kick your jobless hide out of the building."

  2. #222
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,392
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    Yeah everyone around me seem to be relying on a gimmick being discovered to make floor 100 runs more consistent. I don't see it happening, its just unjustified wishful thinking. This whole event is almost complete copy pasta of original nyzul. The fact it took so long to churn out this doo doo butter is sad.
    You're going to be more disappointed when you realize Legion=WoE with only boss monsters and new gear/no chests.

  3. #223
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,795
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Chamaan View Post
    Tanaka: "Is the new event you're programming ready yet?"

    Dev: "Sort of? The framework's there, but I haven't implemented the system to Voltron all the component pieces together into a final armor piece. You said you wanted it to be like Salvage right?"

    "Nevermind that. Is it implementable?"

    "Once again, sort of. I kind of threw together this random floor jump mechanic to test the system but-"

    "JUST PUT IT ON THE TEST SERVER! If they don't like it they'll tell us there, that's what it's for. If I hear another word out of you I'll be balancing your ass on the tip of my shoe as I kick your jobless hide out of the building."
    *Sage Sundi enters the room*

    Sage Sundi: "Wut?"

  4. #224
    Flowery Twats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,583
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    We had a Qiqirn NM last night and I had zero acc issues against him. I don't think it was a THF one though (least it never meleed me more than once per round). It also used Faze in triples.
    I used Feint on that Qiqirin as appeared to have immediate acc problems on him. Don't remember if I had Aggressor up or not, probably not.

  5. #225
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    62
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Drop tiers seem as though they don't want players to really farm lower floors at all. It becomes pointless to do it at 20/40 as people have said, so it may just serve as a milestone (and a place for you to try medusa/gurfurlur/gulool outside of besieged and the HNMs).
    I think the event wasn't scaled perfectly, but has a decent tier system. While 20-40 might seem worthless to most of us, there are some mediocre players that might actually benefit from that gear, and some players that might be struggling to reach floor 40 and getting +1s.

    Then there are those of us fighting to reach floor 100, even though the feat is incredibly difficult. Many of us will fall short at floor 60 or 80. We'll get a slightly lower reward for our efforts. The best players, with a lot of luck, and dedication may eventually get the +5s, even if it's going to be unlikely and painful. This event is pretty difficult in a weird way, granted, I still say it'd be much easier if there wasn't the time limitations lol.

    Sometimes you get unlucky and go 0/30 on n.hands like me, or 0/300 for toci's like most. 99% of people won't get the +5s, but unlike Toci's, the full perle bst won't be the one getting it, because there's no way he was good enough to reach floor 100. The event may be insanely difficult due to the random number generator, and the best may fall short 99% of the time, but the worst of players, even with the best luck on ??? floors, will still never get the +5's that everyone is striving for, because even with a lot of luck, there is still no fucking way that guy is capable of completing 11+ floors and an HNM floor.

    So again, imo, this event isn't as bad as everyone is making it seem. It really is what some people were asking for, gear that isn't obtainable by the average player. But I have a huge boner for removing the time restrictions on all events, especially this one >=|

  6. #226
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    268
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by danthebk View Post
    The best players, with a lot of luck, and dedication may eventually get the +5s, even if it's going to be unlikely and painful.|
    The best players? Please. People already admitted openly that they'll be using Clipper to pass through walls and ApRadar to locate lamps. That cannot be considered "best" in any way, shape or form. Hopefully Nyzul bans of 2012 happen!

  7. #227
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    I'm really enjoying this event, good teamwork really shows for this kind of thing. You can't fuck up at all, and obviously you need a good amount of luck too. This event pretty much fucks pickup groups though. Was able to get 60 twice in a row, would have probably been able to do 80 if people didn't die/order lamp floor.

  8. #228
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,392
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by calinz View Post
    The best players? Please. People already admitted openly that they'll be using Clipper to pass through walls and ApRadar to locate lamps. That cannot be considered "best" in any way, shape or form. Hopefully Nyzul bans of 2012 happen!
    delicious tears.

    So far, the pics I've seen of people reaching Floor60/80 have been the same people that you would expect to rape this kind of content. Plenty of luck for sure and SE is lazy and fucktarded, but a good group is going to be able to farm this and shitty groups will not. At least for the love of fucking Cthululu I won't see retards running around with the shinies.

  9. #229
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    268
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    delicious tears.
    Tears of what exactly? I've not been banned, and I've obtained all my salvage gear the hard way. However, I will not show remorse for those who cheated, and even claimed that the exploit was known to "those who deserved to know". They really did get what they deserved and I couldn't be happier about it and will take every opportunity to express it. If you cheat you need to be punished.

  10. #230
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    You don't need clipper to get to high floors, but I'd say you need fillmore for sure.

  11. #231
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,302
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    Add: Also, assuming that Salvage is finally updated in the future, is it going to be a problem again balancing tags between the 2 events? I suppose in the interim people should consider saving up shit loads of points to get permits before it comes out.
    Nah, Remnants Permit is only 500 Assault Points now. One RvB would be enough for 3 runs, so even if you wanted to run Salvage almost daily you'd only need to sacrifice 2 tags a week.

  12. #232
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    18,291
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    FTR, not a single pic posted has had GMtool activated and I've heard wizbot was down last night.

    People are saying that flee hacking and crap will really help in NI, and it's true. This is going to become a haven for flee hackers, no clipping modes, etc. You have 6 people and you're facing a very difficult objective. GMs are impotent and as long as no one in your group rats you out there is very little danger. It's going to turn into a flee-hacking circus.

    Still, afaik it hasn't yet.

  13. #233
    Burninate all the things.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,407
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    At least for the love of fucking Cthululu I won't see retards running around with the shinies.
    I feel like this is one silver lining, and will hopefully keep the rage in the gimp thread at bay for a while. Even the best groups can't carry a gimp through Nyzul as it stands now. If all 6 members aren't on the ball, 60+ will be a myth.

  14. #234
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    717
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Even the best groups can't carry a gimp through Nyzul as it stands now. If all 6 members aren't on the ball, 60+ will be a myth.
    Just leave your token idiot at the rune every floor. They can't fuck that up.... or can they?

  15. #235
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    I would think that GMs might be watching new content for such activities, but that's just me giving them too much credit.

  16. #236
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    30,387
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    I would think that GMs might be watching new content for such activities, but that's just me giving them too much credit.
    Considering I GMed people for fleehacking, and was in viewing vicinity of said fleehacker while I was talking to a GM and nothing happened...I dont think SE gives a fuck anymore.

  17. #237
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,662
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    FTR, not a single pic posted has had GMtool activated and I've heard wizbot was down last night.

    People are saying that flee hacking and crap will really help in NI, and it's true. This is going to become a haven for flee hackers, no clipping modes, etc. You have 6 people and you're facing a very difficult objective. GMs are impotent and as long as no one in your group rats you out there is very little danger. It's going to turn into a flee-hacking circus.

    Still, afaik it hasn't yet.
    That's what was said about Salvage, Nyzul I and Sandworm bans - that no one would be watching. Then SE napalmed a huge segment of endgame.

    I'm sure SE will be observing who gets the 100 drops as they are currently something only those with extreme luck and coordination will obtain but it goes without saying that the content is designed poorly when you need to Clipper or Fleetool to reasonably stand a chance at getting to the top. Plus we all know greed will kick in eventually and some group will try to sell 80 drops.

    40 will be the average groups goal, 60 for a skilled set of untooled players, 80 with some luck and/or tools, 100 if you strike gold and tool it to the win.

    Oh and I'm sure you can overshoot 100. This is SE we're talking about. Cleared Floor 95? Go up ??? floors and... welcome to floor 2. Thanks for playing.

  18. #238

    Quote Originally Posted by danthebk View Post
    I think the event wasn't scaled perfectly, but has a decent tier system. While 20-40 might seem worthless to most of us, there are some mediocre players that might actually benefit from that gear, and some players that might be struggling to reach floor 40 and getting +1s.

    Then there are those of us fighting to reach floor 100, even though the feat is incredibly difficult. Many of us will fall short at floor 60 or 80. We'll get a slightly lower reward for our efforts. The best players, with a lot of luck, and dedication may eventually get the +5s, even if it's going to be unlikely and painful. This event is pretty difficult in a weird way, granted, I still say it'd be much easier if there wasn't the time limitations lol.

    Sometimes you get unlucky and go 0/30 on n.hands like me, or 0/300 for toci's like most. 99% of people won't get the +5s, but unlike Toci's, the full perle bst won't be the one getting it, because there's no way he was good enough to reach floor 100. The event may be insanely difficult due to the random number generator, and the best may fall short 99% of the time, but the worst of players, even with the best luck on ??? floors, will still never get the +5's that everyone is striving for, because even with a lot of luck, there is still no fucking way that guy is capable of completing 11+ floors and an HNM floor.

    So again, imo, this event isn't as bad as everyone is making it seem. It really is what some people were asking for, gear that isn't obtainable by the average player. But I have a huge boner for removing the time restrictions on all events, especially this one >=|
    So you are basically defending a poorly designed system on the base that it encourages elitism? Bravo

  19. #239
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,478
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    I'm really enjoying this event, good teamwork really shows for this kind of thing. You can't fuck up at all, and obviously you need a good amount of luck too. This event pretty much fucks pickup groups though. Was able to get 60 twice in a row, would have probably been able to do 80 if people didn't die/order lamp floor.
    Well if the balance was a bit different and ppl reaching 80 would have reached 100. Might be a good play on skill. Kind of like how a Full Silversea clear was really nice to do back in the day when everyone knew their shit. Also the one time ppl killed EVERY mob in Arrapago in order to try and pop the Qiqirins lol

    I imagine if you took the current NeoNyzul and made it like 40minute timelimit the balance could be just about right.

  20. #240
    Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,009
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Floor 100 drops are the new Regain Feather.


This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.


Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Nyzul Isle Initial Findings
    By Ryko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 840
    Last Post: 2009-04-08, 15:34
  2. Nyzul Isle findings!!
    By Funkworkz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2007-03-08, 06:59
  3. Nyzul Isle, New Assault Area
    By Jurojin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 2006-07-23, 14:29
  4. Why FFXI players shouldnt venture out into the real world.
    By Goldfish in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2006-07-18, 16:12
  5. Will this work if i want to install ffxi on new pc ?
    By Evilvicious in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2006-03-06, 19:51
  6. Anyone find out how to get the beastmen mask?
    By Zetah in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2005-07-27, 10:40