BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by danthebk View Post
    So yes, I am defending a poorly designed system that rewards players based on their ability. Players that aren't as capable still be rewarded, while rewarding the more capable players higher. I'd love to get the +5s, but if I can't get past floor 46 with my group, apparently we're not as good as we think we are.
    Byrth in the OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Climbing:
    At the end of each floor, you are given the option to ascend ??? floors or to advance to the next floor. The idea is that you will blitz along taking ??? floor (+2~9 ) options until you are within striking distance of a boss, and then you will advance single floors to get to the boss.

If it is an even distribution between 2 and 9, you would expect to travel 5.5 on average each time. This means that you would have to successfully complete ~18 floors on average to get to floor 100, and get lucky enough to have your final ??? floor land you on it. There must be a gimmick, because this is nearly impossible.
    ITT: Random number game with floors takes "skill".

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    ITT: Random number game with floors takes "skill".
    Skill = how fast you clear floors = how many ??? jumps you can do = ultimately how high you can potentially go.

So yes, skill is involved. Now do you have anything useful to add? If not you can piss off.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dude seriously? Incoming drama from this event: I'm such a good player but got fucked with +2 floor up the entire run, etc.
    Skill my fucking ass.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

New nyzul takes luck foremost, and skill second most. You won't be getting to high floors if you have a shitty halfassed group, no matter how lucky you manage to get.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Skill = how fast you clear floors = how many ??? jumps you can do = ultimately how high you can potentially go.

So yes, skill is involved. Now do you have anything useful to add? If not you can piss off.
    Seriously, how are people not getting this. I don't care if you get a 9+ floor jump every single time, if the group is retarded they're not completing the ~12 floors it would take to get to 100, let alone fight the potentially absurd HNM that will be found on floor 100. An excellent group may only make it to floor 20 due to bad luck on floors and a terrible random floor increase, but a mediocre group will probably never get the HQs, even with the simplest floors and greatest floor increases to ever exist. The group would have to be good (and probably using clipper) to get the HQs, or even the +3s for that matter.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It might require luck to get to floor 100, and some of the best players to ever exist may never reach it because of the luck factor. But even if you're incredibly lucky, you won't get to floor 100 unless you're also pretty good.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    Dude seriously? Incoming drama from this event: I'm such a good player but got fucked with +2 floor up the entire run, etc.
    Skill my fucking ass.
    Skill dictates the number of floors you can complete. You could be super lucky and get 9F jumps every time but if you're some gimpy group who can only clear like 5 floors in 30 minutes, you're not going to get gear from anything above F40.

Now go away.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So you have to be a really skilled player with exceptional gear AND have a rabbit's foot in the shape of a four leaf clover embedded into a horseshoe crammed right up your ass just to reach floor 100? Sounds like a wonderful system right up SE's alley.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wonder....what if the ??? Floors may be based on the floors you cleared? For example, a player who has saved up to Floor 60 wil be able to climb faster and receive more floors per ??? Selection. Just a thought.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No, it's not skill dependent. I hope you've got some experience with Nyzul noodles. The event is a joke simple. There's next to zero skill involved. It's... boringly average.

All it comes down to is pure luck on ??? advancement.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yes it is skill based, being a few seconds faster per floor even can be the difference between missing a boss or not.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Skill vs. Luck discussion ends here.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, it isn't perfect, no question. But, people were complaining about all of the full perle bsts going 1/1 on their Toci's Harness. That full perle bst must have been a fucking animal to have not held his group back so much to the point that they could reach floor 100 with him. Then if 6/6 full perle bsts run in and get to floor 100.... Well that probably means that bst is the key to Neo Nyzul.

I imagine it was intended to be a curved system where the majority will fall between floor 40 and 60. Where the average group on an average run would land on floor 50. +/-25 floors for skill, +/-25 floors for luck.

So a completely average group, with a little luck, can get to floor 60, but will probably never reach 80. Where as a group of excellent players would almost always reach 60, and with a bit of luck will typically hit 80, and on a rare occasion where a miracle happens hit 100.

Except I honestly see the average curve as being lower than 50; perhaps 40 with a +/-30 for luck/skill? Of course, I may just be saying that because my group didn't break 46 in two runs lol.

edit: sorry, I didn't refresh the page before posting =O.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    I wonder....what if the ??? Floors may be based on the floors you cleared? For example, a player who has saved up to Floor 60 wil be able to climb faster and receive more floors per ??? Selection. Just a thought.
    I have heard of this rumor, and really hope that this is true. It would drastically curve the (luck-based)difficulty. So someone whom has reached floor 100 is going to average higher floors than someone whom is on their first run. It'll take a little bit of time to reveal this though, and it'll depend on how severe the difference is. If someone on their first run was only averaging about 2-5 floors per ???, where as someone on floor 100 is averaging 5-10, it'd be an obvious increase. But if the average for a new player fell between 3-7, and a floor 100 player fell between 4-8, it won't be as easy to observe. Plus the luck base factor early on, if your first run you're getting constant 8-9s just on dumb luck, then it's difficult to measure the change.

Meh, idk what I'm talking about, just rambling now because I don't feel like working at work. But seriously, this would be nice if it were true.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Has anyone front loaded a few 1 floors and then tried the ??? yet? like 1>2>3>4>5>???>??? to see if it gives you a bigger jump range?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Iwas wondering if it's possible it bases the number of floors jumped via ??? somehow on the average assault rank of the pt? Were most people who got to floor 60+ in groups of say, 6/6 captain's? Because in our runs we only had one captain, 2 FL and the rest PSC and we rarely if at all got any skips higher than 4 in our runs.

If this were the case it would add in progression not 100% tied to the assault and people would start doing the other assaults again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I think its sad that content in FFXI is like trying ideas on one of those online riddles, like http://zestriddle.ovh.org/. Worse, it reminds me of playing Maniac Mansion for NES when I was 12 years old. "I know, I will try to use the screwdriver on the chainsaw, and then use the cheese slice on the record player!"

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    "I know, I will try to use the screwdriver on the chainsaw, and then use the cheese slice on the record player!"
    Reminds me of alchemy lol.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I give it till the end of the week before pics of JP wearing Floor 100 loot pour in, Tanaka pats himself on the pack and this event is filed under balanced.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Joined a group to see how it is and people don't want capped haste /war red curry th7~8 thf because it might slow them down while still letting in uncapped gear haste sams. I don't know if I should facepalm at tanaka or the playerbase more because of this.