Page 169 of 185 FirstFirst ... 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 ... LastLast
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    I swear that on average it's going to better to spam F80 now.
    My group had disgustingly bad luck tonight...but thats not an average. If you're not aiming for 100, theres no point doing Nyzul.

Thats like stopping an emp weapon at 85.................no

Old Merits
    BG Level

Wouldn't the astraria from floor 80 also be a viable means of obtaining gear from floor 100? I don't think they were implemented for no reason, especially if the current difficulty of getting to and finishing floor 100 matches SE's initial intentions as well as the value of the gear.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lepetit89 View Post
    Wouldn't the astraria from floor 80 also be a viable means of obtaining gear from floor 100? I don't think they were implemented for no reason, especially if the current difficulty of getting to and finishing floor 100 matches SE's initial intentions as well as the value of the gear.
    If you want to go for 25 floor80 runs if your luck with fl100 sucks that bad, for just a single piece of gear, sure.
    Spoiler: show
    And getting all that gold-box gear in the process

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Lets presume you get 25 Gold asteria every 28 days, it'll take you 420 days to get all 15 pieces of f100 gear. thats longer than it takes to finish a mythic. Remember you're capping at 80, you're not going to floor 100. Even with a 15% win rate (one win per week, and despite the previous "a good group wins 50% of the time", I dont believe any group who doesnt run through walls will attain 50% at all), it would still only take 105 days to get 15/15, not to mention you're also getting direct drops from the boss.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Granted, that's a lot of time, but considering that not all jobs need all pieces, let alone the fact that not all players need all three sets, I'd still deem it a viable option, especially because some of those pieces seem to be the best in their respective slots, thus matching the difficulty of obtaining them. 28 days, +/- 3 days or so, doesn't seem all that bad for a piece of gear that supposedly matches an E.Body in value during its best times.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Theres no reason to not get them. Consider this: NNI came out in February. March introduced Legion and the new abjurations, both of which created gear that is for the most part inferior to NNI. April introduced PW, which created gear that was for the most part inferior to NNI. June introduced Limbus and Einherjar, and still NNI gear was STILL top of the pack. September introduced Meeble Burrows, and while some of the gear is starting to look better, its still not better than NNI, not to mention that it takes 26 days to have a chance at fighting the last boss.

And lets be honest, if you're serious enough, it'll take a week to lvl a new job up. Who knows if you'll want to lvl a new job in the future.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yes, but you just said it yourself; the past few months have seen several new events with all types of good equipment that are largely inferior to NNI gear. In other words, NNI gear is just that good, which is why I don't see why it absolutely has to be easy enough to obtain so that you can go 15/15 in an amount of time you deem acceptable simply because you need it - it was never about need and I don't think it should be. There are alternatives for the slots in question, not as good, certainly, but that's why the NNI gear is hard to obtain - because many of the pieces simply are the best. It's about the quality of the gear, not about the need to obtain them.

What's more, it's not like SE just put it on floor 100 and made it so that it could only be obtained by the luckiest/best individuals - they provided a viable alternative with the floor 80 astraria which would still allow you to get exceedingly good, if not the best, equipment in a slot in a reasonable amount of time. I'd even say that it's more reasonable than E. Bodies back in the timeframe from the beginning of time until 2010.

Lots of people need the NNI equipment, no doubt, but so did lots of people with E. Bodies and what not back before the levelcap was raised. It never meant that they should be obtainable in a manner the individual player deemed appropriate, simply because there's bound to be inconsistencies that way.

I'd say the only problem that's arisen is the fact that there were means of bypassing parts of the difficulty of NNI, resulting in lots of players with gear they maybe weren't supposed to have yet, making NNI gear a standard long before it was supposed to be one.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Neo Nyzul Isle (CAUTION: GMs have been banning for flee tools)

sadly the difficulty part in NNI is the luck factor and nothing else. it all depends on floor jumps and order lamps

we have run nyzul isle with only lampdatswaps and were done with the event after 1 month or so, capping everyon out 15/15. 30percent clearing rate. tough nowadays without datlamps its much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Lets presume you get 25 Gold asteria every 28 days, it'll take you 420 days to get all 15 pieces of f100 gear. thats longer than it takes to finish a mythic. Remember you're capping at 80, you're not going to floor 100. Even with a 15% win rate (one win per week, and despite the previous "a good group wins 50% of the time", I dont believe any group who doesnt run through walls will attain 50% at all), it would still only take 105 days to get 15/15, not to mention you're also getting direct drops from the boss.
    Why would you ever try for 15/15 nyzul gear lol ? Looks like you all like shinies. As monk I only care about 3 pieces and only one is good (feet). Winning floor 80 while cheating is close to 80%+.

June introduced Limbus and Einherjar, and still NNI gear was STILL top of the pack. September introduced Meeble Burrows, and while some of the gear is starting to look better, its still not better than NNI, not to mention that it takes 26 days to have a chance at fighting the last boss..
    I can't tell for other jobs but as far as MNK and thaumas is concerned :

hands suck.
    Feet are best but only for shijin spiral, so it only interests relic holder. They are generally < AF3+2 for TP.
    legs are inferior to the new meeble burrow ones for VS, and inferior to byakko for SP. They are < AF3+2 for TP.
    head is < a max augmented shura+1 for VS, inferior to many pieces for TP including - MKE head gear stp/critdmg, kacura +1, nemetaona cap (while swapping BB for twilight belt). Head is good for hundred fists.
    body is inferior to AF3+2 as long as you don't cap attack, accuracy or fstr - and even then it's a marginal upgrade, it's still good to have for outside of impetus though but in case you equip spharai it's probably better to keep AF3+2 for the str boost anyway on most things.

So basically there is only one piece of gear to obtain and unlike what you say, top tier gear is not legion or nyzul, but it's still AF3+2. 15/15 nyzul gear is for people that like to waste their time I guess ?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Neo Nyzul Isle (CAUTION: GMs have been banning for flee tools)

Why would you ever try for 15/15 nyzul gear lol ? Looks like you all like shinies. As monk I only care about 3 pieces and only one is good (feet). Winning floor 80 while cheating is close to 80%+.
    we get it you only play mnk, but noone cares

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yes, you're one of those mythical FFXI players that only care about one job, we get it. That's not the case with 95% of the community.

Now you have to explain me why a rdm or whm would need nares.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The other thing is that at the end of the day a lot of us are in a static so ended up capped on drops by default. I didn't want/need 15/15 but some people in my static did. I wasn't about to stop going just because I got my gear, you go until everyone in your group has what they want.

Also, I don't care about my Thaumas/Nares jobs enough to go farm them other drops. So it was actually quicker/easier for me to get and use NNI gear + AH'ables on them than to get something as easy as AF3+2. Certainly not optimal but not exactly gimp either.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Now you have to explain me why a rdm or whm would need nares.
    Nares hands are the best for nuking. The rest comes down to inventory.

Nares Hat/Body/Hands/Feet

v

Warlock Hat (For FC v Nares's FC)
    Esto Hat (No inventory saved)
    Spurrina/Phar
    Nares hands (No inventory saved)
    Duelist Feet+2 (Inventory depends on whether you augment them)

Nares: INT31, MAB33
    Phar: INT29, MAB35
    Spurrina/NQ: INT14, MAB42/39

So it's your decision; either 2MAB gain for 2INT and 1 inventory space or 9/6MAB for 17INT and 1 inventory space. The Spurrina are much more expensive than Nares (Probably 40-60mil).

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Double.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

As monk I only care about 3 pieces and only one is good (feet).
    Because even the gimpest of gimp players these days have more than one job available.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's still all about luck. Even with the new lamps, we have cleared 100 once in about 6 tries but lately, the floor jumps have been abysmal. I would say 50% of our runs have ended around 50-60 due to 3-4 level jumps.

Because even the gimpest of gimp players these days have more than one job available.
    More like : all the gimp players have many jobs leveled but not many with quality gear ; if abyssea did something it was to give something to do to them. Let me tell you why you aim for 15/15 : you want to store them because they are filling you invo (and the jobs are useless) and you need more than 80 slots to properly handle one single job.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eh, why do you need to be 15/15 to store? Can store 1/15 (albeit pointlessly) just as easily as 15/15.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Let me tell you why you aim for 15/15 : you want to store them because they are filling you invo
    Except the number of pieces you have doesn't matter to store them on slips? Welcome to 2012, where you don't need full sets to store them.