Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 135 175 183 184 185
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ty for your help and advice Sech, we did 3 runs last night and won 2/3. The only reason we didn't get to 80 the one run was cause of really bad floor jumps/bad floors.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    I leveled SCH, against my will, PURELY 100% so I could do Neo-Nyzul Isle. This is not an exaggeration, I leveled Sch for no other purpose than Nyzul Isle. I disliked the idea of doing it, but it was the most logical thing.

Funny thing is, since doing that, I now love playing Sch. What I'm trying to say is toughen up princess and level whatever job it is for that event, who knows, you may actually grow to like that job and even if you don't, fuck it, it's still an easier way to get that gear than other means as everyone has said.

Also, Blu was, is, and always will be a very good Nyzul job. If you know how to play it properly and don't just use it as a proc/FC whore.
    Levelled SCH for NNI
    Levelled COR for VW

Got everything from NNI and virtually everything from VW and now can just AFK on my preferred job all the time!
    Spoiler: show
    (although I will admit that I occasionally go melee COR to Reives)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Necroing this a little bit because I am looking a sanity check or something. My Nyzul group has been having some major issues with the event since early last month, and am wondering if anyone else has been struggling with it as well. We run with an Durab BRD and a SCH with 4 solid DDs, Emp DRK, SAM, MNK and a Relic MNK and occasionally we throw in a BLU, all the same as it was before the update except before we had 2x SCH.

Before the update last month we were clearing 100 with no difficulties once out of every 2-3 runs. Yes, we no longer have perma-brava, but healing, kill speed and such are not our issue. An average run for us before would consist of clearing 13-18 floors on a successful floor 100 run without much difficulty. For the last month, we have been clearing 18-24 floors (I am not exaggerating unfortunately) and barely hitting floor 80. We consistently get 2-3 floor jumps with maps that seem much bigger than we remember.

My question is if anyone else is still doing this event, and if so have you noticed such a change? A few weeks ago, I was set on claiming that it was us being so used to embrava that was causing our failings, but after the tenth or eleventh run where we exit at a floor in the 70s with 10 seconds left and receive over 2000 tokens, I feel like something else must be going on. I do not believe that our luck is THIS bad. We are talking not seeing the floor 100 boss in a month (25-30 tags), and more often than not, we end up having to exit without even getting near or over floor 80.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Delain View Post
    Necroing this a little bit because I am looking a sanity check or something. My Nyzul group has been having some major issues with the event since early last month, and am wondering if anyone else has been struggling with it as well. We run with an Durab BRD and a SCH with 4 solid DDs, Emp DRK, SAM, MNK and a Relic MNK and occasionally we throw in a BLU, all the same as it was before the update except before we had 2x SCH.

Before the update last month we were clearing 100 with no difficulties once out of every 2-3 runs. Yes, we no longer have perma-brava, but healing, kill speed and such are not our issue. An average run for us before would consist of clearing 13-18 floors on a successful floor 100 run without much difficulty. For the last month, we have been clearing 18-24 floors (I am not exaggerating unfortunately) and barely hitting floor 80. We consistently get 2-3 floor jumps with maps that seem much bigger than we remember.

My question is if anyone else is still doing this event, and if so have you noticed such a change? A few weeks ago, I was set on claiming that it was us being so used to embrava that was causing our failings, but after the tenth or eleventh run where we exit at a floor in the 70s with 10 seconds left and receive over 2000 tokens, I feel like something else must be going on. I do not believe that our luck is THIS bad. We are talking not seeing the floor 100 boss in a month (25-30 tags), and more often than not, we end up having to exit without even getting near or over floor 80.
    I know there will be those who attribute it to bad luck, but I agree (going, of course, only on my own experience) that floor jumps *seemed* to be less than prior to the update. Now, that's not saying that prior to the update, we didn't have shitty jump luck from time to time, but on a recent run, it took us 6 jumps to get to floor 22. We were lucky enough to have a couple very easy floors, including a free floor on that particular run, so were able to clear 80 still, but we've seen many more 4-5 floor jumps than we have 8-9 floor jumps.

Our group has been (post update) BLU (me), DRG, SAM, WAR, SCH, BRD (ghorn), and we've decided to just lock the run to 80 instead of going to 100. Pre-nerf, we had about a 50-60% clear rate on 100. Post-nerf, we've yet to fail winning floor 80. Our strategy remains largely the same. The DRG and I pair off and go in one direction, while the WAR, SAM and SCH go in another (between Healing Breath and Magic Fruit, my pair is largely self-sufficient).

I have 2 thoughts on your group that might be causing an issue. One (and this is a result of the post-embrava era) is that your group lacks for "burst" damage and seems a bit heavier on what the mathy guys call "white damage," which is to say, when embrava was being used, you were gaining TP while running around, doing lamps, finding NMs and ITG mobs, and so when you engaged them, you had TP to immediately take them down, and your WS rate was much higher. Now you're having to spend more time meleeing mobs, and while I'm sure you guys are quite competent, with the exception of your relic MNK (which is getting the ODD w/o an aftermath), you're having to spend longer on each mob, getting tp. This is a real time sink on kill-all floors. The way our group is built, our SAM is obviously not going to lack for TP, our DRG has jumps, and I have spells, in addition to CDC. The second issue, and you weren't specific, so forgive me for assuming, is that you may be spending a lot of time getting BRD songs up. Whether it's three or four songs, that takes time to sing. The way we do it is, on the first floor, T/N both songs, and then when those wear, the BRD (who is always at the rune) only sings one song per floor while the SCH puts up regen V, en-spell, adloquium, etc.. When an event like this is built around seconds mattering, the group standing at the rune every 2 or 3 jumps waiting for three (or four) songs can waste a lot of time. Obviously, whether one song or four, having a good spellcast time reduction set + /RDM will speed things up. The BRD always tells us when T/N are up again, and that's the only other time during the run when we're standing still for more than 15 seconds or so (T/N floors are also when I Diffusion "Animating Wail," so everyone has haste for the next 5 minutes, taking a bit of a burden off the SCH and BRD for a few jumps).

So those are my too-long thoughts on your issues. If you were having issues just hitting 100, then I'd chalk it up to getting to floor 100, unless you were one of those flawless, everyone's got a 99 REM, we shit rainbows groups, was always about a 40-60% chance, and obviously that was going to drop off somewhat significantly post-embrava nerf. But having trouble hitting 80 might mean it would be a good idea to tweak your setup a little bit. For our group (who are basically 5 awesome friends who are already 15/15 but wanted to help me get 15/15 after returning from a long break), we've resigned ourselves to the notion that locking to 80 and getting a near-100% win rate (we've yet to not get to 80, but we're not done yet, so I won't say 100%) and having to do 5 times as many runs is better than a maybe 20% chance of even making it to floor 100. The only real difference is the loss of pieces physically dropped from the floor 100 boss (which is not insignificant, I admit, since every piece dropped is a run that doesn't have to be done). I hope this helps and you forgive me for being so long-winded

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

We actually figured in the too much time taken to get tp factor and tweaked our jobs to where we are now 2 SAM 1 DRK 1 blu also. Again all well geared. Mob kill speed is not an issue at all barring that one occasional surprise nm that for some reason does not want to die. Songs we have down to a science using exactly what you mentioned. It seems more the horrible floor jumps, large maps, and such are what are killing us. But again,like you, we consistantly struggle to pass floor 30 with fewer than 8 jumps.

As a prime example we had the "awesome" floors to start with last night with specified enemy or leader etc being in the very next room next to the runic. That was sweet and all but ten of those in a row before floor 40 with 2-3 floor jumps caused us to fail the run.

We are in a similar situation where most of us are done but only a couple of us are missing some pieces because they want all 15. Maybe we will just cap at 80 but it still seems something not on our side changed

How are people dealing with Lamp Order for this now, I joined a pug and the only thing we struggled on was Lamp Order everything else was fine. Soon as we got lamp order everything went to shit and took way too long for us to try and find the order out

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

same way as before people figured out the dat trick?

hit them in a certain order (1 2 3 4 5), whichever stays on hold their place in order, everything else shifts over one (1&5 stay on, so new order would be 1 3 4 2 5). Do that order, and whichever stays on holds place, everything else shifts over. In this example, they'd all (2 3 4) have to turn off again (making the order 1 4 2 3 5), or activate the rune: if 3 lights up, 4 has already been ruled out of the 3rd and 4th digit, and the 1st, 2nd and 5th digits are already occupied.

Either way, its really not complicated. If someone catches aggro and goes "lights on...oh shit wait event skipped" and the next person may have went, just do that set over instead of wasting time guessing if that one went in the right order or not.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Any do NNI now that everyone farms Delve 24/7? I'd imagine it would be easier to finish floor 100, now that everyone has delve weapons and upgraded armor.

Campaign
    BG Level

Was damage ever an issue even before SoA? On some floors/NMs maybe, and on those delve weapons really do help, but most of the time I guess NNI is about bad luck or people fuckin up with buffs/lamps, at least as far as I could experience.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Was damage ever an issue even before SoA? On some floors/NMs maybe, and on those delve weapons really do help, but most of the time I guess NNI is about bad luck or people fuckin up with buffs/lamps, at least as far as I could experience.
    No, damage was never the issue. It came down to communication for lamps and DD's avoiding agro as much as possible.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

And luck on jump size and floor map size

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Derail, I know ... Vagus, your avatar makes me want to think about liking hockey

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Better gear and more DPS can definitely help to mitigate bad luck. Cleaving with Bloodbath Axe makes kill-all floors 80+ even more of a joke than they might have been before.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Pruviant View Post
    Derail, I know ... Vagus, your avatar makes me want to think about liking hockey
    Come join the NHL thread

I've yet to do NNI since patch. Maybe I'll give it a shot this week