Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 185 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

and then if luck is on your side you will able to reach floor 100.
    Thanks but no thanks. That's basically a FU from SE to the playerbase. I dont want any LUCK involved to even GET to the 100th boss. I can accept skills and team work but Luck should not be a factor in determining whether you can even get to the boss floor or not.

Changes not incoming for probably 4-5 months, will not be a system that makes any sense and will likely require some ridiculous number of clears from a certain floor to cash in.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Tough and fast event and the incoming changes are perfect to not ruin it but to lower the cost you pay for not being lucky.
    Brilliant job SE.
    The tokens thing was AN issue, but nothing in that post addresses THE issue. The challenge of the event is not the issue. The token cost was not the issue. The issue is that I can only try the damn thing once every 24 hours (average), so when you're talking about <5% chance of seeing F100, I'll be lucky if I see it once a month (assuming I go every chance I get), more realistically every other month at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    Thanks but no thanks. That's basically a FU from SE to the playerbase. I dont want any LUCK involved to even GET to the 100th boss. I can accept skills and team work but Luck should not be a factor in determining whether you can even get to the boss floor or not.
    Assuming the changes happen as stated in a system that makes sense (1 clear=1reward)

Then this is actually the best system SE ever invented.

Shitty players who fucking suck don't get shit, ever. Not even maybe. Never get shit.

Good players get rewards, but when they actually get lucky floor jumps (since they are good, they're clearing large amounts of floors each run) they get to Fl100 and when they win they get to pick the exact item they want so there is no randomness for loot ON TOP of the fact that loot drops each run?

Here's what's great, the gear drops from the bosses and they aren't stingy. Good players are the only ones who are going to get to 80/100. Shit player got fucked.

Pretty much the best event ever. Even now it's not bad. These changes would make it amazing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

inb4 you need to clear the same boss floor 10 times before you can pick the reward you want, or something equally dumb.

Well yeah, that's what obviously going to happen. Oh yeah, and you can sell the clear slips too, lol. This shit is going to be just like the VW translation where the day after there were tons of apologies and we all realized SE really is that retarded.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Pretty much the best event ever. Even now it's not bad. These changes would make it amazing.
    I love doing it, I think it's one of the best things they've added in a while. You have to admit, though, it makes you want to punch babies when you get 5 shitty floor jumps in a row, or get multiple (like 6-8+) all enemies/specified enemies floors in a run. The event has a lot going for it, but the max 1/day in the long run makes it really stressful as it just feels like a waste when you realize that after applying the luck factor (assuming u gotz da skillz) you may only see F100 a few times a year. The fact that I enjoy it so much is probably the reason I'm so pissed about the stupid 24 hour timer. I think I could live with twice a day, but if they just left the 30 minute restriction between runs in there, why not just give us unlimited access (or some other entry restriction like a gil fee or whatever)? Hell, add an item equivalent to Voiddust that I can trade for an extra tag.

I don't see how lowering the token cost makes it more easily repeatable unless you're someone who never did Nyzul in the first place and had basically no tokens before they added this. I realize not everyone gets to a place where they can exit, but you shouldn't be making stupid decisions to jump ahead from floor 85 with 15 seconds left, just exit and take your tokens. If you clear that high you should be getting like 1000-1500 per run which should be enough to cover the temp items you're taking. I think the full set of temps is something like 3700-3900 tokens, and about half of them shouldn't apply to what any given job would be doing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    The tokens thing was AN issue, but nothing in that post addresses THE issue. The challenge of the event is not the issue. The token cost was not the issue. The issue is that I can only try the damn thing once every 24 hours (average), so when you're talking about <5% chance of seeing F100, I'll be lucky if I see it once a month (assuming I go every chance I get), more realistically every other month at best.
    Yeah but since drop rate id pretty good its probably 1-2 pieces every month + 1 piece for EVERYONE after 5-10 (probably) clears.

Oh yeah that. 5-10 clears to get item is actually not retarded. It makes sense because thats not a one item but one item for every member so actually 6 items.

Just think about it.
    You killed floor 100 boss 10 times.
    You got lets say 10 random items and everyone can choose one extra for themself. Thats +60% drop on top of that you choose what you want.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I still really want to beat floor 100 before they nerf this event.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just wish the low tier equipment wasn't so shitty. Just make the low tiers drop multiple cottons or something and put all the good toys on 80/100, rather than 3 tiers of garbage.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just think about it.
    You killed floor 100 boss 10 times.
    You got lets say 10 random items and everyone can choose one extra for themself. Thats +60% drop on top of that you choose what you want.
    Yeah, a year from now. I'm sure (well, not sure, but I certainly hope) a year from now there will be other, better items I'll be focused on getting. If I'm still doing this daily a year from now, I'll probably be incredibly sick of the event. And also, no one has even successfully landed on F100 yet, let alone cleared it, so we're really only making assumptions about the drop rate there (maybe it sucks? would be ultimate slap in the face to get there and get no drops). So the 1/month idea may be high (only time will tell). I agree that in theory the 10 kills thing would be a good idea, but in practice, the 1/day limit would make it so that few people, if any, would ever get to that point.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I love doing it, I think it's one of the best things they've added in a while. You have to admit, though, it makes you want to punch babies when you get 5 shitty floor jumps in a row, or get multiple (like 6-8+) all enemies/specified enemies floors in a run. The event has a lot going for it, but the max 1/day in the long run makes it really stressful as it just feels like a waste when you realize that after applying the luck factor (assuming u gotz da skillz) you may only see F100 a few times a year. The fact that I enjoy it so much is probably the reason I'm so pissed about the stupid 24 hour timer. I think I could live with twice a day, but if they just left the 30 minute restriction between runs in there, why not just give us unlimited access (or some other entry restriction like a gil fee or whatever)? Hell, add an item equivalent to Voiddust that I can trade for an extra tag.

I don't see how lowering the token cost makes it more easily repeatable unless you're someone who never did Nyzul in the first place and had basically no tokens before they added this. I realize not everyone gets to a place where they can exit, but you shouldn't be making stupid decisions to jump ahead from floor 85 with 15 seconds left, just exit and take your tokens. If you clear that high you should be getting like 1000-1500 per run which should be enough to cover the temp items you're taking. I think the full set of temps is something like 3700-3900 tokens, and about half of them shouldn't apply to what any given job would be doing.
    And does it still waste time when you buy temps before using the lamp to warp? Mine you, 6 people taking their sweet ass time buying every temp in the book?

Either way, they made it to floor 99 with WAR, WAR, DRK , SCH, SCH, COR.
    Had they been more luckier and had WAR,WAR,SAM (or MNK), SCH, COR (wildcard resetting embrava), and a Empyrean BRD with lvl 99 harp or a soul voicing ghorn... They would have been the first people to clear floor 100 especially considering they had loldrk (which is considered the weakest job out right now especially against nyzul isles undead mobs).

Sad that everyone that will have floor 100 equipment will be a CHEATER though... This is what happens when SE makes something cost 2 billion gil or makes things impossible to get without cheating (AV glitch pre-nerf and now nyzul isle uncharted).

You get gil sellers in your game and you get cheaters. Right now I don't blame the cheaters but they need to fix the event so that each elite party has a fair chance to make it to floor 100 if they made no mistakes and survived the entire time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Zag View Post
    And does it still waste time when you buy temps before using the lamp to warp? Mine you, 6 people taking their sweet ass time buying every temp in the book?
    No, actually they got that right. First they added a "buy all" option in the zone, but that costs something retarded like almost 4000 tokens. If you go to the assault NPC (Sorrowful Sage), you can personalize a whole list of items by flagging them on or off, and then just clicking the chest and buying your whole preferred list all at once or specific items individually from your preferred list. You shouldn't be in the starting area for more than maybe 15 seconds.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yeah, a year from now. I'm sure (well, not sure, but I certainly hope) a year from now there will be other, better items I'll be focused on getting. If I'm still doing this daily a year from now, I'll probably be incredibly sick of the event. And also, no one has even successfully landed on F100 yet, let alone cleared it, so we're really only making assumptions about the drop rate there (maybe it sucks?). So the 1/month idea may be high (only time will tell). I agree that in theory the 10 kills thing would be a good idea, but in practice, the 1/day limit would make it so that few people, if any, would ever get to that point.
    Well 10 might be too much but 5 sounds reasonable. Assuming You get 5 items from 5 kills + 5 for clears thats 10 items in around 4 months. Sounds like good old salvage
    Remember its only a 30 min event too. Also assuming you going all out with 2hrs etc its also one of the most enjoyable 30 minutes in your day schedule in this game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Either way, they made it to floor 99 with WAR, WAR, DRK , SCH, SCH, COR.
    Had they been more luckier and had WAR,WAR,SAM (or MNK), SCH, COR (wildcard resetting embrava), and a Empyrean BRD with lvl 99 harp or a soul voicing ghorn... They would have been the first people to clear floor 100 especially considering they had loldrk (which is considered the weakest job out right now especially against nyzul isles undead mobs).

Sad that everyone that will have floor 100 equipment will be a CHEATER though... This is what happens when SE makes something cost 2 billion gil or makes things impossible to get without cheating (AV glitch pre-nerf and now nyzul isle uncharted).

You get gil sellers in your game and you get cheaters. Right now I don't blame the cheaters but they need to fix the event so that each elite party has a fair chance to make it to floor 100 if they made no mistakes and survived the entire time.
    You have no idea what are you talking about at bolded part lol.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I still like the idea of getting a time extension for beating a boss floor. If they did something like +3 minutes per boss that could be enough that while you would still need some luck to get to 100, it wouldn't be the insane amount of luck that is currently required. It would also give people an incentive to actually do 20/40/60 bosses.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also assuming you going all out with 2hrs etc its also one of the most enjoyable 30 minutes in your day schedule in this game.
    Agree, but they're giving us crack and limiting our supply to one dose every 24 hours (edit: especially with this being the only thing of any value that was added in this version update). It feels lame as most of the other things they've added recently have been rather unrestrictive. Voidwatch, for example, with the Voiddust, and Dynamis reducing restrictions to 2 hrs a day from the old 3.5 per 3 days. Again, no problem with the challenge level, I like it and I think it's perfect, but definitely a problem with the once a day limit. I realize it's tied to the old assault system, but maybe it shouldn't be (or add a Voiddust for tags!).

Also, inb4 Embrava nerf. Shit's broken lasting 15+ minutes (assuming you recast near the end of Tabula Rasa). And I mean broken in a good way, but broken in a good way means Tanaka's on your ass and ready to destroy you.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Agree, but they're giving us crack and limiting our supply to one dose every 24 hours (edit: especially with this being the only thing of any value that was added in this version update). It feels lame as most of the other things they've added recently have been rather unrestrictive. Voidwatch, for example, with the Voiddust, and Dynamis reducing restrictions to 2 hrs a day from the old 3.5 per 3 days. Again, no problem with the challenge level, I like it and I think it's perfect, but definitely a problem with the once a day limit. I realize it's tied to the old assault system, but maybe it shouldn't be (or add a Voiddust for tags!).

Also, inb4 Embrava nerf. Shit's broken lasting 15+ minutes (assuming you recast near the end of Tabula Rasa). And I mean broken in a good way, but broken in a good way means Tanaka's on your ass and ready to destroy you.
    Well but logically how you want to make it more than once when you need to wait almost 2 hours to get 2hr JA back? Ofc you can reset them with some luck or by going to abyssea but that will add a super boring breaks to excitement event making it overall much less enjoyable.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

No, actually they got that right. First they added a "buy all" option in the zone, but that costs something retarded like almost 4000 tokens. If you go to the assault NPC (Sorrowful Sage), you can personalize a whole list of items by flagging them on or off, and then just clicking the chest and buying your whole preferred list all at once or specific items individually from your preferred list. You shouldn't be in the starting area for more than maybe 15 seconds.
    what that sounds pretty cool. I have about 300,000 tokens from my LS back at level 75. I wanted glanzfaust back when it was first annouced because people thought you would get acc/attk and OAT all in the same aftermath haha. Then Abyssea came out years later.. sold currency and alexandrite lol.

Well If they have berserk drink this time around, that would be nice. Spy's drink, fools, fanatics is a must have for everyone, and every ether you can get for a Blue mage player as well.

If someone is gonna clear floor 100 legit then I know its gonna start with soul voice+ embrava at start with a possible wild card.
    Does bolters roll wear if you get hit by a mob? Probably does but I don't remember.

WAR(ukon),SAM(shosha set),MNK(99 vere), BRD(Ghorn or empyrean harp),SCH(embrava),COR(wild card), all 6 people (movement speed boots). I think they could legit win with enough luck and assuming free floors exist still in neo-nyzul.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

what that sounds pretty cool. I have about 300,000 tokens from my LS back at level 75. I wanted glanzfaust back when it was first annouced because people thought you would get acc/attk and OAT all in the same aftermath haha. Then Abyssea came out years later.. sold currency and alexandrite lol.

Well If they have berserk drink this time around, that would be nice. Spy's drink, fools, fanatics is a must have for everyone, and every ether you can get for a Blue mage player as well.

If someone is gonna clear floor 100 legit then I know its gonna start with soul voice+ embrava at start with a possible wild card.
    Does bolters roll wear if you get hit by a mob? Probably does but I don't remember.

WAR(ukon),SAM(shosha set),MNK(99 vere), BRD(Ghorn or empyrean harp),SCH(embrava),COR(wild card), all 6 people (movement speed boots). I think they could legit win with enough luck and assuming free floors exist still in neo-nyzul.
    Yeah free floors exist.

BRD with harpy is imo only good if you use BLUs and only if that brd also have ghorn. What would you sing as 3rd and/or 4th song for melee jobs that will make some large difference? Im pretty sure whole BRD should be replaced by 2nd COR or BLU or BLM maybe because minuets wont really do that much for you at nyzul.

DRK with one of the relics is probably best DD (its definitely in very top) out there for event like Nyzul.