Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well that's why 25 is too high in my head. 25 is too high to make me even consider capping at 80 as any sort of longterm policy (maybe first few runs after update to get people some +3's). It isn't enticing enough to remove the possibility of 100 unless people were deadset on wanting +3's first.

All our Embrava'ed runs have been 16-19 floors plus exiting with 2-3 mins. Realistically if the stopper was in place for our previous runs I think we would have had 1x 100 clear (the 106 run), 2 very likely 100 clears and 1-2 that were possible 100's. I think we've only Embrava'ed 7 or 8 runs too so it's a pretty decent ratio (admittedly some of them had port averages of 6+).

So that's why for me personally it's too high. I think we could virtually guarantee 80 every run with Embrava + cap in place barring the shittest of luck or mistakes. And I think any group who can do that is going to hit 100 far more often than 1 in 25.

Different strokes for different folks though. I can see why some people would see that as reasonable just as easily as I could see some people being outraged.

It came from JP Dev notes and is apparently live on test server next update (friday?). Not sure how you would really test that though!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Horrible luck last night couldn't get past 80 once

Attempt #2:
    Floor 1: Lamps Same Time 5
    Floor 9: Leader Nerve Render Yiviroon
    Floor 11: Kill All
    Floor 16: LeaderAbject Kharoub
    Floor 23: Kill All Big Died
    Floor 29: Specified Enemy Killing Weapon
    Floor 36: Lamps Same Time 5 LONG RUN
    Floor 40: Troll
    Floor 45: Family Flayer 5
    Floor 51: Leader Groaty Custard
    Floor 55: Kill All
    Floor 59: Specified Enemy Bouncing Ball
    Floor 68: Leader Pistolium Chariot
    Floor 71: Lamps Code
    Floor 78: Kill All
    Floor 79: Lamps Code
    Floor 80: Vamp Goliard Hands

Attempt #3:
    Floor 1: Specified Enemy Ziz
    Floor 5: Family Puddings 3
    Floor 12: Leader Abject Kharoub
    Floor 16: Specified Enemy Black Pudding
    Floor 21: Leader Eye Piercer Fafaroon
    Floor 26: Kill All
    Floor 28: Leader uroro Samaroro
    Floor 36: Family Rats 3
    Floor 38: Specified Enemy Stygian Pugil
    Floor 45: Family Frogs 2
    Floor 47: Kill All LONG LONG
    Floor 56: Family Chariot 2
    Floor 62: Specified Enemy Garm
    Floor 70: Kill All
    Floor 74: Family Frogs 4
    Floor 76: Kill All
    Floor 80: Vamp Goliard Head x2

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    So that's why for me personally it's too high. I think we could virtually guarantee 80 every run with Embrava + cap in place barring the shittest of luck or mistakes. And I think any group who can do that is going to hit 100 far more often than 1 in 25.
    Could you please explain exactly when/how you're using Embrava?

I see that you can get the duration up to 12.5 minutes with Perpetuance and Savant's Bracers +2, but are you able to recast by having the SCH lock onto lamps or something (like Brew locking)?

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Advocating FFXI players suffer because other ventures in the company flop?
    Advocating it? No. I never said I was happy about it did I? However it is the reality. FFXI is obviously a very low priority for SE as a company, and if you start thinking like a business and not a player, it makes sense sadly.

I am still waiting for your few hundred thousand reasons why you think SE can justify moving it's available resources to FFXI.

And I don't think 25 is too high. Saying "It's going to take me 125 days to complete a set" is stupid. Because that says you're going to cap yourself at a lower floor than what you could potentially reach - farming F80 floors for F100 gear. If you think you deserve F100 gear then you should be aiming for F100 and not for F80.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Soho View Post
    Could you please explain exactly when/how you're using Embrava?

I see that you can get the duration up to 12.5 minutes with Perpetuance and Savant's Bracers +2, but are you able to recast by having the SCH lock onto lamps or something (like Brew locking)?
    We start off the run without it and then have the SCH use it at around the 15 minute mark at the next floor where it would be useful. So like we won't use it on a lamp or spec enemy floor.

Embrava is ridiculously broken. We rolled a boss floor where White Magic was restricted with Embrava up. Nobody came anywhere near to dying and the boss was dead in like 15 seconds with no temps used.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We start off the run without it and then have the SCH use it at around the 15 minute mark at the next floor where it would be useful. So like we won't use it on a lamp or spec enemy floor.

Embrava is ridiculously broken. We rolled a boss floor where White Magic was restricted with Embrava up. Nobody came anywhere near to dying and the boss was dead in like 15 seconds with no temps used.
    we do the same thing, and have mules reset 2 hours every run etc

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, we try reset after runs. The SCH has always had a Revit waiting in Abyssea too which is handy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My group does the same. I'm the SCH and I typically try to save it for the first spec enemies floor. I'll do it on an all enemies floor if we're a few minutes into the run as well. Not necessary to use on spec enemy or lamps for obvious reason. Even some enemy "leaders" are easy enough without it.

Best cast scenario, without "locking" the Tabula Rasa status, you can have Embrava last nearly 16 minutes of the run if you recast with perpetuance right before TR wears off (the few seconds between floors should lock Embrava timer, but the time remaining keeps ticking). Suppose if you're super interested in making it last longer you could even get another 30 seconds off Argute Pants +2 augment (makes Tabula Rasa last an extra 30 seconds). What I do is just recast Embrava with Accession/Perpetuance at the start of each floor until Tabula Rasa ends since everyone splits up immediately upon going to a new floor.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And what do you typically do as SCH, apart from Embravaing? Do you generally wait at the rune, or follow a specific player that could require more healing, or just go when there's around a tough boss or flans?

We'd like to try again with SCH and Embrava (our first attempts were disastrous, and not only because of floor selection), and I want to make the best use of it.

Alarial

Our sch heals, buffs, nukes, embravas, and even tap dances.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I almost always wait in the vicinity of the rune and am the one who does the port. I can nuke/solo stuff in the vicinity of the port which allows the rest of the group to run out further without killing that stuff. With Embrava and Regen V stacked (125+/tick regen), there are practically no situations which will require you to follow your group around to heal them. I do throw other buffs (Perpetuance Haste, AoE Phalanx, whatever) and help cure when people are in the vicinity, and if someone calls out a particular NM which I know can be a bitch then I will run out to cure (or nuke, for the custards) and ask someone else to go back to the rune.

Edit: I don't tap dance, though.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty much what Slycer said. Our SCH stays at the rune unless someone is weakened or there's a crappy NM. Probably be better getting the THF to stay at the rune for stuff like amorphs and pudding too but we never bother.

He tries to buff us after every port but DD's will be DD's and we tend to outrun his buffs a lot of the time. He does a stellar job of catching me with haste though!

and the traveler
    BG Level

inb4 everything good about embrava coming to a halt with the floor stopper update

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Why ppl fail to understand its not 4 months to get one set but its 4 months to get 6 sets?

I can understand ppl cant see anything further than their noses but please use a little logic. Its really fundamental difference for item/event ratio if you count items for everyone not only one person

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Why ppl fail to understand its not 4 months to get one set but its 4 months to get 6 sets?

I can understand ppl cant see anything further than their noses but please use a little logic. Its really fundamental difference for item/event ratio if you count items for everyone not only one person
    Umm... They're introducing a way that you collect key items every clear. 25 clears of floor 80 will yield one piece of floor 100. I'm not sure what maths your using. 1 tag per day... if you hit floor 80 every tag, you'll get 1 piece of floor 100 gear after 25 days. I'm not sure how that equals 30 pieces of gear after 120 days...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Miraun View Post
    Umm... They're introducing a way that you collect key items every clear. 25 clears of floor 80 will yield one piece of floor 100. I'm not sure what maths your using. 1 tag per day... if you hit floor 80 every tag, you'll get 1 piece of floor 100 gear after 25 days. I'm not sure how that equals 30 pieces of gear after 120 days...
    There is 6 ppl in party not only you. At other events you might get item faster but only one for one person. Its really simple and important difference. Not to mention its exactly the item you want not random items that might hit the floor because everyone are capped and want something else.

Its like you would change ADL to 5 kills to upg relic and you would count only your relic done per 5 ADL when it would be several relics done after those 5 ADL.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Miraun View Post

Because you're not doing the run solo? There's 5 other people -also- getting these KIs, which means after 25 runs, 6 people each get a higher tier armor item of their choice.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post

Because you're not doing the run solo? There's 5 other people -also- getting these KIs, which means after 25 runs, 6 people each get a higher tier armor item of their choice.
    Exactly and 5 kills per 100 piece liek someone suggested was ridiculous. It would be like every 80 boss would on avg drop one 100 piece (which on avg could end up with more 100 pieces than 80 pieces from killing 80 bosses). If someone really cant see the difference then I have really nothing to add.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If you spam 100 and still don't get the piece you want you get to take your pick.
    Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    Hello!

I have a couple of things to inform you all about in regards to Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region.

First, in regards to the reward system changes, I have some updates. There was a discussion about the new system in regards to the number of times you must defeat a boss and the following two ideas came up:

Differentiate the number of times based on floor: 20/40/60/80
    Don’t differentiate the number of times based on floor: 20/40/60/80

The conclusion was the latter – not to differentiate by floor. On this basis, everyone felt that defeating a boss 25 times would be an appropriate number.

With this said, here is a compilation of what will be done:

Reduction of the cost of temporary items [#6ff](Will be implemented during tomorrow's test server update)[/#6ff]

Token costs will be halved.

[pre]
    Category Pre-change Post-change
    Low cost 100 50
    Mid cost 200 100
    High cost 300 150[/pre]

Implementation of a "stopper" feature [#6fc](Won't be added during tomorrow's test server update)[/#6fc]

After entering, it will be possible to set which floor you would like to aim for: 20/40/60/80/100.
    While you'll no longer be able to go past your destination floor, once you reach the destination floor and defeat the notorious monster there, you will be unable to progress to the next floor. 

Key item/equipment exchange system [#6ff](This version recently discussed above won't be implemented during tomorrow’s test server; however, the system we mentioned the other day will be implemented temporarily)[/#6ff]

In the event that you are able to defeat a specific boss floor 25 times (or more), instead of receiving one of the possible items from that corresponding boss, you will be able to receive a more powerful version of that item.

For example, if you were to defeat the floor 20 notorious monster 25 times, you would be able to receive one of the floor 40 items. However, for floor 100 you will be able to select one of the floor 100 items by defeating the notorious monster found there. 

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    If you spam 100 and still don't get the piece you want you get to take your pick.
    Seriously.... XD