+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Went inside with 2 other BST friends just to test the water and have some fun.

Encountered this enemy leader on the 4th floor.

Spoiler: show

BLU mob, casted all level 99 BLU spells, pretty awesome, went down no problem but I see it being a pain in the ass for a standard group, has usual soulflayer TP mobs and access to Pyrric(SP) Bulwark by eyeballing it, I would say it was taking half damage.

Going in some more, just to fuck about and maybe get lucky with ??? floors and get to a boss.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I don't think F100 is actually going to be that hard to get to, but it will take luck in Floors and Objectives.
    Yeah but you're talking even with a good group probably 1/20 runs that you'd even have a slim chance of getting to F100 because of the way your floors and objectives work out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by transmit View Post
    Exited with 900 or so tokens. Nyzul Isle NPC tells me I have floor 100 in investigation, and floor 52 in Uncharted regions.
    Does the NPC specifically mention the uncharted regions? Something like that wouldn't be a copy/paste mistake by SE. Floor 100 might be related if he separates them like that.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So, it sounds like this event is specifically made for the top of the line geared players, including relic/emp/mythic, etc.

Congrats guys, you all wanted the game to return to a challenge, it begins now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Yeah but you're talking even with a good group probably 1/20 runs that you'd even have a slim chance of getting to F100 because of the way your floors and objectives work out.
    no argument there, but I think a good group running around cheating and whatnot can manage to beat the odds

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yup

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Edit:: beaten above^

Trigun

It would be nice if getting 100 for uncharted let you learn the mythic ws's.
    My mule needs Asc. Fury.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Actually, I think if our group improved our teamwork, got a little bit better as far as job choices, and got used to NI again we could get to 60 about half the time and 80 maybe 25% of the time. 100 would be luck, maybe 10~15% of the time with a maxed out group. Some of the time you're going to get dicked over by ??? floors and end up warping past where you wanted to go. You have to take the ??? option when you're at 75 aiming for 80. Whether it lands on 79/81 or anything else determines whether you're doing the 80 or 100 floor boss that run.

Our 60-floor setup had this:
    * DNC/NIN
    * MNK/?WAR
    * THF/DNC
    * SAM/?WAR
    * RDM/WHM
    * COR/RDM

It would have been better if we had switched the RDM to a WHM, the Thief had subbed NIN or WAR, and we had bought/used Fanatic's Drinks on the floor 60 boss. I don't know what kind of crazy shit is waiting for us at 100, but you can bet your ass you'll need a Fanatic's when you get there.

Useful link, first detailed troll NM report.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well from the names in the dats, looks like a vampyre and dverger on 80 and 100 floors.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

double

And we killed the F40 boss, which is pointless. If we hadn't, we could have just skipped ahead and got to 80 that run pretty easily barring ??? jumps being dicks. We were at F40 in 10m.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ah, Stheno is apparently the sister of Medusa and Euryale (who are both already in the game). Now they should put in some Assault where you fight them all at the same time Magus sisters style!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Finally! A system to reward cheaters again!

Anyone tried going full clipper yet? I managed to do 20 floors with 3 people in normal nyzul in 30 minutes. So I imagine it would be possible to hit 100 with the floors skipping and w/ 6 people.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So what are the chances that if you random at 92+, SE is dickish enough to send you to 101+ like old Nyzul. Because if so, that's going to dent the likelihood of reaching 100 even more.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does progress only record up to the next boss clear? If you need to clear bosses to unlock a higher range of ??? jump numbers that might make sense.

Example: If your first run ever consists of 1, 5, 8, 15, 19, 21 will it record 21? Or will it not record at all?

I'm imagining a potential climb strategy of "aim for each 20, 40, 60, 80 boss clear once" and then make a beeline to 100 to farm after that with your newly unlocked higher range of floor hopping potential.

Sword of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phoenyx Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Ultima
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Does progress only record up to the next boss clear? If you need to clear bosses to unlock a higher range of ??? jump numbers that might make sense.

Example: If your first run ever consists of 1, 5, 8, 15, 19, 21 will it record 21? Or will it not record at all?

I'm imagining a potential climb strategy of "aim for each 20, 40, 60, 80 boss clear once" and then make a beeline to 100 to farm after that with your newly unlocked higher range of floor hopping potential.
    It appears that your progress is recorded to the floor, since someone posted a screenshot of the NPC saying they had floor 52 recorded. However, regardless of progress, you start at floor 1 every run.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by huckster View Post
    if you think getting to uncharted floor 100 is hard check out this boss:
    Looks like lv 1 on a touhou game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    And we killed the F40 boss, which is pointless. If we hadn't, we could have just skipped ahead and got to 80 that run pretty easily barring ??? jumps being dicks. We were at F40 in 10m.
    Yeah, but I would have called our last run "lucky" based on the floors we got.
    * Floor 1: All touch
    * Floor 7: Kill a mousse
    * Floor 14: Kill the Qiqirn (he was a dick, but it still didn't take very long)

* Floor 18: Kill all (not many mobs)
    * Floor 23: Kill a Puk

* Floor 29: Kill all (dragons, but pretty easy and low number)
    * Floor 38: All touch

* Floor 39: Family (Racing Chariots, Edgley and I killed one in like 3 WSs and there were only ~4)
    * Floor 40: Boss, quick fight
    * Floor 49: Kill a Crab (I think?)

* Floor 51: Lamp Order, only 3 lamps
    * Floor 60: Boss, longer fight than before but not too bad.

I've italicized the ones that would be almost instant if we were more practiced. However, we were also above average on our hops. (6.3333 vs. 5.5 predicted). Even with fewer easy floors and less luck, I think a more practiced and prepared gear could get to 60 pretty regularly. You can't really look at floors 39 and 40 as a waste though, because (assuming we got the same ??? floor boosts) we would have needed to advance singles at 59->60 anyway.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

3rd run...

Nothing strange nor startling.. Got dicked over by lamp order because it seems pickup groups are still incapable of doing em >.>;;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast