BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 185 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Works fine for me, although I have it zoomed constantly at 2x, haven't tried zooming in/out on a no-map floor. It'll still show the relative positions which is the key thing really.
    There are some floors that have the layout mapped out, and as you said some areas closed off. Then there are other maps that are completely BLACK and/or it places you on the edge of a map and it them becomes useless. But if you zoom out, you'll be able to see where stuff is just no real map layout.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Someone asked before if anyone had got any drops from random NM's. Well it isn't a worthwhile one but we got Frenzy Sallet on today's runs.

Our runs today were incredibly frustrating. We had a 60 > 80 run where we had 8 min left after porting from 80. Except Vryko got doom off on 2 DD's at under 10% HP and then we got a huge kill all on the next floor with 3 NM's including Byakko with 2 heavy DD's weakened. Then 2 of our other runs both ended on 79 (~45 secs left on clearing). One of them was with 19 floor clears. One of them was with a floor where it took us 5 minutes to find the fifth lamp, partly fail on our account, partly fail on Nyzul tucking it away in a far away room through a train of gears.

EDIT: Also we got a drop where it was double of the same set (i.e. 2x Euxine pieces). I'm sure it's happened to others but posting it anyway as maybe a few people thought the same as me and that there was 1 drop slot per set for each boss which clearly isn't the case.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    EDIT: Also we got a drop where it was double of the same set (i.e. 2x Euxine pieces). I'm sure it's happened to others but posting it anyway as maybe a few people thought the same as me and that there was 1 drop slot per set for each boss which clearly isn't the case.
    Anyone seen a drop with a double of the same item?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

We've seen 2 of the same set, not same item. Another kill today though, with more skip overs on other runs, and one run that just got fucked and we couldn't make it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

two pieces of the same set=bonus of two

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

2x of same item:

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    2x of same item:
    So it looks like it's just 3 identical slots then, each of which can load any of the 15 items.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by pugnax179 View Post
    two pieces of the same set=bonus of two
    +2 to each relevant stat with two pieces equipped? Hmm. Next question would be whether the next item adds +1 or +2 I guess. Good to know!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    +2 to each relevant stat with two pieces equipped? Hmm. Next question would be whether the next item adds +1 or +2 I guess. Good to know!
    yea, +2 to the relevant stats with two pieces equipped

and the traveler
    BG Level

to the people getting double drops (either the same item or different): are you killing the rampart there as well?

my group has failed to see any double drops ever on various kills (usually pouch + item), so we're curious if we're "doing it wrong" in that case.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Nope.

pretty sure byrth and I killed the rampart and we got double drop, maybe we didn't, not sure why you'd think it affected the drop rate

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

We never kill the rampart and we regularly get double drops. Are you bringing a Thf?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    We never kill the rampart and we regularly get double drops. Are you bringing a Thf?
    ^ Usually the rampart just agro's one of us when we rush in and someone sleeps it. Never killed it and we've seen triple drops.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you guys are wondering why people would ask that.

its because theres actually people stupid enough to believe in Nyzul Isle, Killing the Rampart before the NM had some effect on drop rate. Just like people who thought Destroying Forcers in MMM Lowered Exp/Marbles/Time. So you can stop being confused, Its because people are stupid.

(not particularly the guy who posted)

and the traveler
    BG Level

yea it was just something someone in our group said, and of course we bring thf. just never see drops like the ones I see frequently posted! do you slow down to let the thf build TH more?

Quote Originally Posted by ikariiiii View Post
    do you slow down to let the thf build TH more?
    You would probably notice a larger difference in drops from killing the rampart; given that killing the rampart does not change the drops at all. The difference between Treasure Hunter 7-ish and Treasure Hunter more-ish exists, but it is so small that no one may ever even obtain a large enough sample size of Nyzul bosses to measure it's effect on their drop pool.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ikariiiii View Post
    yea it was just something someone in our group said, and of course we bring thf. just never see drops like the ones I see frequently posted! do you slow down to let the thf build TH more?
    No because that involves wasting time that could be spent climbing more floors most of the time.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I hit it once with TH gear on and then immediately swap. If I get something higher than my base 7... great. Otherwise I'll get over it.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So i'm curious, When the update hits and Floor 100 Armor becomes a "100% Drop" Type scenario, and Floor 80 Being more toward Building 25 "Trophies" to get a floor 100, Will you people still bring Thief's?

Or will you replace the token THF With a stronger DD to increase your odds of hitting floor 80+ More often?