Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

F60 boss also dropped our SAM, not sure who he was.

My general point was that in a non practiced group we were at F38 in 8m, even doing an extra floor to account for 5.5 average that puts you at 20m or so to get to 80+. Second run was much easier than first where we got a "No Weaponskills" restriction and had to fight a chariot. (Still didn't take very long)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I wonder if SE will cave and give Neo-Nyzul a 45 minute time limit. Based on your testimonials, this would seem to be the "sweet spot" where getting to 100 isn't PURE luck, yet still depend on being well-prepared/geared. The howls will be long and strong on the Official Forums. I can see them now

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Flayers
    Code lamp (with the inevitable moron in the group that can't follow directions to touch it)
    Clear all on the biggest Nyzul map I've seen (spent more time running than fighting)
    Flayers

Fuck this shit. I forget what floors.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    It appears that your progress is recorded to the floor, since someone posted a screenshot of the NPC saying they had floor 52 recorded. However, regardless of progress, you start at floor 1 every run.
    I never said you didn't start at floor 1 every time.

I want to know what happens if you overshoot a boss floor you haven't cleared yet. Does it still record?
    Has anyone else noticed a correlation between having a higher clear number and a higher range of ??? floor possibilities?

Eh Byrth made a good point, +2 gear is probably what SE expects the masses to get, and F80/100 for the people who don't suck/cheat/dedicate time/get lucky. Don't let our group fool you, we had a 99Twat/95Amano/90Vere/Arma for DD and were running around 1-shotting everything in sight. I definitely think COR works better as the support job, if you take any, because WF is nice for some of the potential NM's you can get from the pool and it isn't wasted by singing.

I do want to see what the 80/100 bosses are like in terms of difficulty. Buying a fana every time eats into my token count.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post

I want to know what happens if you overshoot a boss floor you haven't cleared yet. Does it still record?
    Has anyone else noticed a correlation between having a higher clear number and a higher range of ??? floor possibilities?
    Dunno, could be a possibility. We got very few large jumps our first run, but since it's only two so far it would be largely premature to declare anything.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post

All I noticed was we had a bunch of shity 2floor or 3floor jumps this round, 5/6 were F40 recorded, one was F1.

This dev team... They could not have ruined a potentially awesome event any more effectively.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ports can absolutely screw you though. We just did one and got this

1 > 5 > 7 > 12 > 14 > 16 > 22 > 27 > 29 > 32 > 40 > 42 > 44

I think 60-80 will be consistently possible with a good group. 100 will be possible but needs a lot of luck. And some runs you'll get screwed and not even reach 60.

EDIT: Our set-up wasn't that fantastic. DRK, MNK, DNC, THF, COR, WHM

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Don't know about you, but I'm fantastic!

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I got killed by an angry sapling hitting me for 1k+. I'm not sure how fantastic I can claim to be after that.

Chewzer

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I think 60-80 will be consistently possible with a good group. 100 will be possible but needs a lot of luck. And some runs you'll get screwed and not even reach 60.
    I'm inclined to agree. Given how unreal that +5 gear is, it's not surprising that it will be a rare occurrence to even get to floor 100.

I don't understand all the complaining. Did people expect to have full sets by the end of the day or what?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by InsaniacTHF View Post
    This dev team... They could not have ruined a potentially awesome event any more effectively.
    Evil genie man. Evil genie.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Chewzer View Post
    I don't understand all the complaining. Did people expect to have full sets by the end of the day or what?
    It's this thing called progression. It's what made the original Nyzul Isle fun, exciting and rewarding.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

they shoulda just put this gear on the fucking daily reward goblin and been done with it if they wanted to keep perpetuating this worthless random dumb luck content bullshit

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Has anyone gotten Gears in NI? I haven't seen any yet. Also, I haven't seen a Rampart drop any Alexandrite.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Flayers
    Code lamp (with the inevitable moron in the group that can't follow directions to touch it)
    Clear all on the biggest Nyzul map I've seen (spent more time running than fighting)
    Flayers

Fuck this shit. I forget what floors.
    This sounds like every nyzul run I've ever done.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well, they certainly killed 'congestion'. Whitegate & Nyzul are back to being ghost-towns.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

4th run was almost as terrible as the first. too many low jumps and stupid objectives >.>;

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We can hope for changes and spam the dev forums in the mean time. I'm sure most of you guys remember the original Nyzul was really stupid (only one person advanced on disc and it was reset after clearing F100, had to progress from F1 again). They made major changes to that to make the event enjoyable (it really sucked at first).

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The best part of this, to me, is that they felt this would be so congested as to need a 30 min cooldown.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast