Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Someone I know told me he got to Floor 100 after making something like 14 jumps, where 7 of them were easy stuff like kill 1 single or leader, and one of them was a free floor where he didn't have to do anything. Even with that sort of perfect luck, he said he didn't have enough time to fight anything on 100 before timing out.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Part of SE's FFXI development strategy is to never do the same thing twice, to always innovate. You are stupid for not seeing their genius.
    LOL, well played. I'm actually tempted to sig that one.

I think I'm going to put this event on the List of Fail, and avoid it. The rest of the server did that already, actually.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

As much as I hate the system there's something strangely (and perhaps masochistically) fun about it. We did three runs last night, and we didn't really get lucky on any of them (2 floor jumps, lots of kill all enemies, etc.) and we still wound up in the high 60s to high 70s on all three (fought F60 boss once and continued), so I'm sure F100 is possible, just very unlikely on any given run (likewise F80 is possible but somewhat unlikely). A lot more floors than I thought went by very quickly (~45 seconds or less). As it is right now, though, it's too luck-based. I think another 5-10 minutes in the zone, or higher floor jumps, would make it more feasible to hit F100. The fact that we haven't seen one single account of a successful F100 run is kind of an indicator that the difficulty/luck involved with hitting F100 is a bit too high. I'm sure tweaks will come, hopefully sooner than later.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Higher floor jumps is a double-edged sword. You are more likely to overshoot your goal and can't random-jump from as close.

I agree that it is kind of fun though. I enjoy it for the same reason I used to enjoy Salvage. The entire event is about optimizing your teamwork and increasing your efficiency. You can't afford to waste 30 seconds having someone run back to the rune. You can't afford to sit there in the lobby buffing yourself and talking about how awesome your run is going to be. You can't even waste time picking out your particular Temp items (hence the express-temp option). Someone goes in the wrong order for lamps? Unacceptable.

It is going to be pretty fun. I just wish we could do it more than once per day (or more than once per hour <,<;

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    Someone I know told me he got to Floor 100 after making something like 14 jumps, where 7 of them were easy stuff like kill 1 single or leader, and one of them was a free floor where he didn't have to do anything. Even with that sort of perfect luck, he said he didn't have enough time to fight anything on 100 before timing out.
    not trying to be a douche. In BG, its poidh

"my friend says" doesnt really work well here

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Despite the frustration of this event, I would be more than happy with it, ecstatic even, if they removed the once per day and 30 minute wait limitations. I truly believe that every single problem with this game stems from the needless limitations placed by SE. The absurdly low chance of hitting floor 100 isn't a big deal if you can spam it 48 times in 24 hours. Heck, even with bad luck you'll probably be able to break 90+ with 48 attempts, let alone a few 80s for +3s. I can stomach voidwatch's low drop rates simply because I can do 40+ fights in a day, I may not get what I'm after, but at least I can play the game (granted, I haven't used all of my voidstones like some people have, so I don't have a limitation yet).

The best part about Abyssea was the ability to play the game rather than sitting in Whitegate waiting 24 hours for your next tag or 30 minutes to accept the assault mission.

I think the new Nyzul is excellent (despite my unbearably terrible luck with the ??? floors, my constant Soulflayer family floors involving upwards of 7 mobs, and the most enormous floors I've ever seen), but only if they remove the once per day assault tag limit and 30 minute cool down. That x3 drop screenshot gave me hope for this event.

edit:
    also, this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    Better not have been some derpadoo.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just throwing this way out there. Anyone tried to kill one of those Gears when they have the 'Do not destroy gears' and see if somehow, by the twist mind of some unnamed "producer", that would allowed a big jump (>9)?

It's probably a very low chance being anything meaningful. Also, another thing to consider too is to make sure all the chest are popped to see if SE sneak in a TE in there without saying anything or not. Again, just thinking all the 'possibility' to make reaching 100 not a fantasy but a remote reality.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I understand. I doubt he snapped pics. Till then, it's the account of some guy I know (a social member in my LS whom I don't know well).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It is going to be pretty fun. I just wish we could do it more than once per day (or more than once per hour <,<;
    Exactly, this is the main problem, as danthebk said in his post above. If it was spammable, the cock-block to get to F100 would be acceptable, even expected. The 30 minute restriction would make perfect sense if it wasn't tied to assault tags. As it is now, it's just an element of frustration when you see how close you can get and then you can't try again for at least 24 hours, if not more (if you're accumulating tags). I assume they will never remove it from the assault tag system and they will never change that off 24 hours, though. On the whole, I think higher random jumps would help more than they would hurt. It's only the last random jump (out of 10+) where you want to land on a specific number, the rest of them you want as high as possible. So it would somewhat hurt that one but help all the rest, I'm sure overall it would greatly increase your chances of getting to F100. Bumping up the minimum to 3 or 4 would also effectively accomplish this.

Does anyone know what happens if you overshoot F100? I assume you go back to 1, but I haven't seen any confirmation.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also, I still don't understand why the low level bosses and armor are even there. What the hell is the purpose of the NQ armor? It's all crap... it's almost like they were developing some trial-based system and then they were like "fuck it this is taking too long" and just threw it on the bosses.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Does anyone know what happens if you overshoot F100? I assume you go back to 1, but I haven't seen any confirmation.
    How many kittens would you kill if this actually happened?

Did a run last night. Had fun. Tried to flag again and saw the 30 minute timer. Left to go do something worthwhile.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not like he actually had any information that a pic is necessary for. We know 100 is possible, just unlikely. He didn't give any info about drop rates or NMs that need to be proven with a pic lol.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I haven’t had a chance to try this NI at all, and this is probably a stupid idea but I’ll ask it anyway.

Anyone able to check the times that they are ascending floors?
    Like if you…
    go up at :00 it’s random 1-9
    go up at :23 you go up 3 floors
    go up at :39 you go up 9 floors...etc

only reason I ask is because time in Abyssea and Dyanmis play a role…maybe they did something similar here?

We are getting to Ebon panel paranoid in a 1 day old event.

Not saying it's unjustified, I'm just more inclined to believe the event is as poorly designed as it seems

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm waiting for that first group to get to F100, clear the boss, and time out with the loot in the pool (or get no drops).

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

...at least there's no procs? =/

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    I'm waiting for that first group to get to F100, clear the boss, and time out with the loot in the pool (or get no drops).
    Quartermaster imo

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

while i havent tried it, i think new nyzul actually sounds pretty fun.
    day 1 ranting is typically the same old. everyone will try it, then they'll bitch about how the event sucks. a lot of people will be put off and not pick it up until much later.
    but some people will keep doing it and think that the event is good, until they've found some form of mastery to it, and then rock the event. then people will sit up and take notice, and suddenly, all the things that people complained about would be accepted as is, simply because it was designed that way.

I think a large part of it simply has to do with our playerbase being very cynical at whatever is being thrown at us. I remember when people said what a fail event Abyssea was on day 1 even though almost nothing had been figured out. The same applies to this but to a lesser extent.

Uncharted Nyzul to me, seems to have been imagined as a tower climb challenge. It's meant to push people to the limits by having everyone be as effective as they could possibly be in order to progress / work together as fast as they could in each given scenario. The balance factor this time round comes in the form of accessibility. You have to first be good, and second lucky to reach the very top of the tower, but at that point I think you can be certain there is some form of reward waiting to be seized.
    Based on pics thus far, drop rates on boss floors seem to be very generous, and difficulty has been scaled back accordingly, so its in a different framework than say Voidwatch.

I will agree that assault tag limitations have always been annoying tho. If anything they should reasonably cap tag storage at like 7 so people can make it a weekly thing - understandably it cannot be unlimited both due to content accessibility ratio and zone capacity. Also the 30 min reentry was unnecessary - but i suppose they expected higher demand on the get-go. I expect that they'll remove this soon.

Drop tiers seem as though they don't want players to really farm lower floors at all. It becomes pointless to do it at 20/40 as people have said, so it may just serve as a milestone (and a place for you to try medusa/gurfurlur/gulool outside of besieged and the HNMs). That said, some 40 pieces are already decent so its not really that terrible. If so, then don't make it a point to try to reach that floor. but all in all, it really seems like they only wanted 1 objective in mind for the assault, unlike Nyzul 1, where you could choose to farm NMs for vigil weapons, or hunt specific nms for their ???s for that ?% chance, or keep farming the same floors again and again.

Design-wise i think the zone wasn't meant to handle high capacity to begin with, which is why they made this a non-farmable event. If you could just repeat lv100 again and again consistently, you can be sure the zone will always be full - something that happened back in the Nyzul heyday on weekends that i believe they want to avoid

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    We are getting to Ebon panel paranoid in a 1 day old event.

Not saying it's unjustified, I'm just more inclined to believe the event is as poorly designed as it seems
    Yeah everyone around me seem to be relying on a gimmick being discovered to make floor 100 runs more consistent. I don't see it happening, its just unjustified wishful thinking. This whole event is almost complete copy pasta of original nyzul. The fact it took so long to churn out this doo doo butter is sad.

Add: Also, assuming that Salvage is finally updated in the future, is it going to be a problem again balancing tags between the 2 events? I suppose in the interim people should consider saving up shit loads of points to get permits before it comes out.